Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011 Offseason

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    FYI, it's Dupes, not Dukes. Fluto is also a BU alum.
    ain't naoko comm grad graduate?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      ain't naoko comm grad graduate?
      Yes she is. Hopefully all these BU grads in the Boston media means I'll get a paying job soon . . . not holding my breath though.
      Last edited by reBlur; 06-14-2011, 12:56 AM.
      http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

Comment

Colby Cohen on the ice after the Stanley Cup win. I didn't think he would be there, and dressed in uniform?

http://twitpic.com/5c6w0b

http://twitpic.com/5c6zx9

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
          Colby Cohen on the ice after the Stanley Cup win. I didn't think he would be there, and dressed in uniform?

Interesting...

So after the way this season ended... anyone want to place odds on Warso getting a roster spot next year?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            So after the way this season ended... anyone want to place odds on Warso getting a roster spot next year?
            Obviously great since the Bruins only have one legitimate NHL defenseman.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Another question for those who are New England born and bred....

How do you rank last night as compared to the 2009 NCAA's? (I'm going to ask our Eagle friends the same question).

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post

after the ahl season ends a lot of the players get listed as healthy scratches for the nhl games. kissing the cup is a little odd since he wont get his name on it
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                  after the ahl season ends a lot of the players get listed as healthy scratches for the nhl games. kissing the cup is a little odd since he wont get his name on it
                  This. Colby was a healthy scratch for every playoff game, along with Caron, Whitfield, Bartkowski, Arniel and Khudobin. They practiced separately from the Bruins and were what NHL teams call "Black Aces"- the minor leaguers who serve as reserves during the playoffs. Like Steve said, none of them will get their name on the Cup. Gotta play 41 regular season games or 1 Stanley Cup Final game. Technically Savard and Kampfer won't qualify, either, but I'm sure the B's will petition for them and get it approved.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Another question for those who are New England born and bred....

How do you rank last night as compared to the 2009 NCAA's? (I'm going to ask our Eagle friends the same question).
                    It's all personal preference really, and I bet by taking a sampling here just by the nature of this board it would be heavily weighted towards BU.

Also because DC was a significantly easier trip and less expensive trip than BC (not the college) I bet many more fans went to BU's win, and I bet it will be hard for anyone in that arena for the final minute to ever have a more exciting sports moment, so that may give BU a slight push as well.

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                    kissing the cup is a little odd since he wont get his name on it
                    Significantly less odd than NU's website running a story congratulating Thiessen on winning the cup with Pittsburgh

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      Significantly less odd than NU's website running a story congratulating Thiessen on winning the cup with Pittsburgh
                      ..agree. They did give Barea the kudos he deserves, with the Dallas NBA Championship though .

I hope up in Vermont they name the B-School after Thomas.. (or something like that)
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Chris Drury to retire from NYRangers because of deteriorating knee condition. Maybe he'd like to consider a career in coaching? http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...7jXnaAe8XRQAnK

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                          It's all personal preference really, and I bet by taking a sampling here just by the nature of this board it would be heavily weighted towards BU.

Also because DC was a significantly easier trip and less expensive trip than BC (not the college) I bet many more fans went to BU's win, and I bet it will be hard for anyone in that arena for the final minute to ever have a more exciting sports moment, so that may give BU a slight push as well.
                          I was there in 09 to see BU win it all, and as exciting and awesome as that experience was, this was better - even though I was watching on TV and there was no crazy comeback. BU won an NCAA championship. That's amazing and difficult and everything, but it's still no Stanley Cup. The mystique surrounding the Cup, the idea that these players reached the pinnacle of their sport, the fact that this Bruins team was never really looked at as a Stanley Cup contender until deep in the playoffs, it's a pretty sweet victory. Sure, many kids dream of winning an NCAA championship growing up, but the ultimate goal is the Stanley Cup. I'm a local kid who follows everything in this town but the Celtics/Revs very closely and the only championship that beats this for me was the Red Sox in 2004.
                          http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

Comment

Bruins winning the Cup is an easy No. 1 for me. They've been my favorite team my whole life, so it would be pretty much impossible for anything to ever top this. Red Sox in '04 is an easy No. 2- second favorite team, ended an even longer drought than the Bruins. The '09 national title game was the most exciting game I've ever witnessed in any sport, so it will always have a special place because of that. But in terms of what it means to me personally and where I'd rank it, it wouldn't be near the top of the list. Pats in '01 and Celts in '08 would definitely be ahead of it as well, so it would be 5 at best. I'd maybe put the Pats' other two Super Bowls and the Sox in '07 ahead of it, too. But I'm not like most posters here. I didn't grow up a BU fan like I did B's, Sox, Pats and Celts, and I was really only a die-hard BU fan for two seasons- my freshman and sophomore years.

Comment

Colby Cohen was on one of the duck boats in the parade today.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Colby Cohen was on one of the duck boats in the parade today.
                                He was on the ice raising the cup in Vancouver also.
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X