Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011 Offseason

Originally posted by TerrierFan4Life View Post
    Not that cool...no bruins players skated, and only 6 Vancouver players...not worth it
    8 skaters, plus both goalies were on the ice. It appeared everyone else was in the rink, even if they didn't put their skates on. A young kid with a Canuck jersey got more signatures than he knew what to do with. I miss when getting autographs could give me the ear to ear smile that kid had, oh to be under 22 yet feel old

Comment

Just a fan of BU hockey and was wondering what the plans were for Glass who was dismissed from the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer1980 View Post
        Just a fan of BU hockey and was wondering what the plans were for Glass who was dismissed from the team?
        Playing for Carleton University in Ottawa. Member of the CIS.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by BUTerrierfan View Post
          Now this a story worth reading. Good for all of them. It makes all the BS with hockey (and sports) so trivial when dealing with issues such as this. Nice to read that the entire team showed up to support them as well. Go BU!
          The Terriers finished sixth (out of 36) in top fundraising teams. They raised $2269.62 total. We had an article in the Freep in April about this: http://dailyfreepress.com/2011/04/13...rthiest-cause/
          http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            Playing for Carleton University in Ottawa. Member of the CIS.
            Are you joking? If not, how did this transpire? Do you know how many Americans play Canadian college hockey? By the way, Ottawa is a helluva city; he should have a great time.
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
              Are you joking? If not, how did this transpire? Do you know how many Americans play Canadian college hockey? By the way, Ottawa is a helluva city; he should have a great time.
              Not joking. Not sure how it transpired. I didn't have time to do a phone interview with him; just shot him a text when I saw Hammer II's post. I think reBlur's working on getting more info. I did some quick research and as far as I can tell, no one from Carleton has ever played in the NHL. Not sure about how many Americans play in CIS, etc.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I think reBlur's working on getting more info.
                Yep. I should have a story up on the blog tonight if all goes well. I'll post here when it goes up.

Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

Comment

Glass story is up on the blog: http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/2...-continue.html

Comment

Terrier Alum Eric Gryba won the Calder Cup with the Binghamton Baby Sens tonight with a typical Gryba line of 0's and 4 PM in case anyone cares
                    GO BU

Comment

“It’s something where I love the guys on the team for the most part, but the whole situation, it is what it is,” Glass said.

Interesting quote. Not sure if there's any way of knowing, but did he have a problem with certain guys on the team?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        “It’s something where I love the guys on the team for the most part, but the whole situation, it is what it is,” Glass said.

Interesting quote. Not sure if there's any way of knowing, but did he have a problem with certain guys on the team?
                        Well, there were definitely guys who didn't agree with his account of the dismissal, so I'd guess there would probably be some problems there.

Comment

List of BU players (male/female, past/present) with public twitter accounts plus mini-galleries (25 or fewer images) when possible - http://hockeyphotography.com/blog/20...rsity-players/

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                            List of BU players (male/female, past/present) with public twitter accounts plus mini-galleries (25 or fewer images) when possible - http://hockeyphotography.com/blog/20...rsity-players/
                            Gaudet, Noonan and Nieto all joined twitter recently.

Comment

Gaudet, Noonan and Nieto all joined twitter recently.
                              Thanks, totally forgot Noonan and hadn't seen the other two. Updated now. http://hockeyphotography.com/blog/20...rsity-players/

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Tony Amonte was just on with Felger and Maz and they were ribbing him for not winning a NC with Tkachuk and McEachern. He talked about that last shot with 2 seconds left. Still hurts. And of course his sister is the real star of the family, having just won her sixth National Championship at Northwestern coaching Women's lacrosse.

BU Hockey: 20 Years Ago...
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X