Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College 2011-2012 season outlook

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    well i will never be confused with a college hockey coach or talent scout but alber as most improved is pretty shocking.
    Maybe we should ask hoky for his opinion

Anyways agreed, but I had trouble thinking of who it could be. Maybe Jimmy but he really came on towards the end of last year and continued it instead of a year to year jump.

Comment

good player, glad for him

Comment

Any chance Cav takes the PC job?
        Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
          Any chance Cav takes the PC job?
          Doesn't sound like it. Sounds like it's between Quinn and Leaman.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Yep, sounds like BC has their coaching staff in tact. Tough on Cav, but as a BC fan, glad to have him back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
              Yep, sounds like BC has their coaching staff in tact. Tough on Cav, but as a BC fan, glad to have him back.
              yeah, for sure. it must be hard for him because i would think he has the "as soon as york leaves he's outta here" thing going on in the minds of what ever school interviews him. of course who knows but i suppose that's possible

Comment

Did they show the highlights from this year at the banquet?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  yeah, for sure. it must be hard for him because i would think he has the "as soon as york leaves he's outta here" thing going on in the minds of what ever school interviews him. of course who knows but i suppose that's possible
                  Either that or he just doesn't interview well? Who knows. What I do know is that he is arguably the best recruiter in college hockey the last 15 years. He and Jerry broke down BC recruiting geographic barriers and have proven they can get top talent from all over North America. His loss is BC's gain for 2011-2012.

Comment

Either that or he just doesn't interview well? Who knows. What I do know is that he is arguably the best recruiter in college hockey the last 15 years. He and Jerry broke down BC recruiting geographic barriers and have proven they can get top talent from all over North America. His loss is BC's gain for 2011-2012.
                    he deserves a shot and will get one. great 15 year run

in fairness recruiting at BC is like Cindy Crawford trying to get a ride home from a bar on a late friday night at 1 am in 1988...

Comment

Right because when him & York got here BC was a powerhouse coming off back to back championships and unprecedented success...

Yes, they did show the highlight video, surprised it hasn't made it on to youtube yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        he deserves a shot and will get one. great 15 year run

in fairness recruiting at BC is like Cindy Crawford trying to get a ride home from a bar on a late friday night at 1 am in 1988...
                        So what you are saying... if BC had been in the Hockey East cellar over the last 15 years, all hockey players would still want to come here regardless?

Ahhh... so that explains why it was so easy for Jerry and Cavs to recruit good players back in 1996, '97 etc.

Can't imagine why BC even recruits. Think of the money they could save just putting all-stars on the ice without the recruiting expenses.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          So what you are saying... if BC had been in the Hockey East cellar over the last 15 years, all hockey players would still want to come here regardless?

Ahhh... so that explains why it was so easy for Jerry and Cavs to recruit good players back in 1996, '97 etc.

Can't imagine why BC even recruits. Think of the money they could save just putting all-stars on the ice without the recruiting expenses.
                          No kidding right? Who wanted to come to BC in 1994? I mean, they were giving out 25 scholarships and still stunk.

Jerry and Cav went far and wide to find players to build this program. Credit Jerry for having contacts from BGSU and Clarkson, and credit Cav for going out and selling an east coast reemerging program. How many good Canadian players did BC land prior to them coming on board? By breaking down, not only the outside of MA recruiting barrier but north of the border as well, Jerry and Cav brought BC it's first title since 1949. I mean think about it, Kolanos game winner and Kobasew the MVP of the tourney. It's great having local kids excel at BC, but they expanded their search, found the best players, and most importantly, won the recruiting battles.

Comment

Looks like PC went with Leaman.
                            Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Just because Cav is the head assistant during this great BC run, doesn't mean that the great run will continue if he were to follow York as the Head Coach. Remember when Cedorchuk took over from Ceglarski? Cavanagh may recruit the players, but York closes the deals. This is not a knock on Cavanagh. He is immensely important to the BC program. After seeing situations with other guys (Cedorchuk, Paluch, Pooley), I believe that being a great Assistant doesn't necessarily mean that you will be a great Head Coach. The two guys Providence seemed to whittle their decision to both had experience as Head Coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                                Just because Cav is the head assistant during this great BC run, doesn't mean that the great run will continue if he were to follow York as the Head Coach. Remember when Cedorchuk took over from Ceglarski? Cavanagh may recruit the players, but York closes the deals. This is not a knock on Cavanagh. He is immensely important to the BC program. After seeing situations with other guys (Cedorchuk, Paluch, Pooley), I believe that being a great Assistant doesn't necessarily mean that you will be a great Head Coach. The two guys Providence seemed to whittle their decision to both had experience as Head Coaches.
                                i think that's true.......... of course there are no guarantees but i gotta trust that Jerry will know who is best suited to take over when that sad day finally arrives and he calls it quits

edit: this assuming GDF has any sense at all and let's Jerry decide

Comment

Working...
                                X