Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2011-2012 season outlook

Originally posted by mwade View Post
    Bit.ly is an url shortening service. While someone bad could shorten the url of a bad site using bit.ly, I did not. I believe there are browser plugins that allow you to see the true url before clicking. I use bit.ly a lot since urls usually need to be shortened to fit in a tweet.
    Thanks for clearing that up Melissa. I think if you leave the whole link in on this site it automatically shortens it with a ... in the url. Then when you scan over it you can see the whole url at the bottom of your screen. When you use the bit.ly that is all you see here so that is why I was concerned.

Comment

So Haar is looking for a full scholarship? I would have thought BC would have used up all their scholarship money by now. According to USHR, Danny Linell was offered a full scholarship and took it. And he was certainly late in the process. Plus, I have to imagine Destry Straight got at least a 3 for 4, if not a full boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
        So Haar is looking for a full scholarship? I would have thought BC would have used up all their scholarship money by now. According to USHR, Danny Linell was offered a full scholarship and took it. And he was certainly late in the process. Plus, I have to imagine Destry Straight got at least a 3 for 4, if not a full boat.
        Does BC have such a shortage of defenseman that it can afford a full scholarship for a player who would have been the 6th or 7th D at Northeastern? Will he get to play regularly or will the Caps be satisfied if he just gets to practice against stronger player and limited game experience? It's a very safe bet that he didn't have a "full ride" to NU.

Comment

spam/beg alert

I'm going to have to take down my photo archives in August if I can't raise some $$s to cover the costs of keeping them online. Have a kickstarter campaign with some great rewards - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...keyphotography

end spam

I made a thread, but I know I usually just check on my subscribed threads instead of looking at full list so I thought I'd post here considering how many of the images are BC-related.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
            Does BC have such a shortage of defenseman that it can afford a full scholarship for a player who would have been the 6th or 7th D at Northeastern? Will he get to play regularly or will the Caps be satisfied if he just gets to practice against stronger player and limited game experience? It's a very safe bet that he didn't have a "full ride" to NU.
            no, in fact they return 6 including the top 3 , Cross , Dumoulin and Wey and only lost Samuelsson so i don't know but i'm willing to bet Jerry knows what he's doing

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              He is a keeper+. A player out of the Ben Smith mold. Very accountable and very smart. Gets better every year and is a late 94, which means he will play at least a year of USHL before he shows up

Dont be surprised if he doesnt end up with us natl team next year....
              Hope he does stay with Serino @ MC for 2 more years and then goes the same route as Vecchione. Might have to catch an MC game next year.
              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

agreed

Comment

So shea isn't coming in a few years....
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    So shea isn't coming in a few years....
                    Too much money from Moncton and there's an illness issue in the family.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      Too much money from Moncton and there's an illness issue in the family.
                      That doesn't make a lot of sense, seeing that Neil Shea did alright for himself (likely no money issues) and going to the Q which is further away from home when there is an illness in the family? I hope the extra money he is making in the Q equates to a $200K education, the degree on the resume after hockey, and the priceless college life experience. I guess good luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                        That doesn't make a lot of sense, seeing that Neil Shea did alright for himself (likely no money issues) and going to the Q which is further away from home when there is an illness in the family? I hope the extra money he is making in the Q equates to a $200K education, the degree on the resume after hockey, and the priceless college life experience. I guess good luck to him.
                        I wouldnt waste to much time worrying about it or speculating on anyones family or their financial info.

Neil is a smart guy and good dad. He has his kids best interest at heart and will do the right thing. Good luck to him and his family.
                        Big loss for BC as he is an exceptional hockey player.

Keeping it just to hockey, would have thought he would have taken a stab at US natl team for one year first as he has 5 years of juniors left..... Either way, its a family decision and every kid has their path

Comment

I wouldnt waste to much time worrying about it or speculating on anyones family or their financial info.

Neil is a smart guy and good dad. He has his kids best interest at heart and will do the right thing. Good luck to him and his family.
                          Big loss for BC as he is an exceptional hockey player.

Keeping it just to hockey, would have thought he would have taken a stab at US natl team for one year first as he has 5 years of juniors left..... Either way, its a family decision and every kid has their path
                          With the rate BC has been producing NHL'ers, it's a dumb move. But as I originally said, good luck to him and I hope he makes the NHL, because that free degree would be a nice thing to have should injury or anything else prevent him from a long pro career.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                            With the rate BC has been producing NHL'ers, it's a dumb move. But as I originally said, good luck to him and I hope he makes the NHL, because that free degree would be a nice thing to have should injury or anything else prevent him from a long pro career.
                            You never know... I do know though that the Quebec league has put a lot more kids into the NHL every year than BC has, not even close. I dont give BC as much credit as you do. Hayes, Kreider, Atkinson, Ferriero etc in my opinion would have all made it quicker if they had gone major junior route. Quebec league plays a pro style game, Hockey East runs a bowling alley. The only real thing that D 1 does is allow kids extra time to get ready. Which can be very important. That and an education. Also, lets not get going with the 200K free education. Saw a study recently that said that 90% + of all the guys playing D 1 football for example on a scholarship would have on avg received over 80% free in aid. Which means they would have spent 30 or 40 K tops to go to school. How many people do you really know who pay full? Also, the major junior leagues now allow the key guys to set the money aside and use it down the road at any school, not just a Canadian university. Pat kane for example used his money to pay for his sisters education.

I fully support D 1 and feel eevry kid should do it because there is more to life than hockey. the college experience is tremendous and important for kids. Also dont feel that it better prepares kids for pro hockey. Balance out everything and D 1 wins.

Time will tell.

Comment

You never know... I do know though that the Quebec league has put a lot more kids into the NHL every year than BC has, not even close. I dont give BC as much credit as you do. Hayes, Kreider, Atkinson, Ferriero etc in my opinion would have all made it quicker if they had gone major junior route. Quebec league plays a pro style game, Hockey East runs a bowling alley. The only real thing that D 1 does is allow kids extra time to get ready. Which can be very important. That and an education. Also, lets not get going with the 200K free education. Saw a study recently that said that 90% + of all the guys playing D 1 football for example on a scholarship would have on avg received over 80% free in aid. Which means they would have spent 30 or 40 K tops to go to school. How many people do you really know who pay full? Also, the major junior leagues now allow the key guys to set the money aside and use it down the road at any school, not just a Canadian university. Pat kane for example used his money to pay for his sisters education.

I fully support D 1 and feel eevry kid should do it because there is more to life than hockey. the college experience is tremendous and important for kids. Also dont feel that it better prepares kids for pro hockey. Balance out everything and D 1 wins.

Time will tell.
                              great post . i think, i can only say that i dont think you can compare the football kids on scholarship to the hockey kids for a bundle of reasons and i wonder how many football kids have 40k in student loans

Comment

Hockey East runs a bowling alley.
                                If Hockey East is a bowling alley, Bertagna is the fat guy behind the desk spraying the smelly bowling shoes with cans of Lysol (can't quite reach and call him Saddam and go with the Lebowski reference).

A lot of the times, I would agree with this assessment of the league. But this is the way Bertagna wants it. He'd rather put his ostrich head in the sand and "vehemently disagree" (direct quote from him years ago) with anyone that dares question what is going on in the league.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X