Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2011-2012 season outlook

Originally posted by mwade View Post
    Video of the Hayes brothers at Chicago's prospect camp - http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/vide...id=DL|CHI|home
    From Jimmy's Twitter, they seem to be having a blast.
    Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

I couldn't agree more with the way BCWH Superfan Joe so aptly explained how BC's championships feel different than the Bruins recent success - it's more personal to have BC win and to be a fan of this great hockey program. It's such special thing to really follow this team and to go to all their games - something that most people I know don't really fully understand. Having attended the school when York took over and seeing the program turn around to what it's become adds an element of history for me as well that makes it that much more special.
      BC '97
      Home/Road (yes, even outside Boston ) supporter

Comment

Hayes brothers article - http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=569091

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

And on that note, it is nice to see Jimmy and Kevins cousin, BC recruit Ryan Fitzgerald leading the USA national festival in scoring after 4 games with 9 points....

Comment

Hokydad, how does Fitzgerald stack up vs other top kids in his birth year and what past or present BC player does he best compare to? Thanks!

Comment

He is a keeper+. A player out of the Ben Smith mold. Very accountable and very smart. Gets better every year and is a late 94, which means he will play at least a year of USHL before he shows up

Dont be surprised if he doesnt end up with us natl team next year....

Comment

Hockey Journal article on Tommy Cross.

Comment

Denver Post had an article on Paul Carey and Kieran Millan at the Avs camp. As an Alabama/BC fan, I do object to "...rivalry that can make an Auburn vs. Alabama football matchup seem civil..." - in Alabama you have to have a favorite between the two even if your first loyalty is to some other school or you don't care about football. In Boston, even if you limited it to college hockey fans, that isn't the case. http://bit.ly/colbcbu

HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                  HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Denver Post had an article on Paul Carey and Kieran Millan at the Avs camp. As an Alabama/BC fan, I do object to "...rivalry that can make an Auburn vs. Alabama football matchup seem civil..." - in Alabama you have to have a favorite between the two even if your first loyalty is to some other school or you don't care about football. In Boston, even if you limited it to college hockey fans, that isn't the case. http://bit.ly/colbcbu
                    i would say there's nothing up here that rivals that down there but i'm from here, not there so i really can't say but just having read about the college football rivalries like Alabama-Auburn, Georgia-Florida etc, i would have to say as fierce as the BC-BU rivalry is it isnt like those or maybe it is but just on a smaller more local scale.............nice article on Carey and Milan btw

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      i would say there's nothing up here that rivals that down there but i'm from here, not there so i really can't say but just having read about the college football rivalries like Alabama-Auburn, Georgia-Florida etc, i would have to say as fierce as the BC-BU rivalry is it isnt like those or maybe it is but just on a smaller more local scale.............nice article on Carey and Milan btw
                      Not even in the same world. If you have ever been to one of those games you would know immediatly the difference. BU/BC is like a family reunion vs the Iron Bowl.

Comment

Garrett Haar possibility (decommitted from NU when Cronin left) - http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...oston-college/

HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Expanded on Haar - http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...PKII_blog.html

HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            Not even in the same world. If you have ever been to one of those games you would know immediatly the difference. BU/BC is like a family reunion vs the Iron Bowl.
                            didn't i say that? i have not been but i know it isn't the same thing

Comment

I am not sure of this but I would never click on a link with the .ly country code as it is for Libya. A recent post on Eagle Action was purged that linked to a .ly site for it was rumored to be tainted..

Comment

Bit.ly is an url shortening service. While someone bad could shorten the url of a bad site using bit.ly, I did not. I believe there are browser plugins that allow you to see the true url before clicking. I use bit.ly a lot since urls usually need to be shortened to fit in a tweet.

HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X