Boston College 2011-2012 season outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2011-2012 season outlook

If anyone out there has access to the highlight film from this past year, it would be nice to see. I believe it is first shown at the banquet ceremony.

Comment

It's on youtube, it was put up not long after the banquet. I think it was put up by the username EagleMarketing (thanks Vinny). Or something similar.

On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
        Nope, he has a private account. There are a good number of BC players with private accounts, but I don't list any of them. Listing them, imo, would be inappropriate.
        ohh gotcha sorry i didn't realize his was private!
        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          It's on youtube, it was put up not long after the banquet. I think it was put up by the username EagleMarketing (thanks Vinny). Or something similar.

On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!
          thanks Nick. i dont know why but i just watched the "highlights" of the CC game on youtube and now i am sick to my stomach

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            thanks Nick. i dont know why but i just watched the "highlights" of the CC game on youtube and now i am sick to my stomach
            Why on earth would you do that to yourself. Whats done is done. It is best left alone, in the past. Move forward my friend. Look to the future.
            sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
              Why on earth would you do that to yourself. Whats done is done. It is best left alone, in the past. Move forward my friend. Look to the future.
              i know it but after that self flagellation i tempered the pain a bit it by watching the HE championship game

Comment

i'm sure most who check in here know that it was posted on EA yesterday that Kreider will be back and is taking a full course load this summer to help him get his degree early

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  i'm sure most who check in here know that it was posted on EA yesterday that Kreider will be back and is taking a full course load this summer to help him get his degree early
                  Kreider is the real deal....and I'm not talking just about hockey. He very seriously considered Harvard in the recruiting process, and by all accounts, he was an incredibly stand-up guy throughout the process. He talked to current and former players and was incredibly mature throughout, even when he told Harvard he was going to BC.

I am not at all surprised by this. I don't know his family, but they clearly raised a son so that he has his priorities in the right places. Tough to root against guys like Chris Kreider!

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                    Kreider is the real deal....and I'm not talking just about hockey. He very seriously considered Harvard in the recruiting process, and by all accounts, he was an incredibly stand-up guy throughout the process. He talked to current and former players and was incredibly mature throughout, even when he told Harvard he was going to BC.

I am not at all surprised by this. I don't know his family, but they clearly raised a son so that he has his priorities in the right places. Tough to root against guys like Chris Kreider!
                    sure is............anytime he's been interviewed or any time you hear about him it is always in a positive way

Comment

From piecing together what other schools have published & what we have heard here's a decent look at what the schedule will be:

10-7 Ice Breaker -Grand Forks, North Dakota
                      10-8 Ice Breaker -Grand Forks, North Dakota
                      10-14 vs. Denver
                      10-15
                      10-21 vs. UMass
                      10-22 @ NU
                      10-28
                      10-29
                      11-4 vs. Maine
                      11-5 @ UMass
                      11-11 vs. NU
                      11-13 vs. BU
                      11-18 @ Notre Dame
                      11-19 OFF
                      11-26 @ Yale
                      12-2 vs. BU
                      12-3 @ BU
                      12-6 vs PC
                      Christmas/New Years Tourney: vs. Michigan, vs. Michigan State/Michigan Tech -Great Lakes Invitational, Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan
                      12-29 @ Michigan
                      12-30 @MSU/Michigan Tech
                      1-6
                      1-7
                      1-13 @ UMass
                      1-14 vs NU
                      1-20 @ Maine
                      1-21 @ Maine
                      1-27
                      1-28
                      2-3
                      2-6 NU (Beanpot) 8 PM
                      2-10
                      2-13 Beanpot Cons/Champ Game
                      2-17
                      2-18 @ Mack
                      2-24 @ PC
                      2-25 vs. PC
                      3-2 vs. UVM
                      3-3 vs. UVM

Still need: 1 vs UNH, 2 @ UNH, 2 vs Mack, 1 vs UVM

Comment

^^^ i hate not having UNH as the last series (or even NU like a few years ago) but this year coming up with UVM at least it's 2 at home, in fact the last 3 games are in Conte, i guess that's good................. Seriously, BU on a Sunday in the middle of November? that's freaking awful, national TV or no national TV

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          From piecing together what other schools have published & what we have heard here's a decent look at what the schedule will be:

10-7 Ice Breaker -Grand Forks, North Dakota
                          10-8 Ice Breaker -Grand Forks, North Dakota
                          10-14 vs. Denver
                          10-15
                          10-21 vs. UMass
                          10-22 @ NU
                          10-28
                          10-29
                          11-4 vs. Maine
                          11-5 @ UMass
                          11-11 vs. NU
                          11-13 vs. BU
                          11-18 @ Notre Dame
                          11-19 OFF
                          11-26 @ Yale
                          12-2 vs. BU
                          12-3 @ BU
                          12-6 vs PC
                          Christmas/New Years Tourney: vs. Michigan, vs. Michigan State/Michigan Tech -Great Lakes Invitational, Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan
                          12-29 @ Michigan
                          12-30 @MSU/Michigan Tech
                          1-6
                          1-7
                          1-13 @ UMass
                          1-14 vs NU
                          1-20 @ Maine
                          1-21 @ Maine
                          1-27
                          1-28
                          2-3
                          2-6 NU (Beanpot) 8 PM
                          2-10
                          2-13 Beanpot Cons/Champ Game
                          2-17
                          2-18 @ Mack
                          2-24 @ PC
                          2-25 vs. PC
                          3-2 vs. UVM
                          3-3 vs. UVM

Still need: 1 vs UNH, 2 @ UNH, 2 vs Mack, 1 vs UVM
                          I think we can safely assume February 17th will be home vs. Mack. You also are allowed 2 more non-conference games, because the IceBreaker is exempt.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            I think we can safely assume February 17th will be home vs. Mack. You also are allowed 2 more non-conference games, because the IceBreaker is exempt.
                            Beanpot is OOC which makes 7 (the max I believe)

@Sterlippo, it's terrible the 1st weekend in December/end of Jan has worked out great, why mess with it? Going against the NFL on a Sunday, doesn't make sense. There's a chance we won't play BU after 12/3

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              Beanpot is OOC which makes 7 (the max I believe)

@Sterlippo, it's terrible the 1st weekend in December/end of Jan has worked out great, why mess with it? Going against the NFL on a Sunday, doesn't make sense. There's a chance we won't play BU after 12/3
                              I am aware the Beanpot is NC, and included that within my calculation. The maximum is 7 if you do not have any exempt games. As far as I know, the IceBreaker is still exempt, so this particular year you are allowed 9.

EDIT: Wow, I can't count. IceBreaker (2), Denver, Notre Dame, Yale, GLI (2), Beanpot (2). That's 9.

MORE EDIT: We have 3 possibilities of weekends for the UNH weekend. I'm guessing 2 of the 3 singlets would be on the Beanpot weekends.
                              Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 06-15-2011, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                I am aware the Beanpot is NC, and included that within my calculation. The maximum is 7 if you do not have any exempt games. As far as I know, the IceBreaker is still exempt, so this particular year you are allowed 9.
                                IceBreaker = 2
                                vs. Denver = 1
                                @ ND = 1
                                @ Yale = 1
                                GLI = 2
                                Beanpot = 2
                                9?

Comment

Working...
                                X