Boston College 2011-2012 season outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2011-2012 season outlook

He has said he is coming back the entire time but I guess until the school year starts we won't truly know.

Comment

Potentially a nice pickup. Still growing. At least one other Boston school was in contact with him.

Comment

it will seem strange to go into the year unsure of how the team is going to fare , how the lines we be set and what will York do with the goalies. also, it will be weird to not be the hunted ...............as much as we can ever be that i guess

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          it will seem strange to go into the year unsure of how the team is going to fare , how the lines we be set and what will York do with the goalies. also, it will be weird to not be the hunted ...............as much as we can ever be that i guess
          solid goalie, top 4/5 d with Cross and Dumoulin being two of the top 4/5 in league coming back and 9/10 very nice F's, including Chris Kreider, Almeida, Mullane, Carey, Whitney, Arnold, Hayes etc I would guess BC will still be hunted

every other team lost just as much and some have no where near as good a core coming back

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            solid goalie, top 4/5 d with Cross and Dumoulin being two of the top 4/5 in league coming back and 9/10 very nice F's, including Chris Kreider, Almeida, Mullane, Carey, Whitney, Arnold, Hayes etc I would guess BC will still be hunted

every other team lost just as much and some have no where near as good a core coming back
            I'm going to agree with this. I think BC is still the team to beat, difference being that they just aren't quite as far ahead of everyone else this year. If they aren't picked as the preseason #1 they will be a very close 2nd
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              I'm going to agree with this. I think BC is still the team to beat, difference being that they just aren't quite as far ahead of everyone else this year. If they aren't picked as the preseason #1 they will be a very close 2nd
              i think BU will be the favorite and BC will be grouped with UNH of course and maybe Mack/NU?? as the second group........in my failing memory i cant remember a season where so many of the top players in the league either graduated or left school early. i wonder how many of the say top 20 scorers in the league last year will be back. maybe i'll do that research this afternoon as it beats an ISO audit

Comment

i think BU will be the favorite and BC will be grouped with UNH of course and maybe Mack/NU?? as the second group........in my failing memory i cant remember a season where so many of the top players in the league either graduated or left school early. i wonder how many of the say top 20 scorers in the league last year will be back. maybe i'll do that research this afternoon as it beats an ISO audit
                BU could possible first... but not with Parker and the team has just underperfomed every year save 1 out of the last decade. UNH and BC should be very close together, I would definitely put them ahead of BU, but that's mainly because I think Parker's time has passed. The coaches may disagree. Mack I think drops to a mid pack team 5-6. NU.... who knows, they are the wild card this year. But, I don't think they will be picked more then 3-4.

Comment

First is our's to lose. BU is so far down that they have to earn respect instead of having it given to them. UNH could beat us for the regular season, but that's about it.
                  1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

BU will also have a top team, just look at thier returning roster.
                    I am not saying BC won't be good because they will be.
                    IMO it will be a great match up when both BU & BC take the ice
                    Just adds to the rivalry!!!!

Comment

Help Brooks Dyroff raise money for CEO4Teens if you have a twitter account:

@Brett2point0 #StanleyCup: #Bruins or #Canucks? Tweet #GoBOScup OR #GoVANcup and I'll donate $0.05 to @CEO4Teens http://bit.ly/CEO4teens

You can also buy the hat you've may have seen the players wearing - https://ceo4teens.moontoast.com/estore/embed/190/email

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                        BU will also have a top team, just look at thier returning roster.
                        This quote could have come from anyone of that past few years.

Comment

i shuddered today. Newsday wrote an article about the rangers making a trade for some Flames D prospect named Erixon, and mentioned that the Rangers traded a forward prospect to the Flames because they had a lot of options at forward due to them signing a few forwards including "and Boston College's Chris Kreider, who finished his junior year." After my heart skipped five beats and I ran to my computer to do a google search, I realized it had to be a mistake, especially since Kreider hasn't finished his junior season yet, but boy what a scare! The article also wrote that Gilroy's time with the Rangers may be up since they traded for this Erixon guy, Gilroy is an RFA, and he is the 6th D-man at best, probably more of a healthy scratch.

Comment

All of the above are reasons why I look forward to each new season. Other reasons... who steps up this year to become the 'go-to' guy? How good are the frosh... any immediate impact players?
                            Can't wait for the new season... I love college hockey!
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              All of the above are reasons why I look forward to each new season. Other reasons... who steps up this year to become the 'go-to' guy? How good are the frosh... any immediate impact players?
                              Can't wait for the new season... I love college hockey!
                              you're right and me too...............well, we are getting close to the 1/3 point of the off season a few more weeks and we can start counting down the days

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                you're right and me too...............well, we are getting close to the 1/3 point of the off season a few more weeks and we can start counting down the days
                                Hey now!! Let us enjoy golf season, ok?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X