Boston College 2011-2012 season outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2011-2012 season outlook

From the Heisenberg site, another recruit for 2013.

Conor McGlynn-LW (2013) Oakville Ont, 6' 170, 6-19-95

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

edit - nevermind, the kid is from Hingham.

Good pickup... was on the 2011 NTDP Final 40 Camp Roster with fellow BC commits Shea, Savage, and Santini.
      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 05-16-2011, 10:59 AM.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Almeida-Arnold-Whitney
        Carey-Mullane-Brown
        Linell-Hayes-Atkinson
        Spiro-Tiefenwerth-Dyroff
        Smith-McMullen-Sit (all left wings)

Dumoulin/Alber
        Cross/Shea
        Macloed/Wey
        /Begert

Milner
        Billett
        Barone
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
          Almeida-Arnold-Whitney
          Carey-Mullane-Brown
          Linell-Hayes-Atkinson
          Spiro-Tiefenwerth-Dyroff
          Smith-McMullen-Sit (all left wings)

Dumoulin/Alber
          Cross/Shea
          Macloed/Wey
          /Begert

Milner
          Billett
          Barone
          A little premature to assume that Kreider is gone, no?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Solid pick up.

Comment

Kreider shoots down rumor he's leaving:

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...es_leaving_bc/

Comment

Interesting...

Got a chuckle out of this quote...

“If (the Rangers) have been in touch with my agent

"Advisor", Chris, "advisor"...

edit - looks like someone also picked up on that in the comments section on that blog. Ha!
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Also looks like the reporter forgot to take his notes out:
                  Chris Kreider, decision go back to junior season, as of now. Decision, tough make, wasn’t offer on table, only decision, talked over coaches, decision.
                  Oops.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    Also looks like the reporter forgot to take his notes out:

Oops.
                    Stupid bloggers

Comment

other then the couple of recent commits , especially Linell , if the Kreider rumor is just that than it is the first positive bit of news we have had since the HE championship game
                      Last edited by sterlippo1; 05-17-2011, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                        A little premature to assume that Kreider is gone, no?
                        sure, but its easier to plug him in than take him out.

if he comes back, it certainly adds a ton more depth and gives more options. Both Hayes and Mullane can play center, with Mullane probably being the best of the bunch. I noticed though, that he often took the draws and then switched positionally with Jimmy Hayes and basically played right wing while Hayes was in front of the net. I think this is probably an option they would look to run again with Kevin Hayes (left handed) due to limited options at right wing. they still have pretty good depth at center with the newcomers Linell and Tiefenwerth - provided they can win faceoffs at a decent clip. Smith or Sit probably are more prototypical for a 4th line than Spiro; so in this edition I give Smith the early nod because he was a former teammate with Tiefenwerth and that should be good for some early chemistry. No doubt these spots will rotate early and often. On defense, I dont see Begert getting much playing time barring injury or ineffectiveness (shea).

Almeida-Arnold-Whitney
                        Kreider-Hayes-Mullane
                        Carey- Linell-Atkinson
                        Smith-Tiefenwerth-Brown
                        Spiro-Sit-Dyroff
                        Mcmullen

Dumoulin/Alber
                        Cross/Shea
                        Macloed/Wey
                        /Begert

Milner
                        Billett
                        Barone
                        Last edited by SteveF; 05-17-2011, 02:27 PM.
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Steve, those lines look good but I would think that Tiefenwerth would perhaps get the nod on the 3rd line over TAtkinson. TAtkinson clearly has the experience, but Tiefenwerth is in a completely different league when it comes to talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            Interesting...

Got a chuckle out of this quote...

“If (the Rangers) have been in touch with my agent

"Advisor", Chris, "advisor"...

edit - looks like someone also picked up on that in the comments section on that blog. Ha!
                            Anyone else think that was a real big oops? He just admited that he has an agent, something that very obviously eliminates his NCAA eligibility. Even if you assume he mispoke and the "agent" is his "advisor" then the advisor can not have contact with the Rangers, which clearly Krieder is expecting...

I gotta imagine someone's interest from NCAA HQ just got piqued and they will soon be looking into it.
                            Originally posted by Hokydad
                            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                              Anyone else think that was a real big oops? He just admited that he has an agent, something that very obviously eliminates his NCAA eligibility. Even if you assume he mispoke and the "agent" is his "advisor" then the advisor can not have contact with the Rangers, which clearly Krieder is expecting...

I gotta imagine someone's interest from NCAA HQ just got piqued and they will soon be looking into it.
                              Drink a little bongwater this morning jc?

Agent, Advisor... he used the wrong name. The difference is that an advisor turns into an agent when he gets paid for his services. And advisors can absolutely have contact with professional teams. Do you think these kids represent themselves in contract negotiations to retain eligibility in case negotiations fall through? As long as he isn't paying his "advisor" right now, there should be absolutely no issue.
                              Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 05-18-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Agent, Advisor... he used the wrong name. The difference is that an advisor turns into an agent when he gets paid for his services. And advisors can absolutely have contact with professional teams. Do you think these kids represent themselves in contract negotiations to retain eligibility in case negotiations fall through? As long as he isn't paying his "advisor" right now, there should be absolutely no issue.
                                I admittedly have neither the time nor inclination to dig through the NCAA rule book, however a quick google searched turned up this
                                Originally posted by http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5423136
                                NCAA rules permit athletes to have advisers, but those advisers/agents aren't allowed to be part of any negotiation process.
                                Maybe someone else knows the NCAA rules on this better then me, if so I will defer.
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Working...
                                X