• Show
Clear All

• The official north dakota fighting sioux offseason thread

Enjoy golf season SUE fans!
    Gopher Sports

The official UND Fan Website

Go Gophs!

Re: The official north dakota fighting sioux offseason thread

Keep hakstool, he proved once again he can coach any team with more talent to a ncaa loss.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Haven't the Gophers been out golfing for months now?

Keep Lucia as well. No other coach can have that much talent and draft picks the last few years and not even make the playoffs.

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        Haven't the Gophers been out golfing for months now?

Keep Lucia as well. No other coach can have that much talent and draft picks the last few years and not even make the playoffs.

The Two National Championships say that at least he had it at one time, unlike someone like hakstool, who had a better team, and got completely out coached.

Comment

Originally posted by MMECT View Post
          Enjoy golf season SUE fans!
          Not cool to stoop, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
            The Two National Championships say that at least he had it at one time, unlike someone like hakstool, who had a better team, and got completely out coached.
            Those two titles are getting pretty far into the past as well.

And as far as the "out-coaching"...enlighten me, Happy. What would you have done differently in Hakstol's shoes tonight? Dominate the opponent even more? Getting outcoached has nothing to do with Hunwick standing on his head and Michigan playing UAA hockey for the last two periods after they scored first.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I'm pretty sure those two titles are more recently then any won by the Sue... I'm just saying

Comment

And as far as the "out-coaching"...enlighten me, Happy. What would you have done differently in Hakstol's shoes tonight? Dominate the opponent even more? Getting outcoached has nothing to do with Hunwick standing on his head and Michigan playing UAA hockey for the last two periods after they scored first.
                I would have won. UND had a lot more talent on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                  I'm pretty sure those two titles are more recently then any won by the Sue... I'm just saying
                  Really? You don't say?
                  Those titles are the only thing keeping Lucia from getting fired at this point. Which could be viewed as both a blessing and a curse from Gopher fans...yeah, the titles were won, but now you have to suffer through years of mediocrity because of them.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I would have won. UND had a lot more talent on the ice.
                    Just as I expected from you. Nothing.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Really? You don't say?
                      Those titles are the only thing keeping Lucia from getting fired at this point. Which could be viewed as both a blessing and a curse from Gopher fans...yeah, the titles were won, but now you have to suffer through years of mediocrity because of them.
                      *Sigh* I hate that you're right. But interesting question... which is worse, getting close but not being about to finish it out and win the big one, or...... nevermind.

Wonder what the team thinks about not touching the trophies now? Will they go back and parade around with them to make up for it?

Comment

Just as I expected from you. Nothing.
                        Red played his game. Hakstool played Red's game. Hakstool had way more talent. Who was the better coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                          Wonder what the team thinks about not touching the trophies now? Will they go back and parade around with them to make up for it?
                          My guess is that they don't really care too much about that.
                          They realized that they had the potential to win the national title...just didn't work out as planned.
                          That's how the game goes sometimes.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Red played his game. Hakstool played Red's game. Hakstool had way more talent. Who was the better coach?
                            If Red's game plan was to get outshot 2-to-1 and get completely dominated in every part of the game...then that was one risky coaching job.

It worked for him this time...but barely!

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

If Red's game plan was to get outshot 2-to-1 and get completely dominated in every part of the game...then that was one risky coaching job.

It worked for him this time...but barely!
                              Have to agree;this was not about coaching strategy.

MI managed to sit on a lead for nearly 2 periods,but that's not gonna win you too many games as a general rule.My guess is that they won't have a lead to sit on v. UMD,so they'll have to play more aggressively.

Should be a fun game to watch.I like Duluth in a squeaker,especially if they score first.

Comment

Working...
                              X