Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence College Summer 2011: The Hockey Guy Adventures

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    I'd rather shoot you while playing golf.
    With a camera???

Comment

With some nice new purple pants or nickers and a matching hat

Comment

I wondered if the HG could visualize his team winning the NC as he presented the trophy?

Watch for either Quinn or Cavanaugh was the word on the street today.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
          I wondered if the HG could visualize his team winning the NC as he presented the trophy?

Of course he could!!!! Don't be a jerk.
          Driscoll goes to bed each night and dreams of Ithica winning the national championship!!!! He also dreams that he scores the winning goal and his mom presents him with the trophy and tells him that he's the BESTEST boy she knows........

Comment

Where does that leave Bennett, UML or no where.......either will be good I like Quinn the best

Comment

I'm assuming that with the season officially over, we'll see some movement this week.

I wonder if PC will be the first team to get a new coach, or will the seach only really begin when UML (or even MTU) lands someone...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I just posted something about this on the BU thread, but would like to get PC fans' opinions, too. If it is Quinn or Cavanaugh that gets the job, would you be worried about them bolting to replace Parker/York in a couple years? Both are considered among the favorites to do so by the BU and BC fanbases, respectively. Obviously both are great coaches, but do any of you feel like they would be a risky hire given the flight risk?
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                  I just posted something about this on the BU thread, but would like to get PC fans' opinions, too. If it is Quinn or Cavanaugh that gets the job, would you be worried about them bolting to replace Parker/York in a couple years? Both are considered among the favorites to do so by the BU and BC fanbases, respectively. Obviously both are great coaches, but do any of you feel like they would be a risky hire given the flight risk?
                  NO even if either one is the new PC coach he would give the program the needed jump start to acquire a new coach when they leave.....I would hate to see a coach that is actually achieving the things we want leave but I could understand either of them running to their dream job.....all coaches are risky for different reasons this is the least risky reason I can imagine, we get better and they leave, I can live with that.....remember Red Berenson is a young 71 so maybe Jack and Jerry have a long way to go !!!!!
                  Last edited by satyking; 04-10-2011, 03:00 PM. Reason: add text

Comment

What a great resume http://internationalhockeylegends.bl...vid-quinn.html

and more here http://monsters.infopop.cc/eve/forum...297#3844037297
                    Last edited by satyking; 04-10-2011, 07:49 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

I just posted something about this on the BU thread, but would like to get PC fans' opinions, too. If it is Quinn or Cavanaugh that gets the job, would you be worried about them bolting to replace Parker/York in a couple years? Both are considered among the favorites to do so by the BU and BC fanbases, respectively.
                      Quinn is a native Rhode Islander and still lives here apparently (well, at least we know what country club he belongs to!). If he can turn PC around and he wants to stay at home, it seems like it would be a real good fit for him. Obviously who knows what anyone's agenda is...but PC needs someone to turn things around and now. So what if they leave after getting the program on the right track...they're not in a position to complain about that right now.
                      Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 04-10-2011, 08:04 PM.

Comment

the point is, why not do both? Turn and stay...

Mike Sullivan is next in line at BU.

Quinn, Bennett, Leeman and Pearl and Cav seem to be focus

with quinn, cav and pearl at top

Comment

The one person on the list that I am really not enthusiastic about is Pearl from Holy Cross. Granted he has run a great program there but the level of quality teams Holy Cross plays in the Atlantic Hockey Conference doesn't even come close to the Hockey East. My biggest concern with Pearl is his ability to recruit which I don't feel can match up to the rest of the league. Just to reiterate what has been said in this thread by others, PC needs a fresh start and I truly believe Driscoll is going to make that happen. If you look back when Pooley left, he made at the time seemed like a great move by getting Army. Although that did not work out I think Driscoll now knows what the PC program needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            Bennett, Quinn, Cavanaugh, Leeman, Hughes all great names. Peters has a great resume as well. Whatever they do will be great news for PC fans

If you are looking for a great recruiter/judge of talent the big boys dont go after, how can it not be Rick Bennett. A 6 year old could recruit at BC. Just find the top players, have Coach York watcha game and sign them up.
                            If you are looking for a great teacher who gets everything out of his players, again look no further than Rick Bennett.

It will be fun to watch unfold over the next few weeks
                            This is a typical stupid statement. If you knew anything about Cavanaugh, it's that he is one of the best people person coaches in America, which makes him a top recruiter. If this guy wanted to sell widgets he would be sucessful. You are way off base discrediting his recruiting success by associating it with BC. WAY off base. All you have to look at is the consistency of his success. No one in the country has done it better for the last 15 years. You would all be fools to discredit this guy.

That being said I like David Quinn for this job. Both Quinn and Cav are probably 1 and 2 in terms of "free agent" coaches on the D1 market. With Quinn being from RI and his experience, he would be a great fit.

Comment

I agree with everything you say about Cavanaugh. Point was that it is clearly easier to recruit at BC than most other programs. That can not be held against a coach.
                              He would be a great fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                                I agree with everything you say about Cavanaugh. Point was that it is clearly easier to recruit at BC than most other programs. That can not be held against a coach.
                                He would be a great fit.
                                Hoky (sic) should be bikingdad or in his case bykigdad, I've never seen anyone backpedal like him when called out!

I have to say I like Cavanaugh, with Quinn I'd be anxious to see who he thought would be on his staff since he is a little removed from college hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X