• Re: Providence College Summer 2011: The Hockey Guy Adventures

Schedule is fixed NE on 11/18 has been added

Originally posted by ljs View Post
      Where's the 3rd Northeastern game?

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
        Schedule is fixed NE on 11/18 has been added
        Where is this game being played? I will update the schedule accordingly (assuming someone hasn't already beat me to it).

Comment

From USHR: Florentino Commits to Friars

6’2”, 200 lb. Anthony Florentino, who will be a junior at the South Kent School this coming season, has committed to Providence College for the fall of ’13.

Florentino, who made his final pick from between UMass-Amherst and Providence, is a 1/30/95 birthdate and West Roxbury, Mass. native. Before going to South Kent last fall, Florentino attended Xaverian. In March, Florentino attended the NTDP evaluation camp and played very well.

A big kid for his age, Florentino skates well, and has offensive skills. How those offensive skills develop over the next couple of years will tell a lot, but there’s plenty of upside.

“He has the size and physical presence to be a force,” says South Kent head coach Eric Soltys. “Anthony – whose family advisor is Phil Lecavalier -- could play in the NHL someday. He’s not an end-to-end guy. He’s more a first-pass and join-the-rush guy. He just came in here with a lot of raw talent. He’s a sponge; just wants to get better and better. Special things happen to special kids, and he’s a special kid.”

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            From USHR: Florentino Commits to Friars
            Another defenseman?

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
              Another defenseman?
              Yes, Remember though with Velishcek returning a big need out of the '13 recruits will be defensemen as Alex, Harvey graduate both who figure to be your maintstays on defense the next 2 years. Also because these kids have size already they project better. Those top forwards still aren't going to fall out of the sky and appear in a PC uniform
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                Yes, Remember though with Velishcek returning a big need out of the '13 recruits will be defensemen as Alex, Harvey graduate both who figure to be your maintstays on defense the next 2 years. Also because these kids have size already they project better. Those top forwards still aren't going to fall out of the sky and appear in a PC uniform
                Well put cav, I guess I am optimistic about the recruiting ability of this new staff. Can't wait to hear of so high profile forwards commiting to the program.

Comment

http://www.friars.com/sports/m-hocke...061511aaa.html

congrats to everyone who made it.
                  Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Good for the school and all the atheletes.

Comment

That is an article I always look forward to reading. Let's face it, some people (like me) do still believe that somewhere in college sports there really are student-atheletes and we should celebrate the academic accomplishments of the players. Congratulations to Ben Farrer, Matt Germain, Paul Golden, Jordan Kremyr, Kyle MacKinnon, Ian O'Connor, Andy Balysky, Matt Bergland, David Brown, Justin Gates, Robert Maloney, and Steven Shamanski. Good job men.

Comment

I think the last time the Bruins won the cup it was the start of PC's rise to national prominence. Maybe history will repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                          I think the last time the Bruins won the cup it was the start of PC's rise to national prominence. Maybe history will repeat.
                          Someone has the tinted glasses on!
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Tim Army is now an assistant coach for the Colorado Avalanche, focusing on video analysis

Comment

Have Laptop will travel !!!!!!

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
                              Tim Army is now an assistant coach for the Colorado Avalanche, focusing on video analysis

Comment

Good for Tim. I wish him great success.

Comment

Working...
                                X