1 Year Anthony Proteau / Potsdam Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Year Anthony Proteau / Potsdam Bear

It has been 1 year this week end past since the death of Potsdam forward Anthony Proteau. A beautiful charming witty laughing young man. His memory is so fresh it is difficult to write this. His Dad Alain and I coached Anthony, Kief Orsini ( Maine/Concordia ) Max Noreau ( Houston Aeros AHL ) and my son Gavin ( Amherst ) when they were 7 and 8. The boys together Pee Wee AA, Bantam AA, Midget...then everybody splitting up in different directions at Prep and Jr. In retrospect a gentle time with Anthony in every picture. Getting together to train at Rapid, and Painstation in the summers with all the Montreal guys, lifting at the Y, pre drinking in my living room before they hit the clubs just talking trash and howling with laughter. I loved the sound. Anthony was so much a part of all our lives, the travel, tournaments, scrimmages, dinners over the years. Everyone who knew Anthony misses him and his beautiful mother Joanne who died a few months before him.
    Explosive goal scorer, quick feet, quick release hard shot good hands. A good man. Peace.
    Gord
    Last edited by doncheery; 04-04-2011, 01:00 PM.
    "just another internet gangster"...PSUChamps

"you can only be as good as your coach will let you be" Ray Ferraro

Re: 1 Year Anthony Proteau / Potsdam Bear

Originally posted by doncheery View Post
    It has been 1 year this week end past since the death of Potsdam forward Anthony Proteau. A beautiful charming witty laughing young man. His memory is so fresh it is difficult to write this. His Dad Alain and I coached Anthony, Kief Orsini ( Maine/Concordia ) Max Noreau ( Houston Aeros AHL ) and my son Gavin ( Amherst ) when they were 7 and 8. The boys together Pee Wee AA, Bantam AA, Midget...then everybody splitting up in different directions at Prep and Jr. Getting together to train at Rapid, and Painstation in the summers with all the Montreal guys, lifting at the Y, pre drinking in my living room before they hit the clubs just talking trash and howling with laughter. I loved the sound. Everyone who knew Anthony misses him and his beautiful mother Joanne who died a few months before him.
    Explosive goal scorer, quick feet, quick release hard shot good hands. A good man. Peace.
    Gord
    RIP, it certainly gives a reality check/perspective on life and how much we can not control and that we need to do our best while we can.

Seasons in the Sun - Terry Jacks Lyrics
    Last edited by norm1909; 04-04-2011, 01:01 PM.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
    X