PDA

View Full Version : Hobey Hat Trick

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC/HE
03-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Boston Collegeís Cam Atkinson, North Dakotaís Matt Frattin and Miamiís Andy Miele are the three finalists for the 2011 Hobey Baker Award.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2011/03/30/atkinson-frattin-miele-make-up-2011-hobey-hat-trick/#ixzz1I7NHXROQ

Hobey Baker Award Criteria
1. Candidates must exhibit strength of character both on and off the ice.

2. Candidates must contribute to the integrity of the team and display outstanding skills in all phases of the game.

3. Consideration should be given to scholastic achievement and sportmanship.

4. Candidates must comply with all NCAA rules: be full time students in an accredited NCAA college or university; and complete 50% or more of the season.

Sloe Gin
03-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Frattin or bust

Biddco
03-30-2011, 03:56 PM
In honor of Matt Frattin, I believe we should change the name of the Hobey Hat Trick to the Hobey Triple Sec.

goldy_331
03-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Frattin or bust

Do you want to get a jump and start the "Frattin Was Robbed!!!!!11!!!!!" thread now so it's ready just in case?

J.D.
03-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Miele in a landslide. Frattin shouldn't win this for obvious reasons.

Greyeagle
03-30-2011, 04:13 PM
Frattin mows down the competition for an easy 2nd place finish. :D

UMDSimmerdown
03-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Frattin mows down the competition for an easy 2nd place finish. :D

Pun win! :D

BC/HE
03-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Apparently some of the criteria is ignored when making selections. Criteria #1 seems to have been ignored somewhat unless they only look at this past season. I have heard that past records can influence a selecion a little but the primary focus is on this past year. All 10 candidates probably display criteria #2 having outstanding skills and I assume they are team players rather than individual stat seekers. However criteria #3 seems to be an afterthought in the selection as only a few candidates displayed high scholastic achievement such as Polacek(multiple deans lists), Camper(3.62 GPA and Lowe's senior class award nominee) and Zanette(graduated early cum laude and working on his MBA) with Zanette also being a finalist for the Humanitarian award. Most people look for a high profile player on a Frozen 4 team but I think they really should have looked at Zanette more closely as he displayed a lot more than his second in the nation PPG and 29 goals. It would have been nice to have a Hobey Humanitarian win it.

MUnRPI
03-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Apparently some of the criteria is ignored when making selections. Criteria #1 seems to have been ignored somewhat unless they only look at this past season. I have heard that past records can influence a selecion a little but the primary focus is on this past year. All 10 candidates probably display criteria #2 having outstanding skills and I assume they are team players rather than individual stat seekers. However criteria #3 seems to be an afterthought in the selection as only a few candidates displayed high scholastic achievement such as Polacek(multiple deans lists), Camper(3.62 GPA and Lowe's senior class award nominee) and Zanette(graduated early cum laude and working on his MBA) with Zanette also being a finalist for the Humanitarian award. Most people look for a high profile player on a Frozen 4 team but I think they really should have looked at Zanette more closely as he displayed a lot more than his second in the nation PPG and 29 goals. It would have been nice to have a Hobey Humanitarian win it.

Isn't Frattin majoring in Tourism? lol. I mean you can't blame a future NHL player for that, but one of the criterion for the award is scholastic achievement. :) :) :)

MinnesotaNorthStar
03-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Isn't Frattin majoring in Tourism? lol. I mean you can't blame a future NHL player for that, but one of the criterion for the award is scholastic achievement. :) :) :)
Frattin was named to the WCHA All-Academic team...try again.

Runninwiththedogs
03-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Frattin was named to the WCHA All-Academic team...try again.

He gave good directions and made a nice restaurant recommendation! A+!

Atkinson should be DQd because the dumb ****er tweeted he made the hat trick yesterday evening.

Dirty
03-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Miele is majoring in America and Atkinson in how to talk. Neither of those sound like the difficult major of tourism AND leisure. Despite this, Atkinson never quite learned how to talk though and thus had to leave school as his major proved beyond his abilities.

He gave good directions and made a nice restaurant recommendation! A+!

Atkinson should be DQd because the dumb ****er tweeted he made the hat trick yesterday evening.

Please. The only reason you even feel that way is your misguided notion that Mr. Beard should be one of the selections.

SCSU Euro
03-30-2011, 04:58 PM
If its based solely on this season, Frattin is a slam dunk choice.

MinnesotaNorthStar
03-30-2011, 05:02 PM
He gave good directions and made a nice restaurant recommendation! A+!Hey the directions were good enough that even a woman could find the place easily. :D

Runninwiththedogs
03-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Hey the directions were good enough that even a woman could find the place easily. :D

Not MEg or Biddy though. That's like, Master's level. Possibly PhD.

Dirty
03-30-2011, 05:10 PM

Haha! Biddy is a woman!

state of hockey
03-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Frattin will win, and it will be just as much of a joke as Ehn being snubbed.

UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
03-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Hey the directions were good enough that even a woman could find the place easily. :D

You've never met my wife.

cross cheque
03-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Miele in a landslide. Frattin shouldn't win this for obvious reasons.

Because the other two couldn't lead their team to the F4?

Biddco
03-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Don't lump me in with her. :mad::mad::mad::mad: I am a human GPS.

Haha! Biddy is a woman!

http://www.conversantlife.com/files/imagecache/blog_wizard/files/blog_wizard/dwight_schrute-767272.jpg

False.