Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobey Hat Trick

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Not every fanbase has someone who is complete awesomeness though. RPI and Michigan for example.
    Hey, you can't say that - we have Ralph Baer!

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
      I am no way saying what he did was ok, thankfully nobody got killed from it and he got a wake up call and learned his lesson. Has he done it since then? No, so he realized that he almost threw away everything he worked his entire young life for by doing something so stupid as driving drunk. So in my mind he has paid his price.
      Obviously what Frattin did was terrible, immature and selfish. However, he has learned from it. When he was kicked off the team, he was offered chances to turn pro and go that route. Instead, he shoveled concrete 12 hours/day, earned back the respect of the coaching staff and a spot on the team (no scholarship) for the last half of last season. This season he has shown tremendous character and leadership, along with being a great player and honor student. Will he win the Hobey? Who knows, but if he does, he will have earned it. The Hobey Baker is an award that is given out for a particular season. Frattin's (and Atkinson and every other player that was up for the award) issues were in past seasons. Clearly, the committee that votes for Hobey felt that Frattin had outstanding character.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

So no RPI players are in the final 3 for this award correct? Ok good Im getting out of this wee wee contest before it gets any worse. Best of luck to all teams left playing.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
          I agree with not questioning that pathologic fan-base, but the point was NoDak has a huge drop-off in scoring from their top scorer (#2 in the nation) to their 2nd leading scorer (tied for 27th in the nation).
          Yes. Having only 5 of the top 50 scorers in the NATION, shows that North Dakota doesn't have depth.

Please, name one other school that has 5 playeers in the top 50 in scoring in the nation...
          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Yes. Having only 5 of the top 50 scorers in the NATION, shows that North Dakota doesn't have depth.

Please, name one other school that has 5 playeers in the top 50 in scoring in the nation...
            Michigan!
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Michigan!

Michigan has a grand total of 1.
              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by HighlanderRPI View Post
                Did you vote for OJ as Time's "Man of the Year" in 2005 too since whole murder thing was sooo last year?
                Yes, I did.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Michigan has a grand total of 1.
                  No WAY!!!
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Miele can have the Hobey and become a footnote on the balls of history, and Frattin will play for a National Championship and then continue his hockey career in the NHL.

Sounds like an OK trade-off.

Originally posted by SteveF View Post

*****http://www.mcgwire.com/picturearchive/simpsons/simp5.jpg******
                    Thanks, that is really informative in this discussion.

For all the people obsessed with Matt Frattin, here is a nice article for you to read.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=547733

Comment

• Re: Hobey Hat Trick

Clearly, the committee that votes for Hobey felt that Frattin had outstanding character.
                      Or they are hitting the same sauce Frattin was

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        Yes, I did.
                        You should run for Congress - with a moral compass like that you'll be a shoe-in

Comment

• Originally posted by HighlanderRPI View Post
                          You should run for Congress - with a moral compass like that you'll be a shoe-in
                          Nah, I hate politics...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                            Miele can have the Hobey and become a footnote on the balls of history
                            I have no idea what this means.

and Frattin will play for a National Championship and then continue his hockey career in the NHL.

Sounds like an OK trade-off.
                            That's all well and good, but it's irrelevant when you consider what this thread is about.

For all the people obsessed with Matt Frattin, here is a nice article for you to read.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=547733
                            If people saying he shouldn't win makes them obsessed, you're just as obsessed for posting this.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Bingo. Miele should win this--no contest. Unfortunately if that happens, the whining from Sioux fans would be unbearable.
                              I could bear it. I bore it when Panzer didn't win. I can take it.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                I could bear it. I bore it when Panzer didn't win. I can take it.
                                No big deal. Panzer won the national title...err, wait, nope...not that either.

Comment

Working...
                                X