Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU Wildcat 2011 Offseason

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    And heck, for NMU to now get into the WCHA, they're going to need somebody else to come along with them. Other than the Irish, there's not really any good program out there that the WCHA would really want.
    That's true, I didn't even think about that.
    For some reason, I keep thinking Miami to come with, but that makes zero sense. But, with the B1G schools gone, and if Notre Dame heads to greener pastures (that aren't the WCHA), will Miami want to make a move elsewhere?
    The main point, though: I can't see the WCHA sitting at 11. Either NMU finds a friend to come with them, or we stay in the CCHA.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
      For some reason, I keep thinking Miami to come with, but that makes zero sense. But, with the B1G schools gone, and if Notre Dame heads to greener pastures (that aren't the WCHA), will Miami want to make a move elsewhere?
      The main point, though: I can't see the WCHA sitting at 11. Either NMU finds a friend to come with them, or we stay in the CCHA.
      The NMU Wildcats can either play in a weak CCHA or go to a strong WCHA for the 2012-2013 season. NMU has a good program and belong in the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
        I was told that the MAC schools will stick together. Which, for better or worse, means that if anyone wants Miami, they get Bowling Green and Western Michigan too. Which isn't a bad deal considering the former big names that BG and WMU were in the college hockey world. Sure Miami could abandon them, but they're all too like minded to give up on each other.
        You don't hear that from the GLIAC schools.

I haven't heard any rumblings from the WCHA side.

This is pretty much Fred Pletsch's year to make or break this league.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

This is pretty much Fred Pletsch's year to make or break this league.
          I heard UAH is looking for a league to play in. UAH could make the CCHA into a league.

Comment

Taking a quick break from discussion of Notre Dame to Hockey East... the ice is back in at the Berry!!!!
            http://www.acs.nmu.edu/campics/berry.jpg

They're working currently (as of this post) on striping the red and blue lines.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Taking a quick break from discussion of Notre Dame to Hockey East... the ice is back in at the Berry!!!!
              http://www.acs.nmu.edu/campics/berry.jpg

They're working currently (as of this post) on striping the red and blue lines.
              Who is skating on it now?

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                I was told that the MAC schools will stick together. Which, for better or worse, means that if anyone wants Miami, they get Bowling Green and Western Michigan too. Which isn't a bad deal considering the former big names that BG and WMU were in the college hockey world. Sure Miami could abandon them, but they're all too like minded to give up on each other.
                You don't hear that from the GLIAC schools.
                You didn't really see the other GLIAC's sticking their necks out for Wayne State, and that was even after Findlay dropped the sport.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

You didn't really see the other GLIAC's sticking their necks out for Wayne State, and that was even after Findlay dropped the sport.
                  And you may see another Findlay and WSU after the Big 10 forms.

Comment

No. And it was sad to see Wayne State dropped without even a whimper. Anastos flat out denied it into the CCHA, and they gave up and folded.

Oh, and from the looks of it, the in-ice sponsors this year are: Hudsons Grill, Rio-Tinto Mines, FOX UP & WLUCTV6, and I think UPPCO (but I'm not sure). Gone are Ramada/Holiday Inn.

Here's hoping this year they put the Wildcat logo on straight and not crooked like the last two years.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                      Great writing by the Bangor newspaper out here in Maine. I really like hearing about VS. for college hockey. I think it would be a good fit and hopefully could feature a Friday or Saturday night game of the week since their NHL coverage in limited to Monday and Tuesday nights. They cover college football, basketball and rugby already.

Back to NMU's stance, and I believe this is where NMU has to be proactive and do what is best for the program and not the CCHA as a whole. The only realistic move for NMU is to the WCHA. The CCHA needs to be talking to Mercyhurst, Niagaria and Robert Morris right now as teams to step in and some larger colleges that may be looking to add college hockey (Im looking at you Syracuse).
                      People need to wake up and smell the coffee. Be proactive.

Comment

Personally, I'd like to see St. Louis University reinstate it's hockey program. They were a founding member of the CCHA, have the proper facilities in Chavitz Arena (which is hosting Toy Story on Ice this summer), and I live in St. Louis now.
                        Thinking that NMU is way better then your school with no evidence or proof since 2001.

Comment

• Originally posted by tmoney@nmu View Post
                          Personally, I'd like to see St. Louis University reinstate it's hockey program. They were a founding member of the CCHA, have the proper facilities in Chavitz Arena (which is hosting Toy Story on Ice this summer), and I live in St. Louis now.
                          Don't believe it has built-in ice making capabilities, they will likely have tractor trailer cooling units.
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by tmoney@nmu View Post
                            Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                            Don't believe it has built-in ice making capabilities, they will likely have tractor trailer cooling units.
                            Then let the University rent a couple cooling rigs for the winter.

It would be nice to see it expand back to St. Louis; there does seem to be a push for it with the NCAA finals a few years back, and regional this past year. It's a shame though that the Icebreaker tourney scheduled for this fall was moved to Grand Forks to "accommodate" the Blues.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                              Don't be a buzzkill Captain Buzzkill. I can't find anything on it's "built-in ince making capabilites." Now, I can't find any information about the building's capabilities in that regard. But, I would find it odd that it was built and managed by a company, Global Spectrum, that seems to heavily focus on ice-based events.

"Chaifetz Arena is privately managed by Global Spectrum. Global Spectrum (global-spectrum.com) is the fastest growing firm in the public assembly facility management field with more than 70 facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The Philadelphia-based company is part of one of the world’s largest sports and entertainment companies, Comcast-Spectacor, which also owns the Philadelphia Flyers of the National Hockey League, the Philadelphia 76ers of the National Basketball Association, the Philadelphia Phantoms of the American Hockey League, Flyers Skate Zone, a series of community ice skating rinks, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, a regional sports programming network, Ovations Food Services, a food and beverage services provider, New Era Tickets, a full-service ticketing and marketing product for public assembly facilities, and Front Row Marketing Services, a commercial rights sales company and 3601 Creative Group, a full-service in-house advertising agency. In a partnership with Disson Skating, Comcast-Spectacor annually produces 10 nationally televised figure skating spectaculars on NBC."
                              Thinking that NMU is way better then your school with no evidence or proof since 2001.

Comment

Kind of ****ed off that the CCHA rallied to keep NMU in the league just over a year ago and then the commisioner and Big Ten schools bolt shortly afterwards. I'll bet Coach Kyle and Les Wong are kicking themselves for not making the move (WCHA) when they had the chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X