X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU Wildcat 2011 Offseason

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    Congrats and welcome back, NMU!
    Woooo! Finally the move we should have made two years ago. Does this mean the Ramada Cup is back?
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
      Woooo! Finally the move we should have made two years ago.
      I understand why we didn't... but a little part of me wonders what would have been had we made the jump. Most likely still in the same position though.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CDQQ9QEwAA

I love Kitties! Welcome Wildcats.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          I understand why we didn't... but a little part of me wonders what would have been had we made the jump. Most likely still in the same position though.
          Very likely the same position, there just would have been one less agenda item today. And no 8405, there was no way we should have made that move two years ago. The financials just didn't work, especially with all the uncertainty looming ahead.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            Very likely the same position, there just would have been one less agenda item today. And no 8405, there was no way we should have made that move two years ago. The financials just didn't work, especially with all the uncertainty looming ahead.
            Oh I agree. With Denver and CC, UND in the league...the travel wouldnt have been ideal.
            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
            2006-2007: 15-24-2
            2007-2008: 20-20-4
            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
              How about a Marquette Road Trip in 2011? The Huskies travel to NMU this October!
              don't forget your condoms!!
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Looking forward to our return to the WCHA but fear a very unbalanced schedule is looming. After conference games (with only 6 teams) who will NMU convince to travel to Marquette rather than us hitting the road? I have faith in Walt, his coaching and ability to line up opponents but we are talking a heck of alot of non-conference games heading our way. We will never see the likes of Notre Dame, UofM, tOSU and MSU at home again. You only need to look at the major WCHA teams who never returned to Marquette after leaving for the CCHA in 1997.

I do believe NMU will be a power in the revamped WCHA and I'm excited about trips West rather than to SE Michigan. Detroit will never be the same without us!!! LOL

Comment

Middle of the pack in your first year back.......

Comment

There will be some good teams heading to the U.P.
                    It will allow a similar non-con arrangement as in the past.
                    NMU on a Friday, Tech on a Saturday and vice versa.....

Comment

Anyone else hear the WCHA meeting tomorrow has been put on hold?

I suddenly fear the NCHC and B1G schools are going to throw a block on this move...

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

I suddenly fear the NCHC and B1G schools are going to throw a block on this move...
                        Don't listen to stupid people on the internet. I spoke with BSU AD Rick Goeb within the last half hour and he is planning on attending a meeting tomorrow to discuss WCHA expansion. I plan to talk to him again as soon as the meeting is over.
                        Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                        B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                        CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                        ECAC:
                        HEA: UMass
                        NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                        Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

How could they block a move for a conference they are no longer a part of?
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

If LSSU and NMU are separated from leagues, I wonder if the Cappo Cup would still go on? Would NMU be willing to play the Lakers in a weekend series, perhaps home and home?
                            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

They're still a member now, and need to vote (yay, nay, or abstain) for decisions regarding the conference.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                                If LSSU and NMU are separated from leagues, I wonder if the Cappo Cup would still go on? Would NMU be willing to play the Lakers in a weekend series, perhaps home and home?
                                Personally I would love to keep this rivalry going.... The only thing that worries me is that is could grow stale, just like the NMU/Tech rivalry did the past few years.... NMU was not going to play Tech in 2012-13 remember...
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X