How Do I Join the Priority List?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Join the Priority List?

How do I start buying NCAA Frozen Four tickets to gain priority points? I am new to hockey, but I have a feeling it will be a lifetime hobby.
    Do I need to have current season tickets at an arena (I am currently a season ticket holder at the Ralph Englestad Arena for the Fighting Sioux), or is anyone able to start purchasing Frozen Four tickets?

I am just trying to plan for next year, in case I am not lucky enough to stubble upon some great seats on the USCHO website again!

Miche

SIOUX YA YA

Re: How Do I Join the Priority List?

I'm not sure about the answer to your question but I just had to respond:

YA SIOUX SIOUX

Comment

Originally posted by baril4244 View Post
      How do I start buying NCAA Frozen Four tickets to gain priority points? I am new to hockey, but I have a feeling it will be a lifetime hobby.
      Do I need to have current season tickets at an arena (I am currently a season ticket holder at the Ralph Englestad Arena for the Fighting Sioux), or is anyone able to start purchasing Frozen Four tickets?

I am just trying to plan for next year, in case I am not lucky enough to stubble upon some great seats on the USCHO website again!

Miche

SIOUX YA YA
      Miche,

The NC$$ conducts a lottery shortly after the FF for the upcoming FF. You have to fill out a ticket application, pay in advance and wait to see if you are drawn in the lottery. Some people are lucky and get drawn with the first application and others have to apply for years before they get lucky. Once you get drawn for tickets you get a priority number. You'll use this number every year as you buy your tickets year after year and your priority number goes up with every purchase.

Hope that is what you are looking for...good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by RJF View Post
        Miche,

The NC$$ conducts a lottery shortly after the FF for the upcoming FF. You have to fill out a ticket application, pay in advance and wait to see if you are drawn in the lottery. Some people are lucky and get drawn with the first application and others have to apply for years before they get lucky. Once you get drawn for tickets you get a priority number. You'll use this number every year as you buy your tickets year after year and your priority number goes up with every purchase.

Hope that is what you are looking for...good luck!
        Do you know where I would find such application? Also, how long before I would find out if I was chosen or not? Right away or just weeks before the final four in Tampa? The reason I ask is that I want to know what happens with the money if I have to wait a full year to find out (and what happens to your money if you are not chosen)?

Thanks so much for your quick response!

Miche

Comment

Originally posted by baril4244 View Post
          Do you know where I would find such application? Also, how long before I would find out if I was chosen or not? Right away or just weeks before the final four in Tampa? The reason I ask is that I want to know what happens with the money if I have to wait a full year to find out (and what happens to your money if you are not chosen)?

Thanks so much for your quick response!

Miche
          Hey Miche,

The application is posted as a link from the NC$$ website. Typically in April/May running thorough the end of June. You pay upfront and you get notified around August/September. The NC$$ keeps your money for quite awhile even if you are not selected. You'll eventually get it back but its not a speedy process. On a postive note the Tampa FF is not expected to be a huge ticket draw so this could be a great time to get your foot in the door.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by RJF View Post
            Hey Miche,

The application is posted as a link from the NC$$ website. Typically in April/May running thorough the end of June. You pay upfront and you get notified around August/September. The NC$$ keeps your money for quite awhile even if you are not selected. You'll eventually get it back but its not a speedy process. On a postive note the Tampa FF is not expected to be a huge ticket draw so this could be a great time to get your foot in the door.

Good luck!
            Thanks for the information, RJF!

Comment

I just joined the priority list. I thought of a few worse places I could be in April than Tampa, Florida. Plus Pittsburgh and Philly are a cheap Southwest flight away! I will keep my fingers crossed until we hear!

Thanks for all of the information everyone. Gotta love these boards.
              Bobby Butler for Hobey 2010
              Paul Thompson for Hobey 2011
              Stevie Moses for Hobey 2012

Comment

Good luck to all! I hope you are drawn in the lottery your 1st time out!!!

Comment

Working...
                X