X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey 2011 Off Season Thread-"Union, We've Paid Our Dues"

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Not picking on Ralph...

But other clowns from RPI, who like to rag Union for lack of NCAA playoff success need to look in their own barn.
    Trivia question, when was the last time RPI scored a goal in the NCAA tournament?? A little hint, they have not scored a goal in ncaa playoffs in over 25 years, being shut out last 3 games, combined score of 11-0

RPI
    2011 lose first game 6-0, 1 and out
    2010 didnt make
    2009 didnt make
    2008 didnt make
    2007 didnt make
    2006 didnt make
    2005 didnt make
    2004 didnt make
    2003 didnt make
    2002 didnt make

last 10 years, 0-1, losing 6 to 0...

2001 didnt make
    2000 didnt make
    1999 didnt make

last 25+ years, 0 wins, 0 goals.

How can you make this argument, when technically, you can say the same thing for Union?
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
      How can you make this argument, when technically, you can say the same thing for Union?
      Very simple.

Union won the ECAC regular season championship last year which is a huge accomplishment for the program and the school. Over the last 15 years they have been to the exact same number of ECAC tournament championship games as RPI, both losing. Union is clearly on the rise and like all programs, is taking baby steps.

I said it simply because we have guys like Flagdude participating in live blogs during the games and crapping on Union and their season. Then running over here and pretending to be their friend.

How can anyone who has had zero NCAA success and or wins in over 25 years, never scoring a single goal in that period and also have very little if any ECAC tournament success and than rip Union? Doesn't that seem very hypocritical to you? It does to me. Now we have a campaign going on to try and manipulate who plays D for them next year. Will only be happy if someone elses kid sits. Still find it mind boggling that we had 8 or 9 points in first 15+/- games, with coments like, "more to be added" etc. after it was brought out, only a couple over next 50+ games.

Let the coaches pick who dresses. I am sure the other parents love reading the comments about how everyone will be scared and other total bs stuff. The manipulation never stops. Do you think the parents of the other D want to read that stuff daily?

Comment

Very simple.

Union won the ECAC regular season championship last year which is a huge accomplishment for the program and the school. Over the last 15 years they ahve been to the exact same number of ECAC tournament championship games as RPI, both losing. Union is clearly on the rise and like all programs, is taking baby steps.

I said it simply because we have guys like Flagdude participating in live blogs during the games and crapping on Union and their season. Then running over here and pretending to be their friend.

How can anyone who has had zero NCAA success and or wins in over 25 years, never scoring a single goal in that period and also have very little if any ECAC tournament success and than rip Union? Doesn't that seem very hypocritical to you? It does to me. Now we have a campaign goong on to try and manipulate who plays D for them next year. Will only be happy if someone elses kid sits. Still find it mind boggling that we had 8 or 9 points in first 15+/- games, with coments like, "more to be added" etc. after it was brought out, only a couple over next 50+ games.

Let the coaches pick who dresses. I am sure the other parents love reading the comments about how everyone will be scared and other total bs stuff. The manipulation never stops. Do you think the parents of the other D want to read that stuff daily?
        Many words, all without really answering the question. No one but you is talking about RPI, but then again, Union has also had "zero NCAA success and or wins in over 25 years, never scoring a single goal in that period."

Banners. We have them. I don't care how long ago they were. Even without them, a person can still bring up other team's struggles without being hypocritical - they don't have to then point out their own struggles.

You, on the other hand, cannot open your mouth without being a massive hypocrite.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          You're the only one talking about RPI. Why is this? Obsessed much?
          Nope, it is very weird that RPI fans have to go to a Union thread and patronize the program, especially based upon their past 25 years and lack of success.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Many words, all without really answering the question. No one but you is talking about RPI, but then again, Union has also had "zero NCAA success and or wins in over 25 years, never scoring a single goal in that period."

Banners. We have them. I don't care how long ago they were. Even without them, a person can still bring up other team's struggles without being hypocritical - they don't have to then point out their own struggles.

You, on the other hand, cannot open your mouth without being a massive hypocrite.

Yup, you and the Cubs sure do have banners....

Comment

Nope, it is very weird that RPI fans have to go to a Union thread and patronize the program, especially based upon their past 25 years and lack of success.
              You're the only one doing that. Why are you pitching such a temper tantrum? Because Ralph posted a freaking link to a site that said Union's going to have a good season?

Why don't you take a long walk off a short pier?

Yup, you and the Cubs sure do have banners....
              Exaggerate much? Way to ignore the crux of my argument, but that's the only way you're ever able to make responses.

Comment

I'm out of here. I apologize to Union fans for the interruption but I hate letting this jerkoff spout garbage with impunity.

Comment

I thought you would be vacationing with your friend Pres Obama after your summit meeting with Putin. You are the person that comes on threads and spews stuff and then says I know this person and that person to validate your crap. You have continually trashed our program so no one needs a lecture from you about thread ettiquette. Say hello to your friend Don Cherry for me.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                    I thought you would be vacationing with your friend Pres Obama after your summit meeting with Putin. You are the person that comes on threads and spews stuff and then says I know this person and that person to validate your crap. You have continually trashed our program so no one needs a lecture from you about thread ettiquette. Say hello to your friend Don Cherry for me.
                    Program? Never trashed your program. Pointed out blatant manipulation... Needs to stop and let coaches run team

Comment

they have not scored a goal in ncaa playoffs in over 25 years, being shut out last 3 games, combined score of 11-0

RPI
                      2011 lose first game 6-0, 1 and out
                      2010 didnt make
                      2009 didnt make
                      2008 didnt make
                      2007 didnt make
                      2006 didnt make
                      2005 didnt make
                      2004 didnt make
                      2003 didnt make
                      2002 didnt make

last 10 years, 0-1, losing 6 to 0...

2001 didnt make
                      2000 didnt make
                      1999 didnt make

last 25+ years, 0 wins, 0 goals.
                      HD, this isn't trashing RPI...right????
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

especially based upon their past 25 years and lack of success.
                        and this isn't trashing our program...right????
                        Last edited by AspyDad; 08-19-2011, 09:43 AM.

Comment

one program heading up, one stuck in the 80's for 25 years.
                          and this isn't trashing our program... right?

Comment

nope, simply pointing out what hypocrites flagdude and others are who have said probably 10 times since April how poor Union is in playoffs and how they wont wina game for the forseeable future. All the while RPI has been brutal times ten over last 25 years. If it was from a program with success, fine but RPI... please

Laughable to watch him on liove blog last year craping on and than in next breath, ran over and pretended he was Unions pal on here.

Comment

nope, simply pointing out what hypocrites flagdude and others are who have said probably 10 times since April how poor Union is in playoffs and how they wont wina game for the forseeable future. All the while RPI has been brutal times ten over last 25 years. If it was from a program with success, fine but RPI... please

Laughable to watch him on liove blog last year craping on and than in next breath, ran over and pretended he was Unions pal on here.
                              And you didn't trash one of our incoming freshman who BTW has a Clark Cup Championship on his resume. I believe that you were banned for that by the mothership for that display of sportmanship.
                              Last edited by AspyDad; 08-19-2011, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I've always wanted someone obsessed with me...

In Union news, the Daily Gazette writer has been putting up some videos (at least on his facebook) of a camp that the college has put on and his son has been attending. Good to see they're getting local young'ins interested in the sport.

Comment

Working...
                                X