Union Hockey 2011 Off Season Thread-"Union, We've Paid Our Dues"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey 2011 Off Season Thread-"Union, We've Paid Our Dues"

Are they still doing the 2 dollars off tickets with your Price Chopper Advantage card? That would make a $9 dollar ticket $7 dollars, or $1.50 less per game the the $119 season ticket package. Granted, it isn't much of a difference, but it seems like a slight to season ticket holders.

Also, just 14 home games is a real bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
      Received season ticket brochure / application today.
      Same here. It just doesn't seem like it's hockey season...wasn't Bridgeport just last week?
      Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
        Same here. It just doesn't seem like it's hockey season...wasn't Bridgeport just last week?
        My wife loves the change of seasons...from golf widow to hockey widow.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
          Just 14 out of 34 games at home is pretty lousy for the locals ... hopefully they make up for it next year.
          You have to think that coach Bennett is going with the same theory as Nate a tough out of town schedule will prepare you for the playoffs and NCAA tourny and make them mentally touch at all times, if I get to see 14 home games and another NCAA tourny and ECAC tourny I will be a happy fan.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHCKYfan2323 View Post
            You have to think that coach Bennett is going with the same theory as Nate a tough out of town schedule will prepare you for the playoffs and NCAA tourny and make them mentally touch at all times, if I get to see 14 home games and another NCAA tourny and ECAC tourny I will be a happy fan.
            A home game with UConn was dropped for the away game at Merrimack. I think your theory is quite plausible.

Comment

RPI Blog Without a Peer post about Union http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/08/...emy-union.html.

I have no connection with WaP besides for being a reader.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not picking on Ralph...

But other clowns from RPI, who like to rag Union for lack of NCAA playoff success need to look in their own barn.
                Trivia question, when was the last time RPI scored a goal in the NCAA tournament?? A little hint, they have not scored a goal in ncaa playoffs in over 25 years, being shut out last 3 games, combined score of 11-0

RPI
                2011 lose first game 6-0, 1 and out
                2010 didnt make
                2009 didnt make
                2008 didnt make
                2007 didnt make
                2006 didnt make
                2005 didnt make
                2004 didnt make
                2003 didnt make
                2002 didnt make

last 10 years, 0-1, losing 6 to 0...

2001 didnt make
                2000 didnt make
                1999 didnt make

last 25+ years, 0 wins, 0 goals.
                Last edited by Hokydad; 08-17-2011, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  Not picking on Ralph...

But other clowns from RPI, who like to rag Union for lack of NCAA playoff success need to look in their own barn.
                  The "ragging" comes on their lack of ECAC playoff success. Before last season, relative success or failure in the NCAAs was like trying to divide by zero.

Epic fail. But then again, you're used to that. Go breathe underwater.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

For all Nate Leaman did for Union hockey and it was immense, one thing that his teams could not reverse was lack of postseason success. Three first round ECAC byes led to only one "final four" appearance and Union has still had only one playoff series win. I actually thought the WaP article on Union was pretty much on the mark. The bar has been set pretty high for Rick Bennett and that's the way he probably wants it. Playoff success if it comes, will be a big notch in his belt

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                      For all Nate Leaman did for Union hockey and it was immense, one thing that his teams could not reverse was lack of postseason success. Three first round ECAC byes led to only one "final four" appearance and Union has still had only one playoff series win. I actually thought the WaP article on Union was pretty much on the mark. The bar has been set pretty high for Rick Bennett and that's the way he probably wants it. Playoff success if it comes, will be a big notch in his belt
                      Completely agree. I am on record as saying Union was the best ECAC team I saw play all last season...I saw them play several times, including the entire Colgate series in the ECACs. I thought they were one sniper away from beating UMD in the NCAAs.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        The "ragging" comes on their lack of ECAC playoff success. Before last season, relative success or failure in the NCAAs was like trying to divide by zero.

Epic fail. But then again, you're used to that. Go breathe underwater.
                        Good point..

Looked at last 15 years, zero championships for RPI. Have played in one finals and that was 12 years ago and as usual, was shut out. Sounds like another trivia question.....

2nd in the history of the ECAC in losses behind only Clarkson, and Clarkson has played 40 more games....

Great ECAC playoff success there.
                        LOS S E S
                        Rk. Team No.
                        1. Clarkson 63
                        2. Rensselaer 56
                        3. Colgate 54
                        4. Brown 51
                        5. St. Lawrence 49
                        6. Harvard 46
                        7. Yale 43
                        8. Cornell 41
                        9. Princeton 38
                        10. Vermont 34
                        Last edited by Hokydad; 08-18-2011, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Good point..

Looked at last 15 years, zero championships for RPI. Have played in one finals and that was 12 years ago and as usual, was shut out. Sounds like another trivia question
                          Why limit yourself to 15 years? Oh... right.

You're a terrible troll. Leave these people alone.

Comment

true, 1 in the last 25...

a dynasty you have going there. one program heading up, one stuck in the 80's for 25 years.

Comment

I sort of see Union rising into UVM's historical niche within the ECAC: capable of recruiting some good players but a little too inconsistent, and so only 1 regular season title to show for it. Just don't follow their lead on the hazing, m'kay?
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

true, 1 in the last 25...

a dynasty you have going there. one program heading up, one stuck in the 80's for 25 years.
                                You're the only one talking about RPI. Why is this? Obsessed much?

Comment

Working...
                                X