Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey 2011 Off Season Thread-"Union, We've Paid Our Dues"

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Why bring Luke into this. I hope you know these people you say you do but I have found that people that name drop to validate their opinions are not always dealing in reality. I wonder what Bobby Orr or Oatsie would say about your constant trashing of Luke. I also take offense that you would accuse Mr. Baer of puffing stats up. I don't know the man but he is the dean of all USCHO posters.

Not trashing anyone. When I went on the RPI website and and pointed out that it is absurd to have people on here every day saying that "points will be added" and that"more points to be added soon" was wrong and a discredit to the rest of the kids on Dubuque, you and a few of your pals went crazy over it. Amazing how he had 9 points in 11 games to start and 2 or 3 over the next 45+. It was wrong and absurd. You and a few also said 500 times last year that he would probably(more than that) get drafted on and on. Same here. You come on the Union site and say that a player who was a freshman, who made all ECAC rookie team, broke the schools record for scoring as a dman and also was all CHN team is a "nice player" but "not in Pattys quality". What does he need to do to be in "Pattys" league, cure cancer?

I get along fine with Ralph and am in no way accusing him of puffing stats. I can assure you he found it just as disngenuous as I did. Stats were being puffed and amazingly stopped after I brought it up. I didnt say I knew any of these guys, only mentioned I have known Oates after one of you said he was not a good lacrosse player, which he was.

Being ranked 75th in central scouting has nothing what so ever to do with being a good college player, nothing.

LC will do fine at RPI and from all accounts has had a solid year. You guys are so blinded you lose track of reality. Last week someone tried to say that Bradley wasnt coming along as expected when in reality, on a garbage team, he had the best stats and plus minus of any RPI d coming in from USHL. If you go over from January 1st on, it is night and day.

Now you are on here telling us that Union's freshman D, who knocked the cover off the ball "is a nice player but not in Patty's league"

What a joke. You are right, he isnt. And I am sure Unions coaching staff and fans are happy for it

Comment

You have issues. Not trashing anyone. You are so arrogant and patronizing you cant even see it.

To stand here and tell the Union fans that "Bodie is not going to make the show" but "Patty has a shot sums it up. You know who is and who isnt going to make it to the next level at 20 years of age? Your arrogance and ignorance is astounding

One player was a plus 30, the other was a minus 1. Stats have a funny way of working out. One had 32 points, one had 3. lets see who has a better carear in ECAC and leave it at that. My money is on Brodie.

You are a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        ]

You wont see his name because he is not eligible. Do you get the concept

PRINCETON, NJ - Sophomore goaltender Keith Kinkaid and freshman defenseman Mat Bodie both earned spots on 2010-11 All-CHN (College Hockey News) teams. Kinkaid earned All-CHN Second Team honors, while Bodie earned a spot on the All-Rookie team.

Kinkaid, an All-American candidate, finished the year with a record of 25-10-3, compiling a save percentage of .920 and a school-record goals-against average of 1.99. Kinkaid earned the Ken Dryden Award as ECAC Hockey's Goaltender of the Year, becoming the first Union goaltender to win the award since Trevor Koenig in 1997.

Bodie, who was also named to the ECAC Hockey All-Rookie team, finished the season with 32 points (six goals, 26 assists), breaking the school single season record for points by a defenseman set by Mike Schreiber in 2010. Bodie finished the season second in scoring among ECAC Hockey defensemen.

Here is the remainder of the 2010-11 All-CHN teams:
        Thanks for the correction. Bodie is too old. Oh wait was he on the list when he was eligible...no. Are there any on the list from Union. To compare him to Pat is asine. Pat was 17 yrs old in his first game. Stop the backtracking about not trashing players. It's what you do.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

You have issues. Not trashing anyone. You are so arrogant and patronizing you cant even see it.

To stand here and tell the Union fans that "Bodie is not going to make the show" but "Patty has a shot sums it up. You know who is and who isnt going to make it to the next level at 20 years of age? Your arrogance and ignorance is astounding

One player was a plus 30, the other was a minus 1. Stats have a funny way of working out. One had 32 points, one had 3. lets see who has a better carear in ECAC and leave it at that. My money is on Brodie.

You are a joke
          Does that give you a thrill to call people "a joke"?
          Last edited by AspyDad; 04-29-2011, 07:29 PM.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

"Arrogant". I know Bobby Orr, I'm right. I know Adam Oates so I know more than you. I know blah blah blah. Stop using people's good name to try and validate your opinions.
            Last edited by AspyDad; 04-29-2011, 07:22 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=AspyDad;5131630]Thanks for the correction. Bodie is too old. Oh wait was he on the list when he was eligible...no. Are there any on the list from Union. To compare him to Pat is asine.

You are correct, only one person out there who trashes players, you just focus on dissing entire teams.

Comment

So, Union has a new goalie as a commit, Pieri. A bit of a high GAA, but something I'm sure could be improved, although I don't know if he was left out to dry most nights. Any pre-emptive thoughts as to who may get the start come season start?

Comment

You are correct, only one person out there who trashes players
                  Thank you for finally admitting it. That's the first step in recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    So, Union has a new goalie as a commit, Pieri. A bit of a high GAA, but something I'm sure could be improved, although I don't know if he was left out to dry most nights. Any pre-emptive thoughts as to who may get the start come season start?
                    I assume Groesnick as the only returning goaltender will be the presumptive number one, but essentially it will probably be a battle with Laplante. Of course we could be looking at a platoon system as well until or unless a clear favorite emerges. Pierri will be no. 3 at least at the outset. Clearly, this position will be the BIG question mark on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                      The battle of the Dads should liven things up around here.
                      I hope I didn't disappoint you Off to watch the Phillies with my dear friend Ken Schott

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        I hope I didn't disappoint you Off to watch the Phillies with my dear friend Ken Schott
                        Well done. Livened things up. Say hi to Ken.

Comment

We must forgive hokydud...he is most likely tired after attending the Royal Wedding in England with his good freind the Queen.When he returns from London he most likely will jet off to NYC in his private jet to do lunch with his long time freind Gary Bettman and members of the central scouting bureau and get back to us when he has his facts straight...Have a safe trip Hokydud !!!!!!!!!
                          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There's probably more than a little truth in that. However, Union has never been as committed to hockey as RPI. As an example, RPI has a coach who in all candor hasn't yet matched what Nate Leaman accomplished in his tenure, with far more resources at his disposal, but the powers that be know that they have a good one who they wanted to hang on to and preemptively extended SA's contract for multiple years. Yes, those contracts can be worked around if a coach wants to leave, as we just saw with Nate, but I have to believe that a similar gesture and commitment by Union's AD would have left Nate Leaman as Union's coach for next season and many more to come and it WOULD NOT have cost a fortune. I think we'll be fine with Rick Bennett at least in the short run, but the glass ceiling may fast close in on him and Union hockey unless there is a marked turnaround with the powers that be.
                            Wholin1....not to fear Union will be just fine w/Bennett if the U faithful give him some slack...He will not Equal what this team did this year but neither would have Nate you guys had and outstanding year(league wise) and most likely that will not be duplicated this coming year even if Scotty Bowman was coach.Remember in Nates tenure his record was 138-127-35 so basically he won 138 games and lost or tied 162 games I will stand corrected but I believe it was a 8 year run so he averaged 17.2 wins a year and 20.2 losses or ties...Not taking anything away from Nate I'm not...What Im saying is give Bennett some slack you Guys are talking about him like he's the interim Coach....thats not fair....
                            Last edited by troyboy; 04-29-2011, 09:26 PM.
                            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I assume Groesnick as the only returning goaltender will be the presumptive number one, but essentially it will probably be a battle with Laplante. Of course we could be looking at a platoon system as well until or unless a clear favorite emerges. Pierri will be no. 3 at least at the outset. Clearly, this position will be the BIG question mark on this team.
                              How much action has Groesnick seen, even if it's a public team scrimmage in a practice?

Comment

LOL.. well things must be back to normal now that this thread has become it's typical RPI offshoot again .

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                How much action has Groesnick seen, even if it's a public team scrimmage in a practice?
                                Grosenick started one game and got some mop-up in a couple others, so not too much to go by, but IMO he looked pretty good and should be given every chance to be a starter next season.

However, I think LaPlante is the one that has the most potential to step up as the #1. He was voted top goalie in Alberta Jr. A, 1st team all-star, and had a save % of 92.5 on a team where he saw a lot of rubber. Alberta Jr. A has produced a number of very good college goalies, including RPI's recently departed netminder and this past season's starting tenders at both North Dakota & Denver. He's improved pretty steadily the past 2-3 seasons and appears to be the typical Union recruit late bloomer. Not saying that any of this guarantees anything with a goaltender, but I think there is a good chance he could be "the man" by the end of the season like Kinkaid was a freshman.

Pieri should be #3, as playing for Boston Advantage midgets is not as high level and his numbers don't blow the socks off. And when Stevens comes in '12 there could be decision on whether to keep 4 goalies.
                                Last edited by ADK11; 05-04-2011, 11:14 PM.
                                UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Working...
                                X