Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska Anchorage Off Season thread 2011 "already for next year)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Anchorage Off Season thread 2011 "already for next year)

Well, this is a few weeks late, but better late than never.

One Hell of a season that i didn't see coming, Goalies were great, D was super excellent in
    2nd half of the season, and if several of those 1 goal losses were wins we would have had home ice this season. Lots of positives this year.

Thoughts from the rest of seawolf nation?

GO Wolves
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Re: Alaska Anchorage Off Season thread 2011 "already for next year)

next years schedule came out today

Sept. 30 NAIT (exh.) @ Wasilla

KENDALL HOCKEY CLASSIC
    Oct. 7 St. Cloud State vs. UAF
    Clarkson vs. UAA
    Oct. 8 Clarkson vs. UAF
    St. Cloud State vs. UAA

Brice Alaska Goal Rush @ UAF
    Oct. 14 Nebraska Omaha vs UAA
    Mercyhurst vs. UAF
    Oct. 15 Mercyhurst vs. UAA
    Nebraska Omaha vs. UAF

Oct. 21-22 at Nebraska-Omaha*
    Oct. 28-29 MINNESOTA*
    Nov. 11-12 at Minnesota Duluth*
    Nov. 18-19 MICHIGAN TECH*
    Nov. 25-26 at Minnesota State*
    Dec. 2-3 NORTH DAKOTA*
    Dec. 9-10 at Colorado College*
    Jan. 13-14 at Michigan Tech*
    Jan. 20-21 at Wisconsin*
    Jan. 27-28 DENVER*
    Feb. 3-4 MINNESOTA DULUTH*
    Feb. 10-11 MINNESOTA STATE*
    Feb. 17-18 at St. Cloud State*

Alaska Airlines Governor’s Cup
    Feb. 24 ALASKA FAIRBANKS
    Feb. 25 at Alaska Fairbanks

March 2-3 BEMIDJI STATE*
    March 9-11 WCHA First Round Playoffs

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post

KENDALL HOCKEY CLASSIC
      Clarkson vs. UAA
      Oct. 8 Clarkson vs. UAF
      St. Cloud State vs. UAA

Mercyhurst vs. UAF
      Nebraska Omaha vs. UAF

Oct. 28-29 MINNESOTA*
      Dec. 2-3 NORTH DAKOTA*
      Jan. 20-21 at Wisconsin*
      Jan. 27-28 DENVER*

Feb. 24 ALASKA FAIRBANKS

March 2-3 BEMIDJI STATE*

Your OOC schedule kind of sucks.

Didn't you have two OOC WCHA games last season? UND and CC?

I guess your not playing anyone 5 times (oh wait make that 6 times) this coming season.
      Originally posted by vizoroo
      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
      Originally posted by duper
      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
      Originally posted by dggoddard
      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Dang...no home games from December 3 to January 27. That is quite a spell.

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post

KENDALL HOCKEY CLASSIC
        Clarkson vs. UAA
        Oct. 8 Clarkson vs. UAF
        St. Cloud State vs. UAA

Mercyhurst vs. UAF
        Nebraska Omaha vs. UAF

Oct. 28-29 MINNESOTA*
        Dec. 2-3 NORTH DAKOTA*
        Jan. 20-21 at Wisconsin*
        Jan. 27-28 DENVER*

Feb. 24 ALASKA FAIRBANKS

March 2-3 BEMIDJI STATE*

“We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post

Didn't you have two OOC WCHA games last season? UND and CC?

I guess your not playing anyone 5 times (oh wait make that 6 times) this coming season.
          Not our fault UAF just had to play UNO once again for old times sake.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Not our fault UAF just had to play UNO once again for old times sake.
            UNO just wanted to keep their streak of consecutive years traveling to AK alive.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
              UNO just wanted to keep their streak of consecutive years traveling to AK alive.
              Yup and it will probably be extended the next season too.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post

I'm kinda happy not seeing someone that many times on the schedule, kind of an easy cluster this year with MSUM, MTU, and UMD, take 16-20 out of possible 24 points and win most of the home games like we did last year and i see home ice, F5, and possible NCAA berth

Comment

I'm not sure we'll do better next year, unless we maintain our defense and get some production from JR. it seems like production increases from FR to SO then drop off JR and goes back up as SR (from looking at our data). So I expect SO class to increase 50-100% production next year and have a 20 goal scorer with our SO/SR class. And hope the JR will tread water instead of the usual dive.

From looking at the numbers. our PP has fluctuated from 12%-15% (20-28goals in last 5 years) and the only difference this year was we had more total goals, especially on the short handed (thank you Minnesota). And our defense was tad better than normal.

So the biggest improvement I would like see is on the power play (30+goals 18%+). at least with scoring chances and the setup time. Maybe I wont need to start Fire Shyiak thread next year.

Comment

Having said that. we had a nice run this year and I wish the graduating class the best.

Comment

Mercyhurst must really like it up here.

Comment

Does your free video feed cover the early season tourneys you host too?
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          Does your free video feed cover the early season tourneys you host too?
                          To my knowledge yes

Comment

I think only the late games, against Anchorage, unless they're changing things. When Michigan was up for the Kendall, I remember them saying there was only video for that game.

Comment

Originally posted by AKJD View Post
                              I think only the late games, against Anchorage, unless they're changing things. When Michigan was up for the Kendall, I remember them saying there was only video for that game.
                              So is the Fairbanks game around 4 local time and then Anchorage at 7 usually?
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                              X