Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2011 Miami Offseason Thread: Hawkheads face left and no scalping allowed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2011 Miami Offseason Thread: Hawkheads face left and no scalping allowed!

Two weeks too early, but here it is...

Rough way to end the season. It is hard to see these seniors leave a program that has thrived so much on their watch, but onward and upward! We have a great class coming in next year and they will hopefully bring some fresh energy and determination with them.

Most importantly, Steve Cady Arena will get some new left-facing RedHawk logos to replace the right-facing logos (Abominations!) currently on the ends of the rows. I knew all along that those false RedHawks were a curse that would prematurely end our season. Never again!

Is it October yet?
    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Re: Official 2011 Miami Offseason Thread: Hawkheads face left and no scalping allowed

The early exit is all Hodge's fault...

Play the chief song

Seriously though, looking forward to next year. We'll be a young team who may take their lumps at times, but have an absurd amount of talent lined up for Oxford, with a veteran defence and goalies. Like someone else said, similar to what ND went through this past season, but it seemed to have worked out for them, no reason to believe it won't for us.

Comment

Re: Official 2011 Miami Offseason Thread: Hawkheads face left and no scalping allowed

Great thread title, RHBM. Keep your fingers crossed about departures.

Where's RHM? I know I took some time off, but RHM is not allowed to do that. I know, I know, be careful what you wish for.

Comment

ESPN's John Buccigross believes Miele is the "likely Hobey Baker winner" and suggests some places he could sign.

From his Twitter feed...

@Buccigross Likely Hobey Baker winner, Andy Miele of Miami University, is an NHL free agent. Ducks, Kings, Devils, couple others in the picture..
        http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

I feel like a fraud acting like I'm "toughing it out." I'm not the one that underperformed in the clutch. The team is the one that you just KNOW is feeling really down. They let it get away from them this year, so we've gotta stand behind em as much as we can. As tough as it was to watch, it had to be worse on the bench. Hope they remember that Redhawk Nation is withem through thick AND thin....none of this either/or crap!

Anyhow, I have noticed a very forward-leaning class this next fall. Very excited to see how many step right into the system.....is it October yet???

Also, someone explain the thread title. I don't get it.
          Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

I'll let RHBM explain his title.

Brekke mentioned as a Lowell candidate and ND and Miami to Hockey East in the this article.

http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_17724038

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
              I feel like a fraud acting like I'm "toughing it out." I'm not the one that underperformed in the clutch. The team is the one that you just KNOW is feeling really down. They let it get away from them this year, so we've gotta stand behind em as much as we can. As tough as it was to watch, it had to be worse on the bench. Hope they remember that Redhawk Nation is withem through thick AND thin....none of this either/or crap!

Anyhow, I have noticed a very forward-leaning class this next fall. Very excited to see how many step right into the system.....is it October yet???

Also, someone explain the thread title. I don't get it.
              MUST FIX! IT'S AN ABOMINATION!

http://www.miamistudent.net/news/uni...logo-1.1905290

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                Thank you, 628.

For 2008: Though it is completely ridiculous, Miami is going to spend money to replace the little plates that cap the ends of each row of seats if they currently have right-facing Hawkheads. The official logo design has the Hawk facing to the left and, in case anyone was unaware, Miami is completely psychotic about controlling it's logo. However, I think this is gong to look TERRIBLE. Right now, you have all of the Hawkheads facing the ice. After the switch, you'll have half of them staring backwards into the steps and concourse. Sometimes Miami is so boneheaded about this type of stuff that they spend money unnecessarily and refuse to make exceptions when they actually make sense. This is one of those times.

The second part of the title should be obvious, but for anyone else reading the thread, Miami made a seemingly arbitrary decision halfway through the 2010-11 season that the band would no longer be able to play the "Scalp Song" when opposing teams received a penalty. The band has been playing that song for decades at all sporting events and the vast majority of students and alumni had no idea what it was called. Thanks to the recent prominence of hockey, it was usually just referred to as the penalty song. However, as more and more students participated in making a stereotypical "Indian whooping sound" at a certain point in the song, the origins of the song became more apparent. It therefore makes sense that the University would want to put a stop to this. However, once again, the University didn't take a commonsense approach to addressing the issue. They should have waited a few more months until the season ended and then work with the band to come up with a replacement that they could unveil at the very beginning of the next season. Instead, they simply banned it in the middle of the season without making any effort to explain to or communicate with the student body. That caused a bit of an uproar that focused negative attention on the issue, inspired the students to more fervently "yelp" at games, and led to claims of hypocrisy that drove the University to decide they should also remove the old Redskin logos from Yager, Millett, and Goggin.

And that brings us to the thread title. I love Miami University, but I hate hate HATE the way the administration (mis)handles issues like these. Now back to your originally scheduled programming (hockey talk). Love & Honor!
                Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

We just finished a fantastic, in-depth interview with Miami superstar Carter Camper. All Miami and College hockey fans will love this honest and candid interview with a great kid. Check it out http://www.sports-casters.com. Other info available in my sig file.
                  http://www.sports-casters.com

http://www.***********/sports_casters

thesportscasters@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                    Great thread title, RHBM. Keep your fingers crossed about departures.

Where's RHM? I know I took some time off, but RHM is not allowed to do that. I know, I know, be careful what you wish for.
                    Im here, just stepped back from this site a little. Its gotten a little to much for me, not too enjoyable these days...gives me more of a headache.

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                    The early exit is all Hodge's fault...

Play the chief song

Seriously though, looking forward to next year. We'll be a young team who may take their lumps at times, but have an absurd amount of talent lined up for Oxford, with a veteran defence and goalies. Like someone else said, similar to what ND went through this past season, but it seemed to have worked out for them, no reason to believe it won't for us.
                    Don't forget the team Miami had in the title game 3 years ago, primarily all freshmen and sophmores. Ill take a veteran goaltender/defense (like Miami will have) with a young talented energetic forward group than vice versa. Goal scorers will find a way to score goals. Will be fun to watch. Have a feeling all 6 defensemen will return, just my hunch.
                    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Don't know if this about Andy Miele has been posted on any of your threads yet.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                        Im here, just stepped back from this site a little. Its gotten a little to much for me, not too enjoyable these days...gives me more of a headache.

Don't forget the team Miami had in the title game 3 years ago, primarily all freshmen and sophmores. Ill take a veteran goaltender/defense (like Miami will have) with a young talented energetic forward group than vice versa. Goal scorers will find a way to score goals. Will be fun to watch. Have a feeling all 6 defensemen will return, just my hunch.
                        Saw something on Twitter that Weber said he's coming back. Take it for what its worth, but good sign so far.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                          Don't know if this about Andy Miele has been posted on any of your threads yet.
                          Good for him. Wonder how long it will be until somebody scoops up Camper as well?

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                            Good for him. Wonder how long it will be until somebody scoops up Camper as well?
                            Camper may wait another month. I'm sure he has opportunities now, but less than a month away from finishing up school that lots of his family have all attended.

Comment

If you listen to the interview I did with Camper you would know he is ready to go know. He has all of his business at school taken care of if the opportunity arises. I really suggest you give it a listen if you are a fan of Miami Hockey. Something with Miele is in the works.
                              http://www.sports-casters.com

http://www.***********/sports_casters

thesportscasters@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X