Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minneapolis/St Paul natives tour guide thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minneapolis/St Paul natives tour guide thread?

In the past there has been a thread where the locals give advice/reccomendations to visitors on what to see, where to stay, where to eat , and especially where to party during the FF. Here is my attempt to start one, with a little background. We happen to be staying at the Westin Minneapolis. I would appreciate any knowledge of where to go to eat nearby etc. But for all of us coming to town, NATIVES, how about a little info on places to go to have fun and enjoy the Twin Cities. Thanks in advance.

Re: Minneapolis/St Paul natives tour guide thread?

Originally posted by Yorzinlax View Post
    In the past there has been a thread where the locals give advice/reccomendations to visitors on what to see, where to stay, where to eat , and especially where to party during the FF. Here is my attempt to start one, with a little background. We happen to be staying at the Westin Minneapolis. I would appreciate any knowledge of where to go to eat nearby etc. But for all of us coming to town, NATIVES, how about a little info on places to go to have fun and enjoy the Twin Cities. Thanks in advance.
    Try this:http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ing-Your-Parka!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

If you're planning on eating around the X, get their early, because McGovern's, the Woodfire Grill, etc. fill up fast.
      Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Cosetta's is one of my favorite spots for italian. It's not far from the rink, but parking can be sparse. Get the lasagna and a slice of pizza (which is about the size of a paper plate!) A great base for a night of drinking at McGovern's..or Alary's if you enjoy drinking while peeking at some VERY attractive college girls that are wearing next to nothing! Note: Not a good place to bring the wives or children.
        Wet-Dreams of College Hockey on the West Coast!

Comment

Originally posted by WestCoastSioux
          A great base for a night of drinking at McGovern's..or Alary's if you enjoy drinking while peeking at some VERY attractive college girls that are wearing next to nothing! Note: Not a good place to bring the wives or children.
          Also, you WILL get asked to leave if you call Alary a "fat ****". Who knew?
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
            This.

Or look at my sig for the link. LOTS of suggestions/planning in that thread.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Minnesota Nice
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorzinlax View Post
                The Westin is in the heart of the downtown, um financial district, I guess. Bank restaurant and bar is on the ground floor - not sure if that is a hot spot or not these days, it got some buzz when it opened but I haven't heard much about it lately. I've only gone there for breakfast and lunch. I think you're at least a few blocks from any of the current hot spots. I'll look around when I get a minute and see if I come up with any ideas.

Comment

http://alarys.com/?page_id=20

Alarys Bar

This is also a must and is just down a few blocks from the X, the staff is top notch as you can see.

Comment

Has the snow all melted?!?!?

Comment

If you are looking for a good meal Shamrocks is always a good place and it is only about 1 mile from the Xcel.
                      UW-Stout Hockey 2009 Peters Cup Champions, and Home to the best fans in the land, the Devil's Advocates
                      UW-Stout Graduate 2011
                      "The Goalie Mask Guy"
                      D-1 College Team: Wisconsin Badgers
                      NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Has the snow all melted?!?!?
                        Not quite. It should be gone this weekend though, temps near 50 are forecast.
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                          Not quite. It should be gone this weekend though, temps near 50 are forecast.
                          So golf will be possible?!?!?

Comment

I would not be surprised to see this one open, it is known around the South metro as one of the earliest to open. Now it's not a top notch course (very short as well) but you can still chase the little white ball around.

http://www.rich-valley-golf-course.com/
                            Originally posted by CavalryNate
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

There will likely be courses open. They won't be great courses and certainly no CCs will open until it drys out some more. Lots of ranges will open and maybe a few short courses.

Comment

Working...
                              X