X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 3

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    sorry if this was already reported on another thread.....http://youth1.com/hockey-latest-feat...ts-to-ohl.html
    well, god knows the world needs more 15 year old kids saying "at this point in my career". What career would that be?

May he, and the 13 year old who committed to play football at USC simultaneously tear their ACL's
    I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
      May he, and the 13 year old who committed to play football at USC simultaneously tear their ACL's
      hell hath no fury like a fanboy scorned
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

At the Select 17 development camp, Danny O'Regan leads all scorers after today's first round of games: 3-1-4. http://www.usahockey.com/Season/TopS...ivisionID=1943
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
          Well... that will probably take less time to recover from than injuries he'd sustain from being thrown under the bus by Jack!
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

It was posted on another site, that Adam Erne is committed to BU for now, but is seriously looking into Major Junior. Any one have any additional info?

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
              It was posted on another site, that Adam Erne is committed to BU for now, but is seriously looking into Major Junior. Any one have any additional info?
              http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=4247639
              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Well... that will probably take less time to recover from than injuries he'd sustain from being thrown under the bus by Jack!
                eh, B- no jack is drunk reference.
                time to write new history

Comment

That's a lot of draft picks to be moving for a guy "committed" to a college program. They must know something we don't.

Jackpot Part 2?

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                  eh, B- no jack is drunk reference.
                  Let's be honest, it's a given at this point.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Hasn't been any official announcement but I can say that he is more than likely going major junior. Can't say I'm too surprised though. When players like Erne and DeAngelo are playing at such a high caliber (USHL) at such a young age, the chances of them being patient and continuing to play in the league for another 2-3 years are slim.

I guess the upside is that they're going major jnr well in advance of their expected arrivals at BU which means scholarships can then be used to recruit other players, etc.

Comment

His rights were traded by Halifax to the Quebec Remparts, that are partly owned and coached by Patrick Roy. It was reported that Roy personally talked to Erne before the trade to see if he would commit and once he did the trade was initiated. So yeah it looks like he will not be playing for B.U.

Comment

I'd be shocked if Erne isn't gone. Nobody makes that kind of trade without being SURE that they will be able to sign him. Not a good turn of events over the last few weeks for BU recruiting. Oh wel...
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          I'd be shocked if Erne isn't gone. Nobody makes that kind of trade without being SURE that they will be able to sign him. Not a good turn of events over the last few weeks for BU recruiting. Oh wel...
                          Isn't College Hockey Inc supposed to be helping out in situations like this? So much for that.
                          Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
                          Boston University '06/'08
                          Yale University '13

Comment

Originally posted by Stories View Post
                            Isn't College Hockey Inc supposed to be helping out in situations like this? So much for that.
                            Pretty much official that he's now gone.....http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/

What can College Hockey Inc really do? The NCAA is fighting a losing battle here, it cannot win with the way the rules are currently structured. I've long argued for making CHL players eligible, but that isn't a very popular position to take.

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                              What can College Hockey Inc really do? The NCAA is fighting a losing battle here, it cannot win with the way the rules are currently structured. I've long argued for making CHL players eligible, but that isn't a very popular position to take.
                              I think you'd find some people in college hockey circles who would support this idea, but I doubt you'd find anyone in the NCAA offices willing to support it. It's just hard to blame a kid when you look at it from his perspective. "I can play in the CHL at 16 or stick around the USHL for two more years before going to college." I think if CHL players under 18 or players with two years or less in the CHL could still be eligible for NCAA, that would make a pretty big difference.
                              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                                The NCAA is fighting a losing battle here, it cannot win with the way the rules are currently structured.
                                Another issue with Erne and D'Angelo is that both players are very young. They won't see BU for a few years whereas they can play Canadian juniors now. There's nothing the NCAA can do about that.

College hockey needs to find a way to market itself better to these kids and convince them in the long run that they'll be better players by going the college route. I'm not sure exactly how to go about that, but it's got to be hard for Parker and other college coaches to convince a 15, 16-year-old kid to wait at least four or five years before making a go at the NHL.
                                http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X