X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 3

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    That wasnt the point. The point is he made matching offers to those Eichel, McLeod etc and lost out.
    No, not "etc."

Eichel, yes. That's documented at least. Forgive me if I don't just take your word for it. Just because a kid might be considered an elite talent doesn't automatically mean BC and BU are both going after the kid. Yes, it does happen...but not always.

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    I would go the opposite actually. Since Quinn's first couple recruits BU has had, on average, a better Defensive group than BC each year, with some exceptions obviously.
    On paper, BU has recruited more offensive minded dmen than BC has. But, as an overall unit (you know, playing defense)...more often than not BC's group has been better.

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    nope, all is well on comm ave..
    Hokydad, wrong again.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Hokydad, wrong again.

Did I miss some new news?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Did I miss some new news?
        Perhaps I should have clarified that. I meant he was wrong about there being more bad news for BU coming.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Perhaps I should have clarified that. I meant he was wrong about there being more bad news for BU coming.
          Hah - I took it the same way as Scarlet (perhpas with slight less angst)
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Anyone who actually reports on this stuff got any news about Marc Hetnik no longer coming next year? Just saw some of his retweets on twitter saying that he'd be back in Vernon next year.

Does this move Grzelyck up to this year?
            Agganis Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Hockey Center, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Lawler Arena, Matthews Arena, Mullins Memorial Center, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, Tsongas Arena, Whittemore Center, Erie Insurance Arena, Lynah Rink, Madison Square Garden, Ridder Arena, TD Garden, Xcel Energy Center

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
              By the way Hokydad, you STILL haven't answered my question about why Michael Vechionne hasn't committed anywhere? Last time I checked, you insinuated that just about every D-1 powerhouse in the country was after him. So again, what gives?
              Vecchione is returning to the Tri-City Storm to play a second season in the USHL (according to Head Coach's twitter).
              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                Vecchione is returning to the Tri-City Storm to play a second season in the USHL (according to Head Coach's twitter).
                Hmmm, according to Hokydad, he has several offers on the table from schools "far" superior to UNH, yet he's now going back to the USHL for another year - just like UNH had originally asked him to do

Comment

Originally posted by Spazway View Post

Does this move Grzelyck up to this year?
                  He has already been moved up to this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                    He has already been moved up to this fall.
                    Yeah my bad, missed that. Looking at different sites without updated info.

So Hetnick waiting another year must have been because of Ruikka staying (another) extra year, right?
                    Agganis Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Hockey Center, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Lawler Arena, Matthews Arena, Mullins Memorial Center, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, Tsongas Arena, Whittemore Center, Erie Insurance Arena, Lynah Rink, Madison Square Garden, Ridder Arena, TD Garden, Xcel Energy Center

Comment

Originally posted by Spazway View Post
                      Yeah my bad, missed that. Looking at different sites without updated info.

So Hetnick waiting another year must have been because of Ruikka staying (another) extra year, right?
                      Has to be, when I heard about the Ruikka story, I counted (I think) 9 D on the roster for next year, which would be stupid.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Has to be, when I heard about the Ruikka story, I counted (I think) 9 D on the roster for next year, which would be stupid.
                        They return 6. Is there any other incoming D besides Grzelcyk now? We had only 7 this year (Not counting Ronan or Moscatel) and had multiple games with only 5 healthy D due to Privatera's wrist and Nicastro's shoulder and legal problems. I also don't like being forced to play Ruikka and MacGregor both if anyone is injured, 8 D please.
                        Last edited by Agganis; 05-11-2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Polesello decommitted. Kurker is in.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebron23 View Post
                            Polesello decommitted.
                            Sounds very similar to what happened with BC and Tiefenwerth parting ways. A can't miss commit that peaked early and was no longer considered an elite prospect by the time his freshmen year approached. Or maybe it was just all the turmoil and bad publicity associated with the assaults? Too bad as he was supposed to be a total stud when he committed...

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                              Sounds very similar to what happened with BC and Tiefenwerth parting ways. A can't miss commit that peaked early and was no longer considered an elite prospect by the time his freshmen year approached. Or maybe it was just all the turmoil and bad publicity associated with the assaults? Too bad as he was supposed to be a total stud when he committed...
                              It sounds like there was an off ice incident towards the end of April. Though, I have no idea what it is regarding.

Comment

The Rick-Roll Youtube Video

Comment

Working...
                                X