• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 3

2013 recruit Brendan Collier named ESPN Boston Mr. Hockey
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Some news on a pair of recruits, both Kimball Union d-men. Jonathan MacLeod (2014) will be in Ann Arbor next season with the NTDP U17s. His 6-4, 210 teammate Doyle Somerby (2013) was featured in NE Hockey Journal, deciding whether to return to KUA or try the USHL or EJHL.

Comment

United States of Hockey, reporting on the US U18 squad for the upcoming World's, had some nice things to say about 2013 recruit Danny O'Regan, who joined the NTDP u18s after his St. Seb's season ended.

One of the non-NTDP players that is looking like a lock to go to Worlds is Danny O’Regan. The small centerman from St. Sebastian’s School appeared in the U18 Team’s final seven games of the USHL season, posting five points (3g-2a).

Central Scouting ranked O’Regan 112th in its mid-term rankings, and a good showing at the U18 Worlds could lead to a rise up the charts. O’Regan was dynamic at the Prep level, but has shown that his game is not limited at all against older, stronger competition.

O’Regan is a deft playmaker, who is really smart with the puck. While he doesn’t have much of a physical game, O’Regan gets where he needs to be and is able to find the soft areas of the ice. He’s also good at creating time and space for himself.

On a team that has been challenged to score goals, O’Regan can get pucks to the net and skated with two gifted scorers in Nic Kerdiles and Ryan Hartman when I saw the U18s play at Dubuque. Could be a formidable line in the Czech Republic.

Comment

Team USA roster for the World U18s is announced and includes three BU recruits: 2012s Matt Grzelcyk and Matthew Lane and 2013 Danny O'Regan.

Comment

Sean Maguire at the top of his game in BCHL playoffs
            http://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/20...e-in-bchl.html

Comment

This is how it looks right now for 2012, right?

Maguire Goalie
              Lane LC --
              Myron LC --
              Moran LW --
              Privitera LC --
              Hetnik LD
              O'Connor Goalie
              Polesello LC

Ruikka RD
              Connolly LC
              Gilroy RW
              Chiasson RW
              Millan G
              Rollheiser G
              Coyle RW
              Trivino LC
              Nicastro RD

8 guys in, 9 guys out.

We lose: Two defensemen, Two Left shooting Centers Three Right Wingers, Two Goalies
              We gain: One defenseman, Four Left shooting centers 1 Left Winger, Two Goalies.

Is something changing? We need another defenseman, is Grzelcyk coming in earlier?
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post

Maguire Goalie
                Lane LC --
                Myron LC --
                Moran LW --
                Privitera LC --
                Hetnik LD
                O'Connor Goalie
                Polesello LC

Ruikka RD
                Connolly LC
                Gilroy RW
                Chiasson RW
                Millan G
                Rollheiser G
                Coyle RW
                Trivino LC
                Nicastro RD

8 guys in, 9 guys out.

We lose: Two defensemen, Two Left shooting Centers Three Right Wingers, Two Goalies

Is something changing? We need another defenseman, is Grzelcyk coming in earlier?
                Yes, he'll join the 2012 class, which is not necessarily finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post

Maguire Goalie
                  Lane LC --
                  Myron LC --
                  Moran LW --
                  Privitera LC --
                  Hetnik LD
                  O'Connor Goalie
                  Polesello LC

Ruikka RD
                  Connolly LC
                  Gilroy RW
                  Chiasson RW
                  Millan G
                  Rollheiser G
                  Coyle RW
                  Trivino LC
                  Nicastro RD

8 guys in, 9 guys out.

What might be changing is the number of departures-- some additional players might sign early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                    What might be changing is the number of departures-- some additional players might sign early.
                    I'm still of the mindset that BU will lose up to 4 players, but perhaps more likely 2-3 additional will leave.

Comment

And Ruikka would have to enroll in grad school to stay. Any word on whether he plans on coming back for his 5th year or not?
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        And Ruikka would have to enroll in grad school to stay. Any word on whether he plans on coming back for his 5th year or not?
                        Does Parker even want Ruikka back? Just from the games I've seen he's pretty horrendous back there (like barely serviceable).
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Does Parker even want Ruikka back? Just from the games I've seen he's pretty horrendous back there (like barely serviceable).
                          But he's wicked smaht. Brings up the team GPA.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                            I believe that if it were up to Clendenning he would leave but is not at this time getting that opportunity. I think the probability is large that Chiasson is the only early departure.

Comment

• Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
                              I believe that if it were up to Clendenning he would leave but is not at this time getting that opportunity. I think the probability is large that Chiasson is the only early departure.
                              I think I want whatever you're drinking. The team will lose more. Many players sign after the summer rookie camps. Those start in late June and go through early August. The teams can spend up to 5 days watching their draftees and free agents and then make decisions if they feel players are ready or would benefit more from pro training. Wait and see...

Comment

Originally posted by BUTerrierfan View Post
                                I think I want whatever you're drinking. The team will lose more. Many players sign after the summer rookie camps. Those start in late June and go through early August. The teams can spend up to 5 days watching their draftees and free agents and then make decisions if they feel players are ready or would benefit more from pro training. Wait and see...
                                I don't think he needs to be drinking anything to make that remark. From a talent perspective, I don't see anyone that has much of any shot of playing in the NHL next year other than Chiasson. So why leave early to "ride the bus"? Now, if people want to leave because of the hits to the program, that is another story.

The names that seem to come up most are Clendening and Nieto. I could see Clendening leaving, but Nieto? Good player with great speed, but I'd say he has a long way to go to be an NHL threat.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X