• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East - The Off Season

Vincent should go to huntsville!

Close to home
    Close to Atlanta

Close to Nashville!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      ..so UML.. who is it going to be?

Bazin or Cavanaugh?.. you are going hard after both aren't ya?
      No mention of Cavanaugh in today's Lowell Sun article. The article mentions Nate Leaman, Norm Bazin, Mark Carlson, Ron Rolston and Miami Assistant Brent Brekke as candidates. http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_17724038

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        No mention of Cavanaugh in today's Lowell Sun article. The article mentions Nate Leaman, Norm Bazin, Mark Carlson, Ron Rolston and Miami Assistant Brent Brekke as candidates. http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_17724038
        good, hands off!

Comment

Not saying Lowell can't land a promising coach...much like Merrimack did. But, what connections does Leaman have to UML/why would he leave Union? There's no reason he can't consistently win and make the NCAAs if he stays there in that league. Also, Don Lucia? Where the f did that come from?

I also don't believe Hockey East would invite ND and Miami.

I'd say Bazin, Carlson and Rolston seem like logical candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Not saying Lowell can't land a promising coach...much like Merrimack did. But, what connections does Leaman have to UML/why would he leave Union? There's no reason he can't consistently win and make the NCAAs if he stays there in that league. Also, Don Lucia? Where the f did that come from?
            I agree about Leaman, but who knows, if he does come in for an interview I would assume he's interested. Why waste everyones time

According to the Lowell Sun, Lucia was once contacted about the coaching job when Crowder left, that's where that came from.
            http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_17624925
            Last edited by boblav1; 03-29-2011, 07:41 PM.

Comment

As a Northeastern guy I wish I was as optimistic as everyone else is on the Huskies chances next year. There is good reason for optimism but too much reason for skepticism for my comfort level. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

I have a question about amateur eligibility...according to uscho.com: "The Chicago Blackhawks announced on Tuesday that the AHL’s Rockford IceHogs have signed Boston College right wing Jimmy Hayes an amateur tryout agreement." B/c this is an amateur tryout agreement, does that mean he can return to BC next year if things don't work out? Just curious how these things work, if anybody knows
                As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

According to the Lowell Sun, Lucia was once contacted about the coaching job when Crowder left, that's where that came from.
                  http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_17624925
                  That's nice and everything but it doesn't make him a candidate for the job now. He was just doing some Dickie Dunn journalism and throwing crap out there to see if it sticks... I would hope he knows that Lowell surely won't pay him what he gets at the U not to mention Lucia still has one year left on his contract.

The Chiefs are moving to Florida!
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by MCHOCKEY View Post
                    I have a question about amateur eligibility...according to uscho.com: "The Chicago Blackhawks announced on Tuesday that the AHL’s Rockford IceHogs have signed Boston College right wing Jimmy Hayes an amateur tryout agreement." B/c this is an amateur tryout agreement, does that mean he can return to BC next year if things don't work out? Just curious how these things work, if anybody knows
                    No he can't return. It means he is signed for the remainder of the season with no guarantees after that.

Comment

Originally posted by MCHOCKEY View Post
                      He just forfeited his last year of eligibility by signing this contract.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        He just forfeited his last year of eligibility by signing this contract.
                        Thanks for the info. The word amateur threw me off. Almost made it sound like no pay so he could keep his amateur status and continue playing college. Thanks.
                        As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

That's nice and everything but it doesn't make him a candidate for the job now. He was just doing some Dickie Dunn journalism and throwing crap out there to see if it sticks... I would hope he knows that Lowell surely won't pay him what he gets at the U not to mention Lucia still has one year left on his contract.

The Chiefs are moving to Florida!
                          To be fair, I believe Chaz had originally said it was someone HE thought they'd go after... it was just speculation on his part.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I would hope he knows that Lowell surely won't pay him what he gets at the U not to mention Lucia still has one year left on his contract.
                            I believe they just signed him to an extension...

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                              I believe they just signed him to an extension...
                              haha all the minnesota fans/alumini calling for Lucia's head gotta love that news
                              GO BU

Comment

With all the talk of schools in big 10 for hockey getting hockey programming has HE ever considered making its own deal with a new college conference TV network. The potential BE network would seem like the perfect partnership for HE to have. HE already has 2 BE members and this would give the BE network alot more programming and viewership in New England. The only thing that would complicate a potential partnership would be BC but if its a good deal time and money heal all wounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X