Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Frozen Four Thread - Minnesota Duluth - Notre Dame - North Dakota - Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Frozen Four Thread - Minnesota Duluth - Notre Dame - North Dakota - Michigan

This should be an excellent Frozen Four. All four teams have strong fanbases that should be able to travel, so I expect an electric atmosphere. North Dakota and Duluth were just here last weekend for the Final Five, so they are familiar with the arena and area. It is an all-West Frozen Four or the WCHA-CCHA showcase if you will.

Thoughts?

Expectations?

Discuss...
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Re: 2011 Frozen Four Thread - Minnesota Duluth - Notre Dame - North Dakota - Michigan

Western bias!

First time without a Hockey East team since the all WCHA FF in Columbus (I think).

My thoughts are I will be very surprised if UND doesn't win this and that I hope I can jinx them by saying it

Comment

Re: 2011 Frozen Four Thread - Minnesota Duluth - Notre Dame - North Dakota - Michigan

I am hoping Duluth pulls this off.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

I'm really looking forward to it! My brother (who has never been to a FF) and I will be there. I was at the FF that you mentioned before - the one we would both like to forget. This is a Sioux team that has been focused all year on this goal, and I would be very surprised with anything less than their best effort. As long as they play the game they are capable of playing, they have a great chance of winning. Go Sioux!
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Worst FF field ever. Worse than 2005, even.

Just hand the trophy to Genoway and be done with it.
          Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

It's going to take a Herculean effort to get past both Notre Dame and then North Dakota. For this reason, I'm really hoping Michigan can pull off the upset.
            Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

I'm pretty sure the ESPNU guy just callled it St. Pete, Minnesota.

Comment

Rooting for the Dogs to pull it out.
                Most victories- Minnesota (1,526)

Most Tourney Victories- Minnesota (49)

30 tourney appearances

19 frozen fours

16 straight post season victories ended on 3-28-04 by tUMD. (This sig was edited for BC06!)

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
                  I'm pretty sure the ESPNU guy just callled it St. Pete, Minnesota.
                  Maybe the announcer guy is super old. St. Peter could have been the capital of Minnesota back in the 1850's.
                  Originally posted by Zudnic View Post

Is someone bitter BC didn't make it? Or that a Boston team isn't winning this year?

I like UMD's chances to make the final. I think UMD's speed matches well against ND.

UND, UMAA will be an interesting contest.

Also it is interesting after a team from Boston won it all three years in a row, we now have an all "western bias" Frozen Four.
                  Last edited by Biddco; 03-27-2011, 10:08 PM.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                    This is a Sioux team that has been focused all year on this goal, and I would be very surprised with anything less than their best effort. As long as they play the game they are capable of playing, they have a great chance of winning. Go Sioux!
                    Fitting reward for the UND kids that took the risk and stuck around this year - just for this purpose. Great story, and rare in college hockey these days.

Comment

You can't make this stuff up.

It's like some of you Easterners think there's only 13 colonies and the Articles of Confederation were just ratified.

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                        You can't make this stuff up.

It's like some of you Easterners think there's only 13 colonies and the Articles of Confederation were just ratified.
                        Come on now. WCHA fans are just as guilty.

Comment

Good plan.
                          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Well, if the other #1 seeds would have done their job...
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
                              It's going to take a Herculean effort to get past both Notre Dame and then North Dakota. For this reason, I'm really hoping Michigan can pull off the upset.
                              Thank you, I think...
                              Originally posted by alfablue
                              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Working...
                              X