Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND Fighting Sioux vs. UM Wolverines

Originally posted by bronzebacks View Post
    i went to grad school at north dakota. Thus my team building skills. The only other thing i learned there was to always carry a bag of flour in my backpack. You know...in case i was going to get lucky.
    awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by GOPHER FREAK View Post
      I'm not sure a Red Berenson coached team is going to be intimidated by UND physically or otherwise as I believe was the case for a lot of teams this year.
      Most teams were not seriously intimidated by the Sioux until only recently. In the last 2 months, they went from a solid nat'l top 5 team to a great nat'l #1 ranked team, who also happen to be peaking at the most opportune time. Major credit goes to the coaching staff, as this is the culmination of a season-long plan.

Comment

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
        Yes but do they know that ND has a player so good that Sioux fans put an "MF" in between his initials?
        Michigan had one of those a few years ago too, good but over-rated. JMFJ anyone?
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          They will be sung. Oh yes, they will be sung. That song is about the only reason I hate Michigan. Seriously, learn another song. Some friends and I actually had a debate about the most annoying thing in sports announcing/chants/etc. We agreed on the top 3 (and one is a Sioux fan): Go Pack Go chant, Here Is Your UND SCOOOOOOORRRRRRRinnnnnnnng! announcement, and Hail.

Hail finished second. Because they play it any time they can.
          As you so aptly pointed out the Michigan Fight song is not really too complex. That being said you'd think that YOU COULD GET THE NAME RIGHT!

It isn't Hail, rather "The Victors".

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            Michigan had one of those a few years ago too, good but over-rated. JMFJ anyone?
            defensemen (defencemen) don't count.
            "My greatest achievement."
            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
              defensemen (defencemen) don't count.
              But he had one *Bleep* of a slap-shot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6FmD1HecrM

I was at that game and started the "Ugly goalie" chant immediately following the event.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                But he had one *Bleep* of a slap-shot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6FmD1HecrM

I was at that game and started the "Ugly goalie" chant immediately following the event.
                I cannot deny that.
                "My greatest achievement."
                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
                  The last time a Sioux player and a Bulldog player went head-to-head, it didn't turn out so well for the Sioux player, now did it?

Jack Connolly will win the Hobey Baker because if he doesn't, the endangered birds living in his beard will be killed.

EDIT: Because I love this song so much:

I hope it gets played about 500 times next Thursday.
                  Jack Connolly won't make the Hobey Hat trick, let alone the Hobey itself. He's not a front runner for the award, so start paying closer attention. I would bet you $100 bucks on that. Probably more, but I would never want to make someone lose all their money.

Comment

While I would prefer that both teams lose, I think I dislike the school that named both its basketball and hockey arenas after football coaches the most. If the arena implodes, that will be fine too, and I'll be in the arena.
                    SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                    UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                    Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                    Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                    UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                    UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Hail finished second. Because they play it any time they can.
                      Oh no... I totally forgot about that one. Maybe I do need to unload my ticket for that reason alone.... Well, maybe they will get the early game and lose since I'll be late to that one. I hope....

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                        Oh no... I totally forgot about that one. Maybe I do need to unload my ticket for that reason alone.... Well, maybe they will get the early game and lose since I'll be late to that one. I hope....
                        Duluth-Notre Dame is the early game, Michigan-North Dakota is the late game. I was a bit surprised they already had that announced prior to the UND-Denver game on Sunday.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          Duluth-Notre Dame is the early game, Michigan-North Dakota is the late game. I was a bit surprised they already had that announced prior to the UND-Denver game on Sunday.
                          Duluth and Notre Dame were both #3 seeds, so with Michigan winning and a #1 and #2 playing in the UND-DU game Duluth and Notre Dame were guaranteed to be the lower seeds.
                          sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                            Duluth and Notre Dame were both #3 seeds, so with Michigan winning and a #1 and #2 playing in the UND-DU game Duluth and Notre Dame were guaranteed to be the lower seeds.
                            Is that a new rule? I thought they usually tried to pick the most TV friendly game for the night game. In '05 Minnesota-North Dakota played the night game when CC-DU were both #1 seeds.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Is that a new rule? I thought they usually tried to pick the most TV friendly game for the night game. In '05 Minnesota-North Dakota played the night game when CC-DU were both #1 seeds.
                              Maybe so. In that case, the talking heads must have decided that Michigan vs either DU or UND would be the better TV game.
                              sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

I would assume that since Michigan won on Saturday, the NCAA wanted them to be the night game. Although Notre Dame is another big name, I would imagine they have many fewer hockey fans and wouldn't bring the ratings that Michigan would, so whether or not they won was inconsequential to the NCAA and ESPN.
                                SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                                UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                                Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                                Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                                UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                                UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X