This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Today is 26 March 2011. There are 189 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Progress was made this season. Im not mad or angry about what happened today. 5 years ago this team was an embarassment and down in the dumps. Now we have a great head coach who is bringing in skilled players and getting into the battles for kids with the big guys. A holiday tournament title, a win over a #1 team, a #8 ranking, and much more is nothing that would make me want to say this season was a waste. The seniors laid down the start of what is going to be a very good house in the next few years. Already looking forward towards October and another winters long chase for a title.
    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

As mentioned on your other thread, congrats to you guys on a great season. Ran into a red hot ND team today. Hard to see anyone (Yale?) beating them this season. With Seth in control it looks like your program is definitely in good hands. See y'all next year at Starr.
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
        Progress was made this season. Im not mad or angry about what happened today. 5 years ago this team was an embarassment and down in the dumps. Now we have a great head coach who is bringing in skilled players and getting into the battles for kids with the big guys. A holiday tournament title, a win over a #1 team, a #8 ranking, and much more is nothing that would make me want to say this season was a waste. The seniors laid down the start of what is going to be a very good house in the next few years. Already looking forward towards October and another winters long chase for a title.
        Definitely progress.

Although we are losing a lot in the senior class, we are getting in more quality players than we are losing, and that is what we were lacking, quality depth. Our top players are as good an any in the country -- we just did not have enough of them. I could say that had Pirri and D'Amigo stayed we would have, but all of the better teams lose underclassmen.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-26-2011, 03:21 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

BTW, the title of this thread does not refer to the UConn tourney.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Congrats on a good season, RPI. Probably not outcome you can like whatsoever but your guys played good. Definitely matched the Sioux in physical play. Good luck to you guys next season.

Comment

Congrats on a good season guys, and getting back to the NCAA tourney. Sorry we were the ones to knock you out.
              sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                Congrats on a good season, RPI. Probably not outcome you can like whatsoever but your guys played good. Definitely matched the Sioux in physical play. Good luck to you guys next season.
                Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                Congrats on a good season guys, and getting back to the NCAA tourney. Sorry we were the ones to knock you out.
                Thanks. I can't say that the result surprised me. I did think that we would score a goal and get that albatross off our back.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                  I concur with my good friend.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I'm really excited about Brock Higgs next season. He had a great start to the year, was sidelined by the injury down in Alabama, but has been back on his A game the whole latter part of the season. We have some big skates to fill with our graduating seniors, but I'm looking forward to what Higgs can do for us next year.
                    RPI Class of 2012
                    Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                      Thanks, good luck the rest of the way. Say with the Big 10 coming aboard, how about a RPI-UND series every couple seasons. Wouldnt mind seeing UND back east once in a while.
                      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                        Well, if you want to win a national championship, you have to knock off four teams in the NCAA tourney. Best of luck in the remainder of the tourney.

Comment

Good season, and was pleasantly surprised by the 1st half of the game today. I believe!
                          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

We played a moderately good first period in which we just did not finish the 2 or 3 real chances we had. The better team just played their game and beat us soundly. Not unexpected but i sure wish we had scored just one (perhaps the one off the post). A good year and will be looking forward to next year. Gaind a lot of respect for the boys who played real hard today-especially those that were still checking hard late in the game like Brutlag, Chase, Tinordi and Rabbani. Defense let us down a litle as they let some ND players just undress them and walk right in. But no question about it-this is a very good NDak team with 16 NHL draft choices on it. Just great to have been able to stay with them for 20 minutes at least.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Andrew Catalon from Channel 13 tweeted Coach Appert saying York is 50-50 on deciding to go pro or not. Oh boy here we go.

Comment

Working...
                              X