X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    Love seeing everybodys ideas of lines next season. Im thinking Haggerty will be more of a checking line guy. But I do know its gonna be tougher and tougher for coach to decide who ends up on the ice each night. Monday-Thursdays are going to be battles for ice time. Curadi and Leboeuf together would be an interesting pairing just in sheer height alone. I realize the speed issue putting those two together but Dr. D would have the biggest smile on his face with those two together. So many different D combos could be put together. This will make for some fun guessing games come October.
    Lines? You don't even know who will be here next year. There have already been a couple of surprises in the student directory postings. Let's hope that all the ones in Ralph's list actually make it to Troy next year before trying to match them up.

By the way, JL centering a line with AAG and O'Grady? If you are going to spend time on trying to predict lines at least try to make sense and put the guy that could be the closest thing we have to a sniper on a line with guys with more offensive potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
      Lines? You don't even know who will be here next year. There have already been a couple of surprises in the student directory postings. Let's hope that all the ones in Ralph's list actually make it to Troy next year before trying to match them up.

By the way, JL centering a line with AAG and O'Grady? If you are going to spend time on trying to predict lines at least try to make sense and put the guy that could be the closest thing we have to a sniper on a line with guys with more offensive potential.
      LMN line maybe? It's been talked about quite a bit on here. However you are correct that it is speculative at this point.
      Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 04-15-2011, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Great article from Tom over at the always informative, never boring Without a Peer.

http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/04/...offseason.html

BTW - A congratulations I think are in order for Tom, Gary and Ed over at WaP. They brought their multi-platform endeavor to a higher level and the RPI fanbase is more informed because of it. Cheers, gentlemen.
        Last edited by AspyDad; 04-15-2011, 10:58 AM.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          LMN line maybe? It's been talked about quite a bit on here. However you are correct that it is speculative at this point.
          LMN is what I had proposed as an all freshman line-I was half kidding(just like the sound of those letters together in order)-but the more I think about it-Neal and Laliberte together could make a lot of sense
          Last edited by DrDemento; 04-15-2011, 11:37 AM.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            LMN is what I had proposed as an all freshman line-I was half kidding(just like the sound of those letters together in order)-but the more I think about it-Neal and Laliberte together could make a lot of sense
            Well four years ago we had Helfrich/Polacek/Halpern (though kind of out of necessity), two years ago we had the people's line of D'Amigo/Pirri/O'Grady (and yes I realize two fo the three are superstars and the third is a great finisher), what's to say we won't do the same next year? It's quite possible.

Comment

congratulations again to Chase, 2nd-team USCHO.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post

What exactly is the problem that you have with talking about lines for next year? Nobody is asking SA to lock in his lines for the opening game of the season. There is no harm in chatting about potential combos.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                  What exactly is the problem that you have with talking about lines for next year? Nobody is asking SA to lock in his lines for the opening game of the season. There is no harm in chatting about potential combos.
                  Agree-especially with some of the other schmutz we always seem to talk about here.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Agree-especially with some of the other schmutz we always seem to talk about here.
                    Is schmutz a technical term?
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      My orgo professor says it is...
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I believe it is Yiddish.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          I believe it is Yiddish.
                          Yo...I mean oy.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            I believe it is Yiddish.
                            Yes but it is pretty generic and it really covers some of the stuff we babble about here.

Comment

I first heard it from my grandmother-she was not very technical though.

Comment

don't know the validity of this but it appears Union may be looking for a goalie after all http://sachem.patch.com/articles/sac...-jersey-devils
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X