This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Sorry to see York go, but at least he was there for years. His teammate at Camrose, Joe Colborne, left DU after 2. Just heard today Matt Donovan signed with the Islanders after 2 years at DU. Sorry to see him go.

Wish we could have played each other at the regional.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

I don’t know if Ralph posted this before but I have not seen this article on Pat Koudys.

http://www.therecord.com/sports/arti...imb-the-ladder

This talks about Pat’s maturity and mental acumen. Talks about his old man’s hockey career too. Didn’t know he was quite the player in his own right. Maybe haven't had the caliber of this kid on blue line since Kenny Hammond was here in Troy.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        I don’t know if Ralph posted this before but I have not seen this article on Pat Koudys.

http://www.therecord.com/sports/arti...imb-the-ladder

This talks about Pat’s maturity and mental acumen. Talks about his old man’s hockey career too. Didn’t know he was quite the player in his own right. Maybe haven't had the caliber of this kid on blue line since Kenny Hammond was here in Troy.
        It was posted, but I don't recall if it was me. His father, Jim (Randy's cousin), was drafted 252nd in 1982 by the Islanders, the very last selection. He supposedly almost made the team at one point, but the Islanders were having their one streak of greatness, and there was no room.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Polacek and Foss sign AHL contracts http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...330110649.aspx.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Polacek and Foss sign AHL contracts http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...330110649.aspx.
            Question ? Will they be able to graduate this year? Will the profs let them distance learn? How does that all work?
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Question ? Will they be able to graduate this year? Will the profs let them distance learn? How does that all work?
              Almost certainly they will be able to graduate on time. It has happened many times before. I remember in the video of the 25th reunion of the 1985 team, Ken Hammond talking about it.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Best of luck to both of these boys who gave us all 4 years of their devotion and talent. I suspect St Louis had ben watching Chase for some time and knows what they are getting. I think he will do well and we may perhaps get to see another engineer get a chance at the NHL level.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Best of luck to both of these boys who gave us all 4 years of their devotion and talent. I suspect St Louis had ben watching Chase for some time and knows what they are getting. I think he will do well and we may perhaps get to see another engineer get a chance at the NHL level.
                  As a St. Louis native and Blues fan, I am so excited to see Chase sign with the franchise! I know both he and Foss will do all they can to prove themselves over the coming weeks, and hopefully both will get at shot at an NHL career.

Good luck boys!

Comment

Unless they were already not on track to graduate, pretty much every hockey player that reaches his eighth semester graduates on time. How they work that out, I don't know or care but I'm glad they do. I believe Erik Burgdoerfer was the only one from last season that this applied to.
                    Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Of course-We would not drive far to see something on TV either.
                      What if I said we had Van Gogh Dutch Caramel there !
                      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think that the AHL is a great starting point for both players. They both have an outside chance at the NHL right now, but if they improve this year and into the next, they are in organizations that need talented players, so they will get a chance.
                        It was great watching both players for four years and I certainly look forward to watching them in the NHL.
                        All the best to both Chase and Jeff.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Hat trick was announced. Atkinson, Frattin, and Miele. Congratulations to Polacek (and Foss) on an excellent career and best of luck in the A/NHL.

Also, a big thank you to Allen York on his three years to the team. Best of luck within the Blue Jackets' organization.
                          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Polacek apparently signed an ATO and a one year contract for next year. I guess that means basically that he is playing out the rest of the AHL season for free and then has a deal for next year. Make sense?

Comment

X-Posted from the Hobey Hat Trick thread where I posted to bait the Sioux fans

Open letter to Hobey Baker Committee:

Seems you left the part out of Matt Frattin's bio where he was arrested for drunk driving and blowing a 0.12 on the brethalyzer. Oh but he wasn't convicted? Sometimes the justice system is a massive failure - just look at the OJ Simpson case. Does that mean OJ has Character too in the eyes of the Hobey Baker foundation?

Oh, you forgot his second arrest that he was convicted on in a court of law in NoDak as well. What a winner.

Really shows a lot of character to overlook past failures because it's convenient rather than looking at the total athlete's career. He could have killed someone but you'll probably still give him the Hobey - because ****, he can shoot the puck so who cares if he got drunk and drove around. I guess it's cool when athletes do it.

Signed - HighlanderRPI

PS - better hook up a generator to ol' Hobey - make some money off all that spinning, given the rising energy prices

PPS - I'm sure some NoDak homers will say I'm sore because RPI lost to NoDak, but I would be saying this regardless - it's indefensible to drive drunk, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by HighlanderRPI View Post
                                X-Posted from the Hobey Hat Trick thread where I posted to bait the Sioux fans

Open letter to Hobey Baker Committee:

Seems you left the part out of Matt Frattin's bio where he was arrested for drunk driving and blowing a 0.12 on the brethalyzer. Oh but he wasn't convicted? Sometimes the justice system is a massive failure - just look at the OJ Simpson case. Does that mean OJ has Character too in the eyes of the Hobey Baker foundation?

Oh, you forgot his second arrest that he was convicted on in a court of law in NoDak as well. What a winner.

Really shows a lot of character to overlook past failures because it's convenient rather than looking at the total athlete's career. He could have killed someone but you'll probably still give him the Hobey - because ****, he can shoot the puck so who cares if he got drunk and drove around. I guess it's cool when athletes do it.

Signed - HighlanderRPI

PS - better hook up a generator to ol' Hobey - make some money off all that spinning, given the rising energy prices

PPS - I'm sure some NoDak homers will say I'm sore because RPI lost to NoDak, but I would be saying this regardless - it's indefensible to drive drunk, sorry
                                I will first say I am not supporting a DUI conviction, however, I am curious. What are your thoughts on Craig McTavish.....Michael Vick? Does prior convictions limit you to being considered for awards where character is not a criteria? Is this an award where you must defend your prior convictions? I have yet to read where that is part of the criteria. I am curious....did any NoDak's bite?
                                Last edited by hockeymascot; 03-30-2011, 07:05 PM.
                                Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Working...
                                X