Did Your Team Improve This Season?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Your Team Improve This Season?...

NCAA bound/not bound.. does not matter.. did your team (fan's opinions).. improve this season compared to last?

Not necessarily just looking at Ws/Ls. We all know hockey is a game of bounces. Good clubs lose 1 goal gms time to time; vice versa.. bad clubs eek out ugly wins occasionally.

Still, overall the fans know when they have a good group/ product on ice..

so - yay or nay ..

Guess i'll go first..

Northeastern Huskies.. 2nd trip to the Hockey East Semis in 3 yrs.. decent tandem of goalies, & overall a fiesty, talented bunch of freshman & sophomores. We were however.. couple wins shy of the NCAA bid. Have good help coming down the road. But talking about this season..

.. team improved? : Yes

Your turn..
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Re: Did Your Team Improve This Season?...

AIC YellowJackets - Improved from the previous year. They were competitive in nearly every regular season game. (2nd Air Force and the Union game were duds)
    They even won some games where they didn't play too inspired. If RIT had an average goaltender, they could have stolen a game in the playoffs.
    What scares me is that they do not have a single player recruited for next year's team. If players think they are really good, then why not come to AIC and help the team turn around, and show just got really good they are. They also need to schedule more OOC games.

Comment

Wisconsin: Did not improve. Went down a peg or two. But, I'd say that was expected.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

RPI

Yes
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

ummmmmmmmmmmmm.................................... ....................................no.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Nope

Comment

I'm a Michigan Tech fan. we don't do this.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

*****http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=646101085162&id=75e056c60b5eedf34b677050d71caab8******

No, seriously...

Comment

NC last year, bounced in the first round in a convincing way this year, so no. Although they did have more r/s wins this season.
                  BEER, Making white men dance since 1858.

Just when these people think they have all the answers, I change the question.

Comment

Results-wise, no, but expected that coming in.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      *****http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=646101085162&id=75e056c60b5eedf34b677050d71caab8******

No, seriously...
                      *****http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs48/i/2009/214/0/9/Smiley_Crashing_Into_Earth_by_garon444.jpg******

WMU- Uh, yeah. Just a bit.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Absolutely!

Merrimack was picked 10th in the 2009 HE coaches' poll, and ended up finishing 7th, up from 9th the season before, and improved from 5-19-3 (9-21-4) to 12-13-2 (16-19-2).

This season that trend continued. Picked to finish 7th in the coaches' poll, Merrimack ended up finishing 4th, earning their first true home ice berth, and appearing in their first Hockey East final before falling to BC. They made their first NCAA appearance since 1988, although disappointingly they lost to eventual NE Regional winner Notre Dame in overtime. They finished the year 16-8-3 in the league and 25-10-4 overall, which is pretty respectable. Only injury to star center Stephane Da Costa late in the season prevented them from finishing higher, as they finished only 1 point behind BU and three behind UNH, and lost three games down the stretch without him in the lineup. With him in Ottawa now, Merrimack has to put a team on the ice that can win without him; but there are some good-looking players coming in.

The losses to BC and ND still sting, and there are still steps left to be taken: still no hardware earned, and still no advance past the NCAA high water mark in '88, when they won two games and one round (to say nothing of Division II league championships and one DII national championship in '78).

Still, it's hard not to be thrilled with the progress from 9 wins to 25 wins over three seasons. The challenge now is how to maintain that level of competitiveness. Hopefully more mentions of Merrimack (no matter how they pronounce it) during NHL broadcasts may help. Heck, Hockey Night in Canada even upgraded us to a University!

(Aside: Hockey East coaches seem to have very little imagination where Merrimack is concerned. They finished 10th in 2007, and the following season the coaches' poll picked them to finish 10th. They finished ninth that season, and the next year's poll picked them 10th. They finished 7th, so the next year's poll picked them... 7th. )
                        Last edited by dmjossel; 04-04-2011, 06:29 AM.

Comment

In a word? No. (UAH)

Comment

On the ice: Effort yes, execution, meh, not so much. Underacheived relative to the talent potential.
                            Off the ice: Unequivocally yes absolutely without at doubt. All Hail Oz.
                            Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

CC - yes. 16 freshmen and sophs on the roster and a trip to the NCAA quarterfinals. Fun season, especially at the end. Can't wait for next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X