Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Michigan OT Goal

Originally posted by Buck 'em View Post
    Says the guy that was wondering why he gets negative rep.
    I would say that you'll learn but you're only going to be in a conference with them for a total of three years. Trust me, they are evil and bitter little trolls. Their hatred of all things Michigan stems from Jed Ortmeyer deciding to leave Omaha for UM years ago.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdilks View Post
      Overhead also shows the puck under his skate and over the line. At this point, I don't think there's really even any indecision about whether or not the puck went in, just people complaining about how they didn't think the video evidence was definitive enough. And even some of those people have changed their tune today once the posted videos allowed them to replay it and pick out the same proof the refs saw yesterday after analyzing for 10 minutes.
      In the 2005 national title game Peter Manino made a glove save where the momentum carried his glove behind the goal line. It was called no goal. With the elevated angle from the other end of the ice you cannot tell if the puck was on the ice or elevated due to parallax.

I will say I have not seen a replay, only the stills posted here, so I can't say for sure if it was the right call or not.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        In the 2005 national title game Peter Manino made a glove save where the momentum carried his glove behind the goal line. It was called no goal. With the elevated angle from the other end of the ice you cannot tell if the puck was on the ice or elevated due to parallax.

I will say I have not seen a replay, only the stills posted here, so I can't say for sure if it was the right call or not.
        So explain this to me, how could the puck be on the ice in one view and not on the other? Simple deductive reasoning should show you that it was a goal.
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

UMICH - our hatred for all things Michigan has much to do with how successful Michigan was against UNO for many years. And, probably more than that, it was the assumption, whether fair or not, that UNO never would get a fair shake against the Wolverines in the CCHA. We were the little guy and were treated as such by many of the McInchaks of the world. Most UNO fans have no idea who you are talking about...seriously. Most UNO fans could really care less about Jed Ortmeyer.

With Dean Blais in charge - I like our chances against Michigan in the future. After all, with the exception of last night's fluke win, Blais owns Berenson. Period.
          If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            So explain this to me, how could the puck be on the ice in one view and not on the other? Simple deductive reasoning should show you that it was a goal.
            All views are elevated and this parallax is a factor. Deductive reasoning can't be used to determine a goal. It must be conclusive.

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I suppose the other reason that Michigan is not appreciated in Omaha has much to do with our home crowd. Whenever Michigan comes to town, every idiot with a Michigan football jersey shows up. Michigan fans living in Omaha come out of the woodwork to show their support, and to attend their first hockey game of their lives. It gets fairly annoying. On the other hand....when North Dakota came to town, the ND fans in Omaha that came out of the woodwork had a clue about the game. They actually were ardent fans of UND hockey.

Comment

All views are elevated and this parallax is a factor. Deductive reasoning can't be used to determine a goal. It must be conclusive.
                So in one shot the puck must be on the ice but the in the other shot the puck could be in the air? I guess that's a Minnesota education...

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
                  I suppose the other reason that Michigan is not appreciated in Omaha has much to do with our home crowd. Whenever Michigan comes to town, every idiot with a Michigan football jersey shows up. Michigan fans living in Omaha come out of the woodwork to show their support, and to attend their first hockey game of their lives. It gets fairly annoying. On the other hand....when North Dakota came to town, the ND fans in Omaha that came out of the woodwork had a clue about the game. They actually were ardent fans of UND hockey.
                  Fair enough, there are an awful lot of part-time Michigan fans. But on this board I'm pretty sure that all Michigan fans are die-hard. Why all the hate towards us?

Comment

Telling you, a lot of the hatred goes back to 12 years of getting spanked by you guys. I'm just thankful that we can now finally put up a fight. It used to be, I would go to a UNO-Wolverine game and hope not to get blown out by 5 goals. Better let you get back to getting ready to watch the regional finals.

Comment

With as large a university as UM is, you have to expect a fair amount of part-time Michigan fans. They are everywhere here in Omaha. No doubts that UM fans that post on boards are die-hard....good luck to you this evening. As a WCHA member, I have to be rooting for CC. Just hope for another good game, and hopefully it doesn't come down to officials.

Comment

Another downfall of the BTHC.....putting up with Minny and Michigan Fans.....God help us.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                          So in one shot the puck must be on the ice but the in the other shot the puck could be in the air? I guess that's a Minnesota education...
                          Reread what I wrote. I have only seen the still pictures posted in this thread. And I never said one angle showed the puck was in the air and one showed it was on the ice. I'm saying that ANY view from an elevated position makes it difficult to determine whether or not the puck is on the ice.

And if you read on you will notice that I also said I don't know if it was the correct call or not since I have just seen the still pictures. (I'd make a snarky comment about Michigan reading comprehension, but I do know several people from there and they can read just fine...so, I'm going to assume it's just you).

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Reread what I wrote. I have only seen the still pictures posted in this thread. And I never said one angle showed the puck was in the air and one showed it was on the ice. I'm saying that ANY view from an elevated position makes it difficult to determine whether or not the puck is on the ice.

And if you read on you will notice that I also said I don't know if it was the correct call or not since I have just seen the still pictures. (I'd make a snarky comment about Michigan reading comprehension, but I do know several people from there and they can read just fine...so, I'm going to assume it's just you).
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRQLZ29WEVU

Doesn't get any clearer than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by RonWolf View Post
                              Another downfall of the BTHC.....putting up with Minny and Michigan Fans.....God help us.
                              UMICH vs. RinkPig battle to the death?

I think everyone wins there.

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMBand View Post
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRQLZ29WEVU

Doesn't get any clearer than that.
                                Yes it does. Watching that I will say it's probably in.

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X