Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Michigan OT Goal

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    In the post game interview Piotrowski clearly stated that only the overhead view was used to make the ruling. No determination could be made from that view so does that make him a liar or stupid?
    Maybe both?
    If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
      I'm going to let it slide that you're upset from a brutal loss, but for christ's sake, this is a message board, get off your "us in the media business" throne. Listen to your own argument, there are no elements of journalism here! I paraphrased using quotation marks for the purposes of underscoring what you said, not for journalistic integrity. This isn't the place for splitting hairs and mincing words. This is a message board!

*****http://i200.***********.com/albums/aa37/fitch256/unomichigan2.jpg******

Nope. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRQLZ...layer_embedded

0:11:
      Color: And that's in the net.
      PxP: Yeah, it is.
      Color: That puck is in the net.

Hey look, I quoted correctly!
      Cool, done deal.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Plante26 View Post
        Conclusive? Hardly. Puck looks like it's in the air to me.

That's OK. Michigan doesn't have a chance against CC.
        Michigan has already beat them this year, and on a neutral sheet. The puck was not in the air, have you not seen all the replays?
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by DtownDogs View Post
          Streaker I don't think people are hating on Michigan here. The rule is the rule for a reason, and the officials lose integrity for the game when they chose to ignore the rules. Was this a goal? Probably. Could the officials see it cross the line? Absolutely not. The monitors the officials use on replay are 16 inches at most. You can blow that far ice camera shot up 100x and still not be certain its in the net, which is a benifit the officials do not have in their replay. Its physically impossible to tell if there is space between the puck and the line with the technology the officials are provided with. By the letter of the law this is not a goal. It is very disappointing to see officials completely disregard the rules set in place for what "probably most likely happened."
          This just proves that all refs are idiots. Refs shouldn't be allowed to "imagine" the puck go over the line. Puck was never visible from any angle that would show it over the line. If it takes over 10 minutes, all the officials including a phone call, then it was not "conclusive" What a joke.
          Bob is making me concerned
          I am the voice of reason

Comment

No horse in this race (heck, I couldn't even decide who to pull for while I was checking the scoreboard), and from what I'm seeing in this thread, it sure looks like a goal to me. Both video and capture, frankly.

If the review would've been over in 30 seconds, people would be complaining that the refs weren't doing their job seriously. Ten minutes, and it must not really be conclusive. When deciding a goal in OT, when that goal is going to be ending somebody's season, I think I'd prefer they took their time.

Maybe someday they'll have some sort of tracking sensor that will eliminate this

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
              If the situation was reversed, I'm quite sure the MI fans would be complaining it was no goal. It's very hard to tell, just a ****ty way to end a game.
              Funny, last year in the Regional Final against Miami it was called no goal, and it was even more clearly in the net. Yes, we were ****ed but just happy to be there. Last year we didn't earn it in the regular season, Hunwick had to play ot of his mind. Last year was fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! No pressure, just fun!
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Would you care to be precise about when exactly the puck decided to sprout wings and fly?

Comment

Originally posted by AKJD View Post
                  Maybe someday they'll have some sort of tracking sensor that will eliminate this
                  FOX glow puck!!!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

I truly enjoyed the ESPNU intermission crew saying that they never saw a good video shot of the play.....they didn't once show the video from the opposite goal, which (imo) clearly showed the puck in the net. I guess it makes better TV to say 'Contoversial Goal sends UM to Regional Finals' than 'OT Goal sends UM to Regional Finals!'

And UM fans, it might not matter, but I'm not sure you can find a Miami fan to say that you deserved the FF last year. Miami got away with one...you know it. Just wanted you to know we know it too. Best of luck today.
                    Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

This argument will rage for another 6 hours until CC destroys UM and renders it moot. If UNO couldn't get past Bemidji, and CC took UND to OT, UNO wasn't getting past CC. And,yes, I was at the Dec. game when UNO beat CC. Different teams now.
                      2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
                      2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
                      Air Force Falcons
                      2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
                      2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
                      2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
                      2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
                      2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

I've always liked Michigan, but from what ESPNU showed me, I have yet to see a definitive shot where you can clearly see the puck completely across the goal line.

Comment

Sir Isaac Newton disagrees with you. Deniers hate physics apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            I've always liked Michigan, but from what ESPNU showed me, I have yet to see a definitive shot where you can clearly see the puck completely across the goal line.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRQLZ...layer_embedded

Comment

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post
                              This argument will rage for another 6 hours until CC destroys UM and renders it moot. If UNO couldn't get past Bemidji, and CC took UND to OT, UNO wasn't getting past CC. And,yes, I was at the Dec. game when UNO beat CC. Different teams now.
                              I'm not guaranteeing victory but Michigan already beat CC this year.

Comment

CC didnt take UND to ot that was DU
                                dash 8
                                what does North Dakota's gov't have that Minnesota won't have? A budget Surplus

Comment

Working...
                                X