Cronin - Parker Spat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cronin - Parker Spat

College Hockey News announces that Hockey East has issued a letter of reprimand to BU's Parker and NU's Cronin for a post - playoff spat. What is that all about?

Re: Cronin - Parker Spat

Link?

Comment

Happened at the end of I believe Game 3 in the QF series. Clowndenning drilled someone at the buzzer for no reason, both teams got a little chippy, the coaches tried to separate it and then Clowndenning started talking crap to Cronin so Cronin got up in his grill and told him to step off.

I can't fault Cronin or Parker that much. If anything Clowndenning should be getting reprimanded.

Pretty week to reprimand these guys now that the season is over. I would have just let it go. Seemed like everyone had already done so by the time press conferences happened. Maybe Bertagna should spend more time evaluating his officials.
      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-24-2011, 12:55 PM.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        College Hockey News announces that Hockey East has issued a letter of reprimand to BU's Parker and NU's Cronin for a post - playoff spat. What is that all about?
        *****http://www.joeschmidt.com/img/einstein-google.jpg******
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Cronin stole Jackie's whiskey to make his muscle-milk shake. Cronin tried to text Parker to apologize but rotary phones can't accept texts so it's floating around cyberspace.

Much ado about nothing.

Comment

What actually happened: http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot....-happened.html

What would've been way more awesome:
            Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            Cronin stole Jackie's whiskey to make his muscle-milk shake. Cronin tried to text Parker to apologize but rotary phones can't accept texts so it's floating around cyberspace.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Jack Parker is a man of one fewer jacket are Cronin stole one? I would feel safer running off with Jerry York's sweater vest or Dick Umiler's turtleneck than one of Jack's jackets.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I was envisioning a bar room brawl. I can't think of any two more volatile coaches in college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Happened at the end of I believe Game 3 in the QF series. Clowndenning drilled someone at the buzzer for no reason, both teams got a little chippy, the coaches tried to separate it and then Clowndenning started talking crap to Cronin so Cronin got up in his grill and told him to step off.

I can't fault Cronin or Parker that much. If anything Clowndenning should be getting reprimanded.

Pretty week to reprimand these guys now that the season is over. I would have just let it go. Seemed like everyone had already done so by the time press conferences happened. Maybe Bertagna should spend more time evaluating his officials.
                  ..good post.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Maybe Jackie ratted Cronin out to the NCAA too?
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Nope.. the U. (as in Northeastern), did that all by itself.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

basically clendening was attacking NU players after the game was over because one of them told him 'smaby next year'. Cronin freaked out when he saw clendening's thuggery, ripped off his shirt, grabbed clendoochenoozle and yelled 'YOU LACK DISCIPLINE!'... When Parker saw this he put down his flask, rolled up his sleeves and said 'what just a don garn minute, if anyone is gonna put one of these whipper snappers over their knee, its gonna be me.' At that point, Rogie could be seen running out of the arena in tears screaming 'why dont they ever let me spank the recruits?'
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                          basically clendening was attacking NU players after the game was over because one of them told him 'smaby next year'. Cronin freaked out when he saw clendening's thuggery, ripped off his shirt, grabbed clendoochenoozle and yelled 'YOU LACK DISCIPLINE!'... When Parker saw this he put down his flask, rolled up his sleeves and said 'what just a don garn minute, if anyone is gonna put one of these whipper snappers over their knee, its gonna be me.' At that point, Rogie could be seen running out of the arena in tears screaming 'why dont they ever let me spank the recruits?'
                          winning
                          awesome!
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

All joking aside, Cronin physically grabbed an opposing player. I would think that's a big no-no but hey, it seems like that happened long ago now. I don't think the reprimand was necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                              All joking aside, Cronin physically grabbed an opposing player. I would think that's a big no-no but hey, it seems like that happened long ago now. I don't think the reprimand was necessary.
                              Definitely not necessary. Agree that Cronin crossed the line but clendening should keep his mouth shut especially considering he didn't know what Cronin was talking to the ref about

Comment

Working...
                              X