Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Ten Hockey Conference Pt III - Revenge of the Sith.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Hockey Conference Pt III - Revenge of the Sith.

Originally posted by 7&7 View Post
    I apologize if this has already been asked, I tried looking through this 3-part behemoth of a thread and could not find it.
    In the event that Wisconsin wins either the Broadmor or the Mcnaughton in their last WCHA year, do the rest of us have to go looking for a new trophy? (the same applies for MINN, but given the contract extension and the comfort-ability with mediocrity at the U i don't see this as a problem with them)
    No, they'll have to give the trophy back. The trophies belong to the WCHA. The Big 10 will have it's own trophies, or plaques, or whatever.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by 7&7 View Post
      I apologize if this has already been asked, I tried looking through this 3-part behemoth of a thread and could not find it.
      In the event that Wisconsin wins either the Broadmor or the Mcnaughton in their last WCHA year, do the rest of us have to go looking for a new trophy? (the same applies for MINN, but given the contract extension and the comfort-ability with mediocrity at the U i don't see this as a problem with them)
      No, they would be returned to the WCHA (more specifically MTU and CC) as they are the "owners" of the trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        If you don't realize that there is an inherent rivalry between Minnesota/Wisconsin and Michigan/Michigan State you are nuts. The rivalries will come very easy.
        The rivalry between MN and MI is somewhere below that of MN and WI or UND and in the range of UMD or DU. The rivalry between MN and MSU is somewhere in the range of Mankato. Today.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          No, they'll have to give the trophy back. The trophies belong to the WCHA. The Big 10 will have it's own trophies, or plaques, or whatever.
          There will be two divisions: Legends and Leaders

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
            All eyes seem to be on Notre Dame now.
            There's the "Domino Effect" quote again. Everytime an insider like Penn State's AD or in this case JJ talks, it comes up.

Clearly ND is going to make a move or else he would not have to worry about the fate of LSSU.

Notre Dame was always the key. I'm hoping they come west with Miami and form a 6 or 8 team league.

Domino Effect Theory

Big Ten ===> Western Power Conference ===> Hockey East to Drop 2 weaklings ===> Minnesotacentric conference ====> Michigancentric Conference ===> AHA & ECAC to form 3 conferences out of remains

8 Autobids for NCAA Tourney
            Last edited by dggoddard; 03-25-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
              There's the "Domino Effect" quote again. Everytime an insider like Penn State's AD or in this case JJ talks, it comes up.

Clearly ND is going to make a move or else he would not have to worry about the fate of LSSU.

Notre Dame was always the key. I'm hoping they come west with Miami and form a 6 or 8 team league.
              I hope you're not one who's concerned with the welfare of the smaller programs and their ability to survive as it seems that what you're hoping for would seemingly be the kill shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                I hope you're not one who's concerned with the welfare of the smaller programs and their ability to survive as it seems that what you're hoping for would seemingly be the kill shot.
                I don't have any say in what is going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                  Notre Dame was always the key.
                  I still think nodak is the key to everything. If they don't want to leave the other mn schools, nothing will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    The Big 10 will have it's own trophies, or plaques, or whatever.
                    Yep. For example, the winner of the Big Ten regular season title will get the entire hockey program at Michigan Tech. The conference tournament winner gets Mankato.
                    Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      The rivalry between MN and MSU is somewhere in the range of Mankato. Today.
                      Aren't they the same?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Maybe Notre Dame should invite LSSU to be co-hosts of their tournement in Chicago perhaps?
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Plante26 View Post
                          Yep. For example, the winner of the Big Ten regular season title will get the entire hockey program at Michigan Tech. The conference tournament winner gets Mankato.
                          No one would want to touch that regular season trophy...
                          I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

Originally posted by Plante26 View Post
                            No one would want to touch that regular season trophy...
                            I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

Clearly Miami, who had to cut $18,000 from their hockey budget because of funding cuts to the athletic department is going to jump at the chance to fly out to Colorado twice a year. They'll add some more slaughterhouse games for the football program, and when the Big Ten coincidentally goes to a 9 game season for football and limits chances for MAC schools to get destroyed for paychecks 4 times close to home, they'll just drop the football program so you can fap over your "Anti-Big Ten hockey conference" that on a map looks like the CHA.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                Clearly Miami, who had to cut $18,000 from their hockey budget because of funding cuts to the athletic department is going to jump at the chance to fly out to Colorado twice a year.
                                Not only that, but look at all of Miami's travel in a league "out west:"

Colorado College - 1138 miles, 19.5 hours
                                Denver - 1167 miles, 19.5 hours
                                Nebraska Omaha - 696 miles, 12 hours
                                North Dakota - 987 miles, 18 hours
                                Minnesota-Duluth - 734 miles, 13 hours
                                St. Cloud State - 738 miles, 13 hours

Yikes...
                                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                                ECAC:
                                HEA: UMass
                                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Working...
                                X