Big Ten retaliation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    52 > 6 no matter how you slice it. It's time to stand up against the hegemony. The immediate formation of the MSHA (Morally Superior Hockey Association) amongst the 52 non-B1G schools can accomplish that. Even just a loose confederation of the 52 with an unspoken and unwritten agreement to not schedule these hockey schools in ANY games and you'll put these bastiges in their place.

Let them play each other independently 8 times a year. Sure there'll probably be some scab school that would break the trust of the MSHA but DU can be dealt with later. As long as the other 51 stick together they can collectively ensure the health and well-being for the greater good of all.
    Just six weeks ago, you didn't care if they left. Now you want them blackballed? Troll.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Re: Big Ten retaliation

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      Just six weeks ago, you didn't care if they left. Now you want them blackballed? Troll.

Your inability to purchase a sense of humor will forever doom you to red status ... dorfman.

Last edited by uaafanblog; 03-23-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

I haven't seen this much hate directed at Minnesota in a few years. It's nice to see the formation of a conference has brought back the animosity that has been noticeably absent during the last four mediocre seasons. Thank you, Big Ten!

Comment

Also ... let's give them Don Adam and Todd Anderson at minimum. They'll need "experienced" referees right? Feel free to poach Klosowski and Buerline and Thul as well.

Comment

quick "newbie" type of question. What does the green/red bars under the user name mean?

Comment

Also ... let's give them Don Adam and Todd Anderson at minimum. They'll need "experienced" referees right? Feel free to poach Klosowski and Buerline and Thul as well.
              I will tell Buerline what you think of him.
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

52 > 6 no matter how you slice it. It's time to stand up against the hegemony. The immediate formation of the MSHA (Morally Superior Hockey Association) amongst the 52 non-B1G schools can accomplish that. Even just a loose confederation of the 52 with an unspoken and unwritten agreement to not schedule these hockey schools in ANY games and you'll put these bastiges in their place.

Let them play each other independently 8 times a year. Sure there'll probably be some scab school that would break the trust of the MSHA but DU can be dealt with later. As long as the other 51 stick together they can collectively ensure the health and well-being for the greater good of all. Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no we didn't, we got our best scientists together and spitefully nuked Berlin!

"Never underestimate the emotional satisfaction of cutting off the evil hand that feeds you" - Che
                "If you gotta live on rice, you gotta live on rice" - Mao
                "Borscht from the Oligarchy tastes like urine" - Marx
                except, of course, all the schools the Big Ten teams have helped out over the years. I don't know about the State of Michigan, but without Minnesota's help, how many of the other MN teams would have made it into the wcha to begin with? maybe none.
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                  The WCHA will mostlikely stay at 10 teams, they only way I could see that changing is if ND or Miami want to join. Even if that doesn't happen I could see 2 schools easily folding with in ten years in BGSU and LSSU
                  LSSU just started a 5 million dollar renovation/addition to their hockey facilities....trust me this university's hockey program is the lifeblood of this very small school and isn't going anywhere, LSSU would close its doors as a university before they got rid of the D1 hockey program, you can take that to the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                    quick "newbie" type of question. What does the green/red bars under the user name mean?
                    It's your reputation. It changes color based on how inflamitory, uninformed, and annoying the other posters here feel your posts are. Also trolling usually does a good job in changing it to red.
                    This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                    www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

well the Nanook blew up Ohio State and Michigan State.. and that was BEFORE they left the CCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
                        LSSU just started a 5 million dollar renovation/addition to their hockey facilities....trust me this university's hockey program is the lifeblood of this very small school and isn't going anywhere, LSSU would close its doors as a university before they got rid of the D1 hockey program, you can take that to the bank.

as a taxpayer in Michigan, either one works for me

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          except, of course, all the schools the Big Ten teams have helped out over the years. I don't know about the State of Michigan, but without Minnesota's help, how many of the other MN teams would have made it into the wcha to begin with? maybe none.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                            I would agree with this. And those 5 schools would be in enough of a bind that they might even be willing to go to Alabama to get those games in. Personally, I would have to think UAH is really hoping some insainly rich booster at say Kentucky, Tennessee or Vandy wants to see NCAA hocky soon. Any one of those schools would be a good name to market to any of the other schools in the CCHA.
                            I vote Kentucky!!!! Hubba hubba hubba! I think Kentucky could fund their own D-I hockey program off those posters alone
                            Michigan Hockey Net
                            Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

This is a great idea. I'd like to also give them Brad "Baby" Shepard. He has short man's disease and always has to be the center of attention. He can't go a game without making at least 5 bad calls. Let's send him to the Big Ten Conference as well.

Comment

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
                                I vote Kentucky!!!! Hubba hubba hubba! I think Kentucky could fund their own D-I hockey program off those posters alone
                                One of the reasons why I suggested them. They might be dumb hicks down there playing hockey, but **** it, they know how to market a product.

Hell, you could argue thats the picture of Miss Judd that started the whole trend of hot women wearing jersey's and a smile.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X