PDA

View Full Version : The First College Hockey iPhone App!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

cowbellguy
04-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Don't forget you can get live scores and news from the Frozen Four! And make sure you update to 1.0.1 for better reliability.

theprofromdover
04-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Don't forget you can get live scores and news from the Frozen Four! And make sure you update to 1.0.1 for better reliability.

Thanks for your effort. I'd willingly pay for this.

cowbellguy
10-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Version 1.1 of the CHN iPhone App is now available. In addition to lots of bug fixes, it now includes rosters for all teams, a game detail screen that includes live scoring information and rosters for each team, as well as rewritten team, pairwise, and standings views. And there's more to come soon!

http://salsashark.com/chnapp

jml42691
10-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Update looks great so far, have run into a bug that causes the app to crash when selecting favorite teams, but it hasn't been persistent. The scoring details is a nice feature, another helpful feature could possibly be similar updates for penalties.

Looking forward to using it heavily next weekend! Thanks again for a great app!

PcFriars13
10-11-2011, 08:40 AM
It keeps crashing when I try to select favorite teams--also after I selected one team from Hockey East as my "favorite" it wouldn't let me see any other teams in that conference.

However, apart from that the app is fantastic!

cowbellguy
10-11-2011, 09:28 AM
I can't seem to reproduce the crash, but I'll keep trying. If you upgraded from a previous version, you might want to try deleting the app and reinstalling it.

Penalties are definitely on the agenda in a full box score view.

fangers
10-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Nice app, thanks for your efforts.

Skeeterman
10-11-2011, 11:35 AM
It's a great app. Yesterday I deleted it and re-installed, as it wouldn't list the schedules for this season. Now it works great again.

huskiesfan1990
10-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but you should make a version for Droid. It would be so much easier than trying to use the browser on my phone to access USCHO or the WCHA's mobile site.

aparch
12-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Just installed the newest update, and clicking "teams" causes the app to crash. 2nd generation iPod touch. 4.2 iOS.

Worked fine before the update.

MinnesotaNorthStar
12-04-2011, 02:20 AM
Just installed the newest update, and clicking "teams" causes the app to crash. 2nd generation iPod touch. 4.2 iOS.

Worked fine before the update.I also have an iPod Touch and I can't even get it to completely launch before it just closes. Worked fine until I updated as well.

EDIT:I have iOS 4.2.1

Dude Love
12-04-2011, 02:24 AM
I got the update and works fine...except the red pin alert for the final score won't go away regardless of what I click on.

state of hockey
12-04-2011, 02:34 AM
Not to beat a dead horse, but you should make a version for Droid. It would be so much easier than trying to use the browser on my phone to access USCHO or the WCHA's mobile site.

Not gonna happen when an apple snob makes the app.

cowbellguy
12-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Sorry about the problems with 1.2. There was a bug introduced right before I submitted it that causes it to crash on iOS 4. That (and the notification badge issue) were fixed in an update I submitted Saturday night. Hopefully it will be approved by the end of the week. Updating to iOS 5 will also allow it to work.

KnightsOfTheRound
12-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Just wanted to say I love this app. Thanks for producing it. :)

aparch
12-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Sorry about the problems with 1.2. There was a bug introduced right before I submitted it that causes it to crash on iOS 4. That (and the notification badge issue) were fixed in an update I submitted Saturday night. Hopefully it will be approved by the end of the week. Updating to iOS 5 will also allow it to work.Thanks for the quick response! I think the issue was with the rosters, as the app seemed to crash when trying to load/refresh them. Upgrading to iOS 5.x isn't an option for those of us with first/second generation iPod Touches. :( (Old hardware that Apple has stopped supporting/upgrading)

The app is definitely great to use! Thank you for the hard work on it!

cowbellguy
12-06-2011, 02:45 PM
At the risk of embarrassment, I'll tell you what the bug was. ;)

There's a new "Alerts" button on the Teams view that brings up the preferences for notifications and alerts. One of the last things I did was give the button a blue tint. Apparently that method was new in iOS 5 and I never tested it in iOS 4 after making the change. Stupid reason, but there it is...

As for what's up next, game lines are being parsed on the server, so I'll be showing actual lines instead of rosters (when available). Head-to-head team comparisons will also be in the next version. After that (but probably not the next release) I'll be working on full (live) box scores. And if you have requests or suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Red Cloud
12-06-2011, 02:53 PM

Well, perhaps someone with superior skills will come along and create an app for the superior platform. It's obvious cowbellguy just can't do it.

PcFriars13
12-06-2011, 03:19 PM
I LOVE the app! It's so good. I can't wait to see where you go with it.

cowbellguy
12-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Well, perhaps someone with superior skills will come along and create an app for the superior platform. It's obvious cowbellguy just can't do it.

Program in an archaic language for a fragmented hardware base on the wild west of operating systems? Sure I could, but why would I want to? Maybe after I've added everything I can think of on the iPhone side and had time on my hands, sure. But don't hold your breath.