Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know anything about Penn State?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone know anything about Penn State?

I thought it was a blue stripe?

Comment

it's the place to go to get a great deal on an RV.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Outside of the two verbals there will not be one player from the Icers playing division one hockey.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Paging Happy... Paging Happy...

I'm sure he'd tell you in which direction they're going.
          It's a tough call, but this thread is going down the tubes. you can quote me on that. it's a tougher call with Penn State themselves, since they don't' even have a team, but I think I can say their first season will be tubular.
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
            It's a tough call, but this thread is going down the tubes. you can quote me on that. it's a tougher call with Penn State themselves, since they don't' even have a team, but I think I can say their first season will be tubular.
            All within two days of the B1G announcement and about 18 months until varsity hockey returns to Happy Valley. Gawd, it's going to be a long, bumpy ride!

Oh, BTW - it will be John Dufford, a member of the 39-40 Penn State team, who will be 92 when he drops the ceremonial first puck at the Pegula Ice Arena.
            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Another article from PSU Sports about the B1G talks about teams they might play in 2012-13 and 2013-14.

Battista said he has already begun negotiations with several teams throughout D-I hockey to fill not only the 14 non-conference games in 2013, but the entire 2012 independent season. Those schools include Connecticut, Holy Cross, Army, Air Force, RIT, Alabama-Huntsville, Princeton and Cornell.

He said he has also touched base with Michigan State and Wisconsin about potential matchups during the 2012 season.

“We had to establish a lot of home-and-home deals where we play away games with these teams in 2012 and then they come to State College in 2013 for the Pegula Arena’s inaugural season,” Battista said.

Penn State will also be playing the USA National Development team the first few years, which Battista said includes a four-game slate in the Nittany Lions’ first season.

“The reason for that is scheduling non-conference games in the second semester is difficult,” Battista said. “Most teams have a full schedule of league matchups that we have had to work around as an independent. On top of that, they are a great source of potential recruiting for [Penn State].”

Battista said Penn State will also look into scheduling agreements with the already established CCHA and WCHA to fill the remaining games.

“There are a lot of options out there,” Battista said. “It’s our first time going through this so we are trying to be flexible. We’ll make sure the scheduling is mutually beneficial.”
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Their marching band uses flip folders and is not very good. What more needs to be known?
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Chris Heisenberg's list shows four more recruits for PSU bringing the total to six.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

They really needed to have a coach in place last season... they are SO far behind it is scary

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Wow! The B1G is already trying to emulate the NHL?!?

(Shouldn't the colors be reversed?)
                      They have no clue on hockey uni's, they are just doing what their football team does. They don't know any better.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Chris Heisenberg's list shows four more recruits for PSU bringing the total to six.
                        Here they are.
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          It's in Pennsylvania.
                          They don't know anything about hockey. Perennial cellar dwellers.
                          Bob is making me concerned
                          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Working...
                          X