My Team's Out, So I'm Cheering for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Team's Out, So I'm Cheering for...

Please only respond if your squad did not make the dance. Then please let us know who you cheer for normally, and who you're pulling for in the NCAA tournament.

I know that I CERTAINLY do not speak for the SCSU fan base, but I for one will the rest of the way be cheering "Sioux Yeah Yeah!"
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: My Team's Out, So I'm Cheering for...

I'll throw my hat in for DU if only because it's next to the place I got my Masters degree and I went to some games there "back when."

Comment

SCSU fan. Will be cheering for DU and CC.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Any one of the fine candidates from Hockey East of course..
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

1. Merrimack (One of my best friends is a student so I'll be happy for them but I'll also be extremely jealous)
          2. BC
          3. UNH

Comment

1. Union
            2. Yale
            3. Boston College
            4. Merrimack
            Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

I think my affiliation is apparent in my username. I will be pulling for the other Michigan directional school in college hockey--WMU. It would be cool to see Merrimack do well, too.
              Always a Wildcat...
              Originally posted by Kepler
              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Cheering for tUMD. Go Dogs!
                Most victories- Minnesota (1,526)

Most Tourney Victories- Minnesota (49)

30 tourney appearances

19 frozen fours

16 straight post season victories ended on 3-28-04 by tUMD. (This sig was edited for BC06!)

Comment

I think I speak for all BU fans when I say that they will all be pulling EXTREMELY hard for BC to win the title again this year!

BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                  National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                  Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

I'll root for the conference, though in reality BC is probably the only team who has a realistic shot at going the distance. The Mack could come out of Manchester, it'd be really nice to see them reach the big show, but I have trouble seeing them going all the way. UNH? HA! Also wouldn't mind seeing an ECAC team not named Yale make a run. But really, anyone betting against York in the playoffs is a dam fool. I hate saying that.
                    time to write new history

Comment

1. RPI
                      2. tUMD (if only to make sure their fanbase makes the F4, as they are loads of fun)
                      3. Air Force

Other than that? Don't really care at this point.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                        But really, anyone betting against York in the playoffs is a dam fool. I hate saying that.
                        Thinking about making this my sig.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I'm a Brown fan and I'd like to see Union and/or Merrimack do well.

We bottom-dwellers have to stick together!

Comment

Colorado College is my team then the winner of Michigan/UNO haha but seriously I would like to see Miami win it after what we did to them in 09.
                            GO BU

Comment

Obvious who I cheer for, but I'll go

1. UMD (2nd favorite team after UMN)
                              2. RPI (only because I feel bad I was cheering against them to lose to Colgate earlier this month for Minnesota's benefit)
                              3. Anyone but UND, BC, or another powerhouse program

Comment

Working...
                              X