Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Well, sort of. It's not like it's a $100,000 raise, but we all knew that Tech can't afford that. Still, that's not bad.
    Don't forget the bonus clauses. The clinics, etc.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Assuming he wanted the job, his buyout would be massive as was just mentioned.
      Of course if he "retires" from UNO, then that would be waived. Then he suddenly feels the urge to coach again the following month, ala Brett Favre.

Ryan J
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by buffer side View Post
        Not sure if Eades, Blais or Rolston are the guys or not, but I do know that Tech is willing to pay the "right coach" 150-175K a year plus benefits. Which shows that Tech is serious this time around.
        Based on 2009-2010 (mostly) data $150-175k is where we need to be...we need to get into the middle third of the WCHA and Sandy is bound to get a raise after winning the NC.
        Code:
        Name			School			 Salary 	Year
        Dean Blais		Nebraska Omaha		 $250,000.00 	2010-2011		
        Don Lucia		Minnesota		 $241,412.58 	2009-2010		
        Mike Eaves		Wisconsin		 $236,005.00 	2009-2010		
        Dave Hakstol		North Dakota		 $210,000.00 	2009-2010		
        George Gwozdecky	Denver			 $190,000.00 	Estimate		
        Bob Motzko		St Cloud State		 $174,135.98 	2009-2010		
        Scott Owens		Colorado College	 $167,000.00 	Estimate			
        Troy Jutting		Minnesota State		 $159,529.86 	2009-2010		
        Scott Sandelin		Minnesota Duluth	 $150,240.63 	2009-2010			
        Tom Serratore		Bemidji State		 $131,765.64 	2009-2010		
        Jamie Russell		Michigan Tech		 $121,178.00 	2009-2010		
        Dave Shyiak		Alaska Anchorage	 $110,000.00 	2009-2010
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Agreed totally. Personally 175 is the minimum.
          I think Tech needs to ditch mitch lake. Lets hire John Keating instead.

Comment

Originally posted by buffer side View Post
            Not sure if Eades, Blais or Rolston are the guys or not, but I do know that Tech is willing to pay the "right coach" 150-175K a year plus benefits. Which shows that Tech is serious this time around.
            1 Rolston
            2 Guentzel
            3 Pearson
            Last edited by yooper(UP) hockey; 04-14-2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
              1 Blais
              2 Rolston
              3 Eades

Where is Rud and Guentzal? I hear Penn State has narrowed search to 15 coaches.
              Guentzel! Blais is not on the list, I don't care what KFAN said...Rolston more than likely will not apply. The list is:
              1 Pearson
              2 Eades
              3 Rud
              4 Guentzel
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Guentzel! Blais is not on the list, I don't care what KFAN said...Rolston more than likely will not apply. The list is:
                1 Pearson
                2 Eades
                3 Rud
                4 Guentzel
                Apparently UML is close to hiring someone as the job posting is no longer there.

Comment

1 Pearson
                  2 Eades
                  3 Rud
                  4 Guentzel
                  Did Eades apply?

Comment

Did Eades apply?
                    The only person I know of that has definitely applied is Scott Bell.

Comment

1 Pearson
                      2 Eades
                      3 Rud
                      4 Guentzel
                      Why do you feel Rolston will not apply? Also, didnt he apply UML job?

Comment

Why do you feel Rolston will not apply? Also, didnt he apply UML job?
                        Because I have heard he isn't interested in returning to Michigan Tech from multiple sources.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          Once we're cleaning house, Tech needs to get rid of Dirk and hire Bruce Martyn.
                          Actually Dirk does his voice pretty well. never mind.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            Based on what I've heard about Keating, they might have a hard time getting him out of the bar and up to the arena.

Comment

Interesting rumor; may do well with talented players.

http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtop...c7c37a3935a626

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                                Interesting rumor; may do well with talented players.

http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtop...c7c37a3935a626
                                Wouldn't surprise me at all, I've also heard him mentioned as a possible Assistant for the new Penn State team.

Comment

Working...
                                X