Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeast Regional: Miami, Merrimack, Notre Dame, UNH

Discuss.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Re: Northeast Regional: Miami, Merrimack, Notre Dame, UNH

I would drive up to watch but not for 77.00. Miami is playing well right now and I take MC over ND. I see a Miami/MC matchup in the final.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
      I would drive up to watch but not for 77.00. Miami is playing well right now and I take MC over ND. I see a Miami/MC matchup in the final.
      The people who set the prices think hockey is recession proof. Wish I lived in St Louis. Two-day package is the same price as one day at Hockey East.

Comment

UNH/ Miami will be like it was 4 (?) years ago....close game and hopefully UNH will play their game better this time....as we saw in October, both teams are pretty equal so it will be who shows up and plays their best.......Merrimack can take ND easily since they played BC so well, only need 60 minutes this time!

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
          UNH/ Miami will be like it was 4 (?) years ago....close game and hopefully UNH will play their game better this time....as we saw in October, both teams are pretty equal so it will be who shows up and plays their best.......Merrimack can take ND easily since they played BC so well, only need 60 minutes this time!
          The same Notre Dame team that beat BC earlier this year? If Merrimack is overlooking them as much as their fans that's just hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
            as we saw, both teams are pretty equal in October
            Sorry, had to rearrange your post. UNH is not playing anywhere near as well now, to say that they are "pretty equal" to Miami.
            113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

UNH will choke again. Like always!!! I think Merrimack will come out. Miami loses again in final. They must hate Manchester!!!

Comment

I'd say Miami and Merrimack are the favorites in the first round and Miami's the favorite to win the regional. That said, nothing would surprise me here. All of these teams are pretty strong and no "upset" would be even close to a shock. I've seen Merrimack, Notre Dame and UNH play at least three times each this season, and Merrimack has definitely impressed me the most. I haven't seen Miami in person yet this year, but they certainly look like the most impressive team on paper.

Big question for Merrimack is whether or not Chris Barton will be back. He's their second leading scorer, but he missed the games at the Garden this weekend with a lower body injury. Sounds like he's day-to-day.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I'll be watching the games on the "U". As my team BC got sent out west. It is what it is. Happens to one or 2 teams every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    I'd say Miami and Merrimack are the favorites in the first round and Miami's the favorite to win the regional. That said, nothing would surprise me here. All of these teams are pretty strong and no "upset" would be even close to a shock. I've seen Merrimack, Notre Dame and UNH play at least three times each this season, and Merrimack has definitely impressed me the most. I haven't seen Miami in person yet this year, but they certainly look like the most impressive team on paper.

Big question for Merrimack is whether or not Chris Barton will be back. He's their second leading scorer, but he missed the games at the Garden this weekend with a lower body injury. Sounds like he's day-to-day.
                    well, with Miele only scoring about 3 ppg and Camper at 2ppg against the better competition, I have a good idea that Barton is not the key to Merrimack's success.

Someone has to get into Canatta's head quick to get him to stop leaving rebounds of almost every single shot right in the low slot.... and to stop letting in softie after softie. Maine and UNH did not seem to understand that having a trailer to clean up the rebounds might be a good idea... Jerry got it.... and I have a good idea that Rico might get that too... (unless Jackson saw it first and Merrimack does not even get to the final)

As goes Canatta, so goes the Mack.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                      well, with Miele only scoring about 3 ppg and Camper at 2ppg against the better competition, I have a good idea that Barton is not the key to Merrimack's success.

Someone has to get into Canatta's head quick to get him to stop leaving rebounds of almost every single shot right in the low slot.... and to stop letting in softie after softie. Maine and UNH did not seem to understand that having a trailer to clean up the rebounds might be a good idea... Jerry got it.... and I have a good idea that Rico might get that too... (unless Jackson saw it first and Merrimack does not even get to the final)

As goes Canatta, so goes the Mack.
                      I didn't say Barton was the key to Mack's success. I said he was a question mark. I agree that Cannata will have to be Mack's best player if they're going to make the Frozen Four.

Comment

As a BC fan, other than for selfish reasons of being able to go to the games, I am kind of glad BC is not in with this group. 4 of their 7 losses are here, and Miami has a bigger desire than anyone to shake off those losses to BC in past years. No way that one of these teams sees BC until the Championship game now.

Comment

This one is wide open IMO.

No one is talking about ND. They didn't look great vs. Michigan yesterday. But considering you have two of the worst coaches in NCAA tourney history in this bracket (Umiliate and Enrico "BC can't skate with us" Blasi), I have to think ND and Jeff Jackson have more of a chance than people are giving them.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Cheep tickets

I've been looking around for 1 day tickets, but I can't find anything cheaper than outrageous. Does anyone know the best options for students and alum who are not in the red and white club to buy tickets?

Comment

Is there a bus line that connects the UNH campus and Manchester? Concord Trailways and Greyhound go to Boston, layover, then to Manchester.

Comment

Working...
                              X