Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: Miami, Merrimack, Notre Dame, UNH

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    with all due respect but did you watch either of the games this past weekend? lol

They are capable but man those are bold statements to make after they got beat up this past weekend.
    Sure, and they stunk up the joint, but they had nothing much to play for. Also they stunk at times during the regular season, but at times they were terrific too. So personally I expect them to have a good game, though I expect Merrimack to win.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      Sure, and they stunk up the joint, but they had nothing much to play for. Also they stunk at times during the regular season, but at times they were terrific too. So personally I expect them to have a good game, though I expect Merrimack to win.
      They had nothing to play for?!?!?!? Just the CCHA Tournament Championship, the first night. Granted, the consolation was different, but that's kind of a silly thing to say in regards to both nights. But even in the consolation game, there could have been NCAA seeding at stake. I'm a huge Irish football fan so I would be cheering for ND if they were playing anyone else, but that is kind of a silly excuse.

Comment

Where does it say they will be shooting twice at that end?

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
          They had nothing to play for?!?!?!? Just the CCHA Tournament Championship, the first night. Granted, the consolation was different, but that's kind of a silly thing to say in regards to both nights. But even in the consolation game, there could have been NCAA seeding at stake. I'm a huge Irish football fan so I would be cheering for ND if they were playing anyone else, but that is kind of a silly excuse.
          Well good point, but seems to me hard to get up for the games when you are already in, especially the second night.
          So you mean that because it's Merrimack it's a foregone conclusion that might not otherwise be so against say Yale or Union?
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
            Where does it say they will be shooting twice at that end?
            Look at the benches.

Comment

Look at the benches.
              Okay, didn't see that. I guess the "home" bench for at least that game is the "visitor" bench for Monarchs games.

Comment

Okay, didn't see that. I guess the "home" bench for at least that game is the "visitor" bench for Monarchs games.
                It took me a few glances to finally catch onto that, as well. I've never been to a Monarchs game there. Just been to Regionals there and a UNH-Maine game.

Comment

Merrimack, the home team in game number two, will be shooting twice on 101.
                  Which most likely means, that Miami will be defending that section twice.

I remember at least in the DC regional when Miami was the "home" team against Bemidji, they had the same bench as when they were the "away" team against BU. Their little way of trying to keep the #1 and #2 teams on the same side of the ice both games I guess for ticket sales purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                    That had zero to do with it. The NCAA could care less about manchesters st. patrick day party. Its all about TV and espn wanted the games on later in the day. Same thing that happened last year in Ft. Wayne, its all what the NCAA and ESPN want they don't care about anything else.
                    When the Arena bid on the regional, they have the option to bid for specific dates/times (Fri Sat v. Sat Sun). In years past Manchester had always pushed for the earlier game on Sunday, but this year they knew about the parade, and pushed for the later game. Your statement that it had "zero" to do with it isn't accurate.

Having said that, I am sure the NC$$ doesn't care about Manchester's St Patricks Day. The people in charge of the building, who want to continue to host every other year, want the fan experience to be top notch, so that included the thought process about downtown being packed with drunken Irish wanna-bes, and pushing for the 8pm game on Sunday.

Will you be in attendance this weekend?
                    I haven't been on here in a year...
                    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's the way it was for the '09 regionals. We were sitting in 101, and UNH defended that net twice in both games. I'm pretty sure, though, that Ohio State defended (well, technically) that net twice, as well though.

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                      Which most likely means, that Miami will be defending that section twice.

I remember at least in the DC regional when Miami was the "home" team against Bemidji, they had the same bench as when they were the "away" team against BU. Their little way of trying to keep the #1 and #2 teams on the same side of the ice both games I guess for ticket sales purposes.
                      I have to imagine the home bench doesn't change, but the home team does. Miami was the higher seed against BSU, but lower against BU (I'm not 100% sure on that, but my guess is that's the case).
                      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                      -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                        I'm pretty sure that's the way it was for the '09 regionals. We were sitting in 101, and UNH defended that net twice in both games. I'm pretty sure, though, that Ohio State defended (well, technically) that net twice, as well though.

I have to imagine the home bench doesn't change, but the home team does. Miami was the higher seed against BSU, but lower against BU (I'm not 100% sure on that, but my guess is that's the case).
                        now that makes sense. i had no clue why the manchester regional was the late game and the GB regional was the early. Didnt make much sense to me obviously.

Comment

They had nothing to play for?!?!?!? But even in the consolation game, there could have been NCAA seeding at stake. I'm a huge Irish football fan so I would be cheering for ND if they were playing anyone else, but that is kind of a silly excuse.
                          Actually, when UAA lost the day before ND played, they were in. Before that there was a 99.9962% chance they were in.
                          "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                            Actually, when UAA lost the day before ND played, they were in. Before that there was a 99.9962% chance they were in.
                            That and uhhhh, Michigan is a **** good team. It was a 4-2 game. ND outshot them almost 2 to 1 if I remember. I didnt see the game but it doesn't look like ND played poorly.

Comment

According to the northeast regional manual:

"Team Benches. Team benches will be assigned after reviewing placement of institution tickets for each
                              team. When possible, a team shall be placed directly in front of or across from its ticketed allotment. If
                              each team competing in a game has its ticket allotment at the same end of the ice, the team that has
                              tickets assigned directly behind the bench shall be assigned to it."

and it goes on to say:

"Location. The No. 1 and No. 2 seeds should be assigned to the two corners opposite the team benches.
                              When referencing a seating diagram, the No. 1 seed should be assigned to the upper right corner and
                              the No. 2 seed should be assigned to the upper left corner. The No. 3 and No. 4 seeds should be
                              assigned to the two corners on the same side of the arena as the team benches. The No. 3 seed should
                              be assigned to the lower right corner and the No. 4 seed should be assigned to the lower left corner.
                              For the semifinals, this will allow for the two teams facing each other to be assigned to opposite corners
                              of the facility."

Comment

• Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                                That had zero to do with it. The NCAA could care less about manchesters st. patrick day party. Its all about TV and espn wanted the games on later in the day. Same thing that happened last year in Ft. Wayne, its all what the NCAA and ESPN want they don't care about anything else.
                                You are correct about the NCAA not caring about a parade but the city does have the power to say when an event will or will not take place. So in reality, its more like the city of manchester doesn't care what time the NCAA want to start. I don't believe this was an issue though because like you said, its all about television revenue and 8pm on a Sunday is probably the ideal start time for maximum viewers

Comment

Working...
                                X