Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeast Regional: Miami, Merrimack, Notre Dame, UNH

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    instead of being confused with Blasi bashing, you ARE confused if you are bashing Cannata (Canada) , signed, "just another a-hole BC fan"
    no way, you're the exception, you go out of your way to make up for the db'ness of the fans of the school you support, a class act supporter of a class program/coach, its too bad there aren't many more like you on here!

and I agree, when he's on, there are no better goaltenders than Cannata

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      Huh??? Perhaps there aren't many Irish people in Manchester. They DO understand that St. Patrick's Day is the 17th???? Boston had their parade the Sunday after (the 20th). Is Manchester having their 4th of July parade in August, too?
      I think a lot of local Manchester residents travel down to Boston for that parade, so the city doesn't see the point in having a similar parade on the same day and competing with the larger one in Boston. I agree, though, that it's kind of silly. At least make up some sort of city holiday. Call it "Mill Day", or something.

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      It's the way Mr. Bean's team has gone about failing in the postseason.

08 Dominating a game (and nearly all of OT) except for 2 minutes
      09 collapse of epic proportions
      10 "THEY CAN'T SKATE WITH US!"...7-1

Granted it's not Umiliation's throwing the puck into your own net in a tie game with 10 seconds to go...
      Revisionist history to call the 2-1 loss to BU "Umiliation" (or a choke) and to call that play "throwing the puck into your own net".
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        don't worry no one else understands it either. Just drink lot's of beer, and yell when everyone else yells. Then occasionally shout something like Gophers ####, or sieve and everyone will like you and buy you more beer.
        Now I remember. There's something else about firing a guy named Dooley and Hedder Neyers being a hack.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

CBG I picked UNH to beat Miami in my bracket so you guys better win
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
            CBG I picked UNH to beat Miami in my bracket so you guys better win
            I did too! Well, I didn't really pick a bracket, but I'm picking UNH.
            Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
            -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by zena View Post
              Pick up sea shells by the seashore.
              Yea, I live in the seacoast area, not on the actial seashore. Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                Merrimack has no post season experience, problems with penalties, an average goalie, injury question marks, and they aren't coming in on the best of highs. I hope your definition of curbstomp is different than everyone elses.
                I like the Macks chances here.

They played very poised in the HE Tournament. No 'deer in the headlights' look. Hurdle #1 solved.
                They played very good hockey... few PIM (4/8), with no stupid penalties. Bigos had a few chances to really lay out some BC guys into the boards and withheld from doing so. The Mack played smart last weekend.
                Average goalie... I can't disagree, but he can be exceptional and stand on his head for 60:00 at a time (see the 3 RS games against BC).
                They can succeed without Barton, but it would certainly be nice for them to get him back.
                I think the way they played last weekend, and with the loss to BC, may actually be an advantage for them. They now know they can play with anyone on the big stage and the loss will help keep them hungry. A HE Championship may have gone to their heads.

Keys for Mack to succeed will be the D and their ability to clear pucks from the slot. Canatta is going give up some juicy rebounds, they've got to be there to clear them to the side boards.
                Another key is MC's 3rd line. They are quite good and gave BC fits. They are tough to match up against. Flanagin can really snipe.

I see the Mack advancing out of this regional and I'll be there to root them on (in my BC garb of course).

Go Mack!
                Go Eagles!
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                  Yea, I live in the seacoast area, not on the actial seashore. Any other ideas?
                  Dang... you're high maintenance.

How about you organize UHN's victory parade and bonfire.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    Dang... you're high maintenance.

How about you organize UHN's victory parade and bonfire.
                    HA! Good post.

I sure do hope UNH comes out of this bracket.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                      Revisionist history to call the 2-1 loss to BU "Umiliation" (or a choke) and to call that play "throwing the puck into your own net".
                      Absolutely...that was one of the best games I have seen UNH play in the postseason. They were flying and the crowd was wild. Unfortunately for them, that BU team was a team of "destiny" (look at what happened in the Frozen Four). That was in no way a "collapse."

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        absolutely...that was one of the best games i have seen.
                        fyp.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                          fyp.
                          both are true...

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                            no way, you're the exception, you go out of your way to make up for the db'ness of the fans of the school you support, a class act supporter of a class program/coach, its too bad there aren't many more like you on here!

and I agree, when he's on, there are no better goaltenders than Cannata
                            your kind words are much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                              For folks looking for food pre/post game, I recommend:

Official UNH Gathering with the Pep Band and Gnarlz at Margaritas just up the road from the VWA. Opens at 12noon.
                              I know where I WON'T be doing pre-game.

Buddy and I usually do Jillian's before the UNH/Darty game each year. Probably have to deal witht he squeak ball fans but it is tradition.
                              113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Bad news for Miami: it's cold and snowy up here. Feels like we're still in the middle of winter. UNH plays best in the middle of winter...
                                -Fred Shero

Comment

Working...
                                X