Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zena View Post
    Go moose hunting.
    I live on the Seacoast. No moose here. I don't own a gun either. Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post

When unh faced bu, was it two years ago in the north east finals, game wasn't sold out. Ticket is expensive, a detractor in my opinion. I'd like to see them less greedy and fill the place up
      Tickets are sold as a 2 day package, not individual games. So even if they did sell every seat, it would only appear to be sold out at the end of game 1 and beginning of game 2 on Saturday as not every fan will be present for all 3 games.

Comment

Re: Northeast Regional: Miami, Merrimack, Notre Dame, UNH

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        I should be there this weekend. Can someone please explain what college hockey is like, it's been a while?
        don't worry no one else understands it either. Just drink lot's of beer, and yell when everyone else yells. Then occasionally shout something like Gophers ####, or sieve and everyone will like you and buy you more beer.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
          Tickets are sold as a 2 day package, not individual games. So even if they did sell every seat, it would only appear to be sold out at the end of game 1 and beginning of game 2 on Saturday as not every fan will be present for all 3 games.
          They will sell individual day tickets later in the week as long as the 2 day packages aren't sold out, which happened in 09. The regionals didn't come close to selling out

Comment

My house in Lowell is 10 miles closer to Manchester than Durham is to Manchester so I'd be a fool if I didn't walk. I'll be able to put the money I save on gas and parking towards those $77 tickets.
            Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
            Priceless, according to Melrose you can simply walk from the campus to Manchester. As long as it isn't raining, you should be fine.

UNH beats Miami of Ohio and ND beats MC. I think the Irish find a way to get to St. Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
              I live on the Seacoast. No moose here. I don't own a gun either. Any other ideas?
              Pick up sea shells by the seashore.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                My house in Lowell is 10 miles closer to Manchester than Durham is to Manchester so I'd be a fool if I didn't walk. I'll be able to put the money I save on gas and parking towards those $77 tickets.
                If you live in Lowell, you'll need to save the money.

Comment

I really cannot believe people are complaining about the price. I mean you get to see three very meaningful college hockey games that will decide the eventual national champion of our sport for under $100 per person and get good seats that would cost about $100 a ticket for a regular season meaningless Bruins game.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    No one is talking about ND. They didn't look great vs. Michigan yesterday. But considering you have two of the worst coaches in NCAA tourney history in this bracket (Umiliate and Enrico "BC can't skate with us" Blasi), I have to think ND and Jeff Jackson have more of a chance than people are giving them.
                    The coaches in the early game give ND a better chance against Merrimack?

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                    The same Notre Dame team that beat BC earlier this year?
                    One week before Merrimack beat BC.
                    Last edited by thecomicbookguy; 03-21-2011, 06:15 PM.
                    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                    -Fred Shero

Comment

Any college hockey friendly bars in the area that people have gone to during past regionals to watch the other games from around the country on ESPNU? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by zena View Post
                        If you live in Lowell, you'll need to save the money.
                        Not really sure what that is supposed to mean.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                          The coaches in the early game give ND a better chance against Merrimack?
                          Nice try dopey. No I mentioned that no one was talking about ND coming out of the bracket, which kind of... ya know, makes the other two teams and their coaches relevant. If they get past Merrimack, you have either Jeff Jackson vs. Umiliated or Jeff Jackson vs. Mr. Bean. Either one is a mismatch of epic proportions from a preparation and mental standpoint. Think Johnny Knoxville in the Ringer running against a bunch of ******** kids. What was the final score of that last ND/UNH tilt in the NCAAs that Jackson and Umiliated coached in?
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Nice try dopey. No I mentioned that no one was talking about ND coming out of the bracket, which kind of... ya know, makes the other two teams and their coaches relevant. If they get past Merrimack, you have either Jeff Jackson vs. Umiliated or Jeff Jackson vs. Mr. Bean. Either one is a mismatch of epic proportions from a preparation and mental standpoint. Think Johnny Knoxville in the Ringer running against a bunch of ******** kids. What was the final score of that last ND/UNH tilt in the NCAAs that Jackson and Umiliated coached in?
                            I'll play Devil's Advocate here at odds with my fairly obvious rooting viewpoint.

The 2008 regional that Notre Dame dominated had a team that had 4 classes of players who were unusually close and played off of each other like few other teams I have seen before or since, and certainly not at Notre Dame. The subtraction of an insane amount of leadership provided by 3 or 4 guys from each of the 2008 and 2009 classes has affected this team in ways they have not yet recovered.

They also had a goaltender in Jordan Pearce who was having a fabulous season, better by far than either of the two netminders Notre Dame is likely to use, and was the best goalie I have seen at Notre Dame in my 40 years of attending games. And it isn't even close on that count. The 2008 squad was not prone to making the mistakes the current edition makes, and when they did, Pearce was solid as a brick wall. Johnson and Summerhays have yet to show that.

They were also playing with few expectations, being the last at-large team selected and only in their second season of being any kind of contender like they appear to be becoming. While not blessed with a player as dynamic as either Anders Lee or TJ Tynan have proven to be, they had a depth of playmaking this team lacks.

While that team also came into the NCAAs on the heels of two losses in the CCHA finals at the Joe, the two losses did not look like either of the two losses this past weekend. I did not attend this weekend but did watch Friday and got good and accurate reports on how they looked Saturday. In 2008 we played a solid Miami team down to the final seconds with a lead and lost a heartbreaker in OT, holding what I believe was the CCHA's highest scoring team to two goals, then doing the same to a decent offensive team in Northern the next night.

Finally, while Jackson versus Blasi may be seen by some as an epic mismatch (not by me, and although I do think Jackson is the superior coach, it isn't as if it is Jackson versus Poulin) Notre Dame's game against Miami looked like a pretty epic mismatch to me. Miami played bigger, faster, smarter, and with more passion. Notre Dame looked ill-prepared and lost virtually all of the game, save for a portion of the second period.

Notre Dame beating any of these teams will be a tall order. It can be done. Look no further than Notre Dame in 2008, or to BSU or RIT or any other lower seeded team to come out a regional. Merrimack and Notre Dame are both 4-4 in their last 8 and ranked next to each other in KRACH, and I think both are prone to giving up bad goals. The Warriors will have a much bigger crowd pulling for them, but Notre Dame will trump them in NCAA experience, both on the ice and the bench. And if the Irish get by them, its either a game against a home team riding the high of a pretty big upset NCAA tourney win, or a game against a team playing hockey as well or better than anyone else right now.

Comment

I figured as much, I'm just curious as to your utter dismissal of Merrimack.
                              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                              -Fred Shero

Comment

This one is wide open IMO.

No one is talking about ND. They didn't look great vs. Michigan yesterday. But considering you have two of the worst coaches in NCAA tourney history in this bracket (Umiliate and Enrico "BC can't skate with us" Blasi), I have to think ND and Jeff Jackson have more of a chance than people are giving them.
                                well, what is most amazing is not just that Umile and Blasi are in the same regional, but that they get to play each other in the first round. which means one of them actually has to win. which will inevitably lead to premature and short lived delusions of grandeur from one of their fanbases. which will inevitably lead to utter disappointment after merrimack curbstomps either of them.
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X