Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Green Bay regional: NoDak vs RPI, Western Mich vs Denver

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
    I didn't see the game on 640. DirecTV, right?
    Yep, the UND/RPI game and the UM/UNO game are both listed in the guide now on 640 (MASN), but I don't see the DU game in the guide yet. Hopefully it will indeed be on, that's the only game not listed yet. I'll be in GB, but it's always nice to have a replay to watch later.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Hail, dear old Rensselaer,
      The college of our hearts!
      For dear old Rensselaer,
      Each man must do his part! (FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!)
      True sons of Rensselaer,
      we all must strive to be!
      Now, dear old Rensselaer,
      Hail to thee!
      That can't be right. I've always assumed it was...

Dah dah dah dah dah daaah!
      Daah dah dah Rensselaer,
      Dah dah dah dah dah daaah! (FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!)
      Daah dah dah Rensselaer,
      Daah dah dah Rensselaer,
      Hail to thee!
      RPI Class of 2012
      Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        At about 8 minutes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Y_oM2gjQE. (The whole game is out there in 10-minute segments. Sadly not the UMD game.)
        Is that Lou Nanne on the color commentary?
        'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
          Is that Lou Nanne on the color commentary?
          Yes, indeed. It is interesting that he signed George Servinis for the North Stars as a free agent soon after the tourney (whether or not he was offsides. ). George only played a few games for them.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yes, indeed. It is interesting that he signed George Servinis for the North Stars as a free agent soon after the tourney (whether or not he was offsides. ). George only played a few games for them.
            I just like to think of it as super anticipation
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
              That can't be right. I've always assumed it was...

Daah dah dah Rensselaer,
              Dah dah dah dah dah daaah! (FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!)
              Daah dah dah Rensselaer,
              Daah dah dah Rensselaer,
              Hail to thee!
              That's the version that I was familiar with, too!
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                I just like to think of it as super anticipation
                I'll drink to that.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                  That's the version that I was familiar with, too!
                  Replace "dah" with "blah", include "blah"s on the first line, sometimes the last line, and you have what I'm familiar with. Some dude actually printed out the text of the fight song (albeit the PC text) and put it on everyone's chair in Section 33 (back in 2005-06) because he didn't like how we used "blah".

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                    Yep, the UND/RPI game and the UM/UNO game are both listed in the guide now on 640 (MASN), but I don't see the DU game in the guide yet. Hopefully it will indeed be on, that's the only game not listed yet. I'll be in GB, but it's always nice to have a replay to watch later.
                    found it. Thanks.
                    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

An article by Ed Weaver in the Troy Record about the challenges RPI faces in UND http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Weaver
                        While leading Hobey Baker Award candidate Jeff Frattin gets most of the attention, the Sioux have plenty of outstanding talent sitting on the bench waiting their turn at all times.
                        Unintentional intentional Ed Weaver mistake of the article?
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

An article by Ed Weaver in the Troy Record about the challenges RPI faces in UND http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.
                          Genoway, Zajac, Parise all had brothers that played for the Sioux. I am delighted to know Matt Frattin has a brother, Jeff. Amazingly, RPI is more concerned with Jeff Frattin than his accomplished brother, Matt.

Also, it appears RPI is not "itching" to play, they are "inching" to play. At that rate, they will never arrive in Green Bay from Troy. This could be a forfeit.
                          A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Comment

Originally posted by siouxinminny View Post
                            Genoway, Zajac, Parise all had brothers that played for the Sioux. I am delighted to know Matt Frattin has a brother, Jeff. Amazingly, RPI is more concerned with Jeff Frattin than his accomplished brother, Matt.

Also, it appears RPI is not "itching" to play, they are "inching" to play. At that rate, they will never arrive in Green Bay from Troy. This could be a forfeit.
                            I realize that you kidding, but the articles about RPI hockey in the local rag almost always have errors in them. We have been discussing these for ages.

I add that RPI arrived in Green Bay yesterday as shown in this blog article http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/rp...au-field/8399/ from the Albany T-U.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by siouxinminny View Post

And people say I'm smug.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_17695985

Hello fire my name is gasoline, can I have this dance?
                                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Working...
                                X