X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA West Regional - 3/25, 3/26 - BC, Michigan, UNO, CC

Originally posted by Ruikka Task View Post
    Michigan rolls.
    Why? Probably because Michigan is God's gift to hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Hey, look, a BU turd checking in! You're not bitter or anything...idiot.
      Calm down "J.(ust) D.(umb)" I posted my prediction in each regionals thread.

Comment

That was a good one!!!!!!

So much for this being an intelligent thread...I think this guy's two posts alone negated all of the good posts we've been getting from all the fans of the teams in here.
        Boston College '12
        1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
          That was a good one!!!!!!

So much for this being an intelligent thread...I think this guy's two posts alone negated all of the good posts we've been getting from all the fans of the teams in here.
          I was being over the top on purpose obviously.

And wow look at the BC fans get all snippy when someone posts their own honest opinion that isn't "Boston College is the greatest!" Seems to be a pattern with you guys.

Comment

Let's ignore this dope and get this thread back on the rails.

How has Michigan performed against Hockey East teams over the last three years?
            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
            -
            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Wow, talk about lame. Weakest insult I've ever received on here. Nobody gives a rat's *** if you posted your prediction in each thread. You probably have CC beating BC 10-0. Michigan might win the regional, but to say "Michigan rolls" is flat out stupid. Stick to posting about how nobody in the tourney would want to face your pathetic team.

I was being over the top on purpose obviously.

And wow look at the BC fans get all snippy when someone posts their own honest opinion that isn't "Boston College is the greatest!" Seems to be a pattern with you guys.
              Hahaha ya, it was real obvious. Your obsession with BC is entertaining at least. I think BC is the best team in the tournament, but I don't get on people who think otherwise. I'm sure all BC fans are the same way. Rather than speak in inaccurate generalities, find a post in here where someone said BC can't be beat. Scratch that...don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                Let's ignore this dope and get this thread back on the rails.

How has Michigan performed against Hockey East teams over the last three years?
                Agree with first comment.

I don't know about M, but the last time (only previous time) UNO made it to the skate, we got blown out (9-2 BU). I clearly don't expect that type of result this time... I don't expect that you will see M play a Hockey East team this weekend either.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post

One other note about UNO's 11 year history with Michigan: this season marked the first time that UNO won a regular season game at Yost. Last season the Mavs swept the Wolverines in Omaha marking the first time that had happened in the previous ten years they had met. The Mavs also have beaten Michigan once at Yost during a best of three playoff series and hang on tightly to their finest victory to date: a CCHA tourney semi-final upset at JLA in 2000, the first year the program was in the CCHA. A victory this Friday would certainly surpass that as a milestone for the program- it would be their first ever NCAA tourney win.
                  Ironic that you bring up the CCHA semi-final in 2000. It gets my vote as one of the great moments in team history although we've had a few things rivaling it thrown at us the last couple season now under Coach Blais. When you are all of a sudden SO much better................

That said, here's another one of those great moments that is quite familiar to all UNO fans:

http://www.mavpuck.com/nikigoal.html

The school still uses Terry Leahy's color man call in this clip in local UNO hockey promos to this day. Our very fine play-by-play man then was Greg Harrington who no longer does UNO play-by-play.

I think I agree that winning the game Friday would be a/the high water mark for the program. However, I have awfully fond memories of beating Michigan in Joe Louis Arena, so badly, too, in front of about 20,000 screaming Michigan fans, and, on national television to boot. That was our first ever conference tournament appearance (it was our first year in the CCHA), and, shamefully, for Michigan, we had a losing record that year! You really had no business losing to us. We got blasted the next day by Michigan State in the final. We'd shot our wad.

Your bringing it up was ironic because just today I was wondering what truly was/is the greatest moment in program history (a program that hasn't had a lot of them) and would an NCAA win usurp that CCHA tournament semi-final win in 2000? There are Mav fans that would argue that either home game with North Dakota this season, particularly the Saturday night game where UNO shut them out 1-0 on a goal by Alex Hudson with less than 1 second left in regulation, deserve mention. Coach Blais has semi-disgustedly publicly mentioned that after the Friday night game, which we lost and the lead changed hands three times, that he had people coming up to him and telling him it was the greatest game they has ever seen, and, we lost the game! That says a lot about how few and far between our "great" moments have really been. Sadly, I think that game, too, merits consideration.

One thing this Regional is not lacking in is coaching star power. 8 national championships between the coaches involved.
                  Last edited by Red Cows; 03-21-2011, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Hello. I'm a St. Louis native and big St. Louis Blues fan who will be attending the games this weekend. My only live college hockey experiences are the 2007 Frozen Four and a game between Minnesota and Northeastern at Marriucci Arena two years ago. That said I don't know too much on the teams. I know Michigan is coached by Blues great, Red Berenson. I know Scooter Vaughan on Michigan from his days playing for the St. Louis Bandits in the NAHL. Ditto for CC's Andrew Hamburg. I also know about Jaden Schwartz being Blues property.

Aside from those facts I was just wondering if I could kind of get a preview from posters on this forum on what to expect from each team this weekend. Otherwise I look forward to some great hockey this weekend at the Scottrade Center.

Comment

Hmm....Streaker in "acerbic to Maverick n00bs" mode, or Red Cows in "I invented teh hockz0rz!" mode.

I'll go with Streaker. Cows, we beat these subjects to death in, you know, 2000. And they have limited precedential value by virtue of (a) tDean and (b) having happened eleven years ago."

It all comes down to this: Faulkner not having a disastrous night. If he's Shutout Faulkner, then it's even money to the FF against BC and Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Showstopper View Post
                        Hello. I'm a St. Louis native and big St. Louis Blues fan who will be attending the games this weekend. My only live college hockey experiences are the 2007 Frozen Four and a game between Minnesota and Northeastern at Marriucci Arena two years ago. That said I don't know too much on the teams. I know Michigan is coached by Blues great, Red Berenson. I know Scooter Vaughan on Michigan from his days playing for the St. Louis Bandits in the NAHL. Ditto for CC's Andrew Hamburg. I also know about Jaden Schwartz being Blues property.

Aside from those facts I was just wondering if I could kind of get a preview from posters on this forum on what to expect from each team this weekend. Otherwise I look forward to some great hockey this weekend at the Scottrade Center.
                        Great! I'll let some other CC posters chat about the CC team, but if you are interested in meeting your 1st round draft choice (Jaden Schwartz) this weekend I can hook you up. I can also tell you which hotel the CC team is staying at, but only in private. We love Andrew Hamburg, he is a riot with a super personality. Both Jaden and Andrew's parents should be in St. Louis for the games as well. Go CC Tigers!
                        Last edited by CCtig; 03-21-2011, 07:12 PM.
                        World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

I'm sorry, could someone refresh my memory that there is no alcohol served inside the NCAA regional venues?
                          World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                            I'm sorry, could someone refresh my memory that there is no alcohol served inside the NCAA regional venues?
                            CCtig-fellow CC fan here...when regionals where at the World Arena several years ago it was a dry event...sorry for the bad news!

Comment

You can borrow my flask buddy. Do you need me to bring two? That was the America I was raised in…

Watch out! There will be at least 3 CC fans there. We form a group called the wedge.

We’re shaking the tree. We’re shaking all the trees. Gnarly gnarlingtons…

The wildfires are spreading. The meek are scattering. We will not scatter…

No panic. No judgment…

GO TIGERS!!!
                              Last edited by ronmexico; 03-21-2011, 08:52 PM.
                              Originally posted by vizoroo
                              Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                              Originally posted by duper
                              I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                              Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                              Originally posted by dggoddard
                              Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Oh I don't know, just thought maybe some BC fans would be feeling high and mighty and ready to step on (put down) the small and most western team in D1 college hockey.
                                Hey, tig...you forgot about the Alaska schools. They are definitely further west.
                                Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                                -dggoddard

Comment

Working...
                                X