Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA West Regional - 3/25, 3/26 - BC, Michigan, UNO, CC

Originally posted by bbutzin View Post
    The rules on seeding the tourney are what they are, and they were followed perfectly. Don't like them, change the rules. Not like anybody else had a home team advantage in STL. If a tree fell in that building, I think we'd have to debate whether or not it made a sound.
    My point exactly. We darn near had the brackets figured out the previous Sat night, with a few drinks in us. That says something. What, I don't know.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
      Not an upset. CC proved they were ready for the NCAAs in the WCHA tournament and they were clearly the better team today.
      Right, because being "ready for the NCAAs" is the exact same as being 4 goals better than a team that won both conference titles, 30 games, and is the defending national champion.
      Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

The rules on seeding the tourney are what they are, and they were followed perfectly. Don't like them, change the rules. Not like anybody else had a home team advantage in STL. If a tree fell in that building, I think we'd have to debate whether or not it made a sound.
        I don't know how many more years the NCAA is really going to keep up this charade of putting random teams from around the country in out-of-the-way locations to play in cavernous, empty arenas. Not fair to the fans, not fair to the players, not fair to the game. And they think it's the only way they can be "fair." St. Louis is just about the worst of the worst in this respect, and that's saying a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          My point exactly. We darn near had the brackets figured out the previous Sat night, with a few drinks in us. That says something. What, I don't know.
          It says that you need to find something better to do on a Saturday night while drinking. Like having sex.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
            Right, because being "ready for the NCAAs" is the exact same as being 4 goals better than a team that won both conference titles, 30 games, and is the defending national champion.
            Having seen CC more than a few times this season, that was an upset. BC caught them during their "we're the best team" phase. I'd expect a similar blowout during a "we're fooked" stage, which could either happen tomorrow, or the start of next season.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
              UNO fan is squarely rooting for our new bretheren.
              It's hard for me. I keep reminding myself, Mavericks are not the same as Huskers. Still, I'll take all the support we can get! I'd hope the whole WCHA is behind CC tomorrow. Except maybe DU, they could be forgiven.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
                Yeah, sorry, but that's a pretty big upset. It would be just for CC to win, but to put up 8?

I think Muse's GAA in the tourney nearly doubled tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  It says that you need to find something better to do on a Saturday night while drinking. Like having sex.
                  Reid's. F5. Pre-hunting. Excuse? Survey says? Good answer!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    You mean like how the defending national champion (eastern BC if you forgot) was sent out west this year? To a non-hockey city? Try again. I have no hatred for MI. I really don't give two craps about them. I really don't. If you aren't UND or WI, I really don't care. Here's a cross. I suggest you tear it down, build a bridge out of it, and get over it! Yes, that is "C" material, but you deserve no better.
                    BC's recent regional locations:
                    2010: Worcester, MA
                    2009: DNQ
                    2008: Worcester, MA
                    2007: Manchester, NH
                    2006: Worcester, MA
                    2005: Worcester, MA
                    2004: Manchester, NH
                    2003: Providence, RI

Comment

It's hard for me. I keep reminding myself, Mavericks are not the same as Huskers. Still, I'll take all the support we can get! I'd hope the whole WCHA is behind CC tomorrow. Except maybe DU, they could be forgiven.
                      I'm thinking we will be, although I'm not sure it will help the actual on ice performance. Play with the same level of intensity as tonight and I like your chances.

Good luck!

Comment

Uh, it helps a little that my wife is from Colorado Springs! Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                          Geez. Who did WOOOster blow?

Comment

And? PWR predicts all. Sometimes teams get "screwed." If a bunch of half-drunk fans can get 75% of the bracket right, including locations, then the NCAA did well. This is proven, per last Sat at a St Paul bar. The bracket makers were a mix of PWR enthusiasts and casual (relatively) fans.

Comment

Never even left the time zone. Absurd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                Geez. Who did WOOOster blow?
                                Better question is who did St. Louis blow? For all I care, rotate the thing between 5 or 6 cities, we're not expanding the reach of college hockey any if nobody shows up.

Comment

Working...
                                X