Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA West Regional - 3/25, 3/26 - BC, Michigan, UNO, CC

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
    Are you going to ignore the photos posted below, from an angle the official had access to?
    HEY LOOK! It's Bigfoot!!!!

*****http://www.isbigfootreal.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/patterson_bigfoot.jpg******
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
      One last post-mortem to the UNO/Michigan game.

At the watch party I was at in Omaha, during the utterly ridiculous 10 minute referee's "how do I embarrass myself and my profession" look at Michigan's OT "goal", there was a ton of, "we're gonna lose this review because we are UNO and they are Michigan" conjecture at that function, me included. Wow, fancy that, we were right.

Time for us to move on.
      So, are you saying the refs made that call because they were biased towards Michigan or against UNO? That is ridiculous. And I understand. I said the same thing last year when the Lynch OT goal against Miami was overturned in the Regional Finals.
      Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
        Are you going to ignore the photos posted below, from an angle the official had access to?
        Pleaase post links to those angles/views that the refs had access to. I have seen the down ice view as well as the overhead view and there was no evidence that the initial call should have been overturned.

Comment

Originally posted by kjaskolski View Post
          I wouldn't say a bad call, but a call i would not have made. Again, I think it was in, but i never saw the conclusive evidence, no matter how slowly the replay was slowed down, or ESPN made the puck "glow". Evidence says it was "most likely" in, so i would not rule it a goal on that evidence. And this is from a Michigan fan. However, i want to state again, it was most likely over the line, the cameras just could not get the perfect angle to show it.
          Gimme a break.

It was never a goal until the myopic referees decided after 10 minutes of trying to figure out how it was a MU goal that it actually was!!! "Most likely over the line", EVEN if that is true, ain't good enough. The evidence is supposed to be irrefutable using replay to overturn anything, and, "anything", was no goal!!! You can paint it anyway you want to and sugercoat it any way you want to, and, a ton of people have looked at that video that could not care less about the results and said they don't see irrefutably that it was a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
            Gimme a break.

It was never a goal until the myopic referees decided after 10 minutes of trying to figure out how it was a MU goal that it actually was!!! "Most likely over the line", EVEN if that is true, ain't good enough. The evidence is supposed to be irrefutable using replay to overturn anything, and, "anything", was no goal!!! You can paint it anyway you want to and sugercoat it any way you want to, and, a ton of people have looked at that video that could not care less about the results and said they don't see irrefutably that it was a goal.
            Did you read my post?? It says "I wouldn't say a bad call, but a call i would not have made. Again, I think it was in, but i never saw the conclusive evidence, no matter how slowly the replay was slowed down, or ESPN made the puck "glow"
            Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

Congrats to CC for pounding the team I had picked to win it all. Stunning upset in stunning fashion. Here's hoping Jaden Schwartz turns pro before October.
              Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

I'm guessing these people getting indignant about how the call was "correct on the ice" and wringing their hands over how they'd never make the same call were the same people who defended the ref who sent off Hensick for a 10-minute misconduct in the West Regional in '07, defended the total fail that was Michigan getting screwed out of the Frozen Four last year, defended the integrity of the NCAA tournament committee when it repeatedly sent Michigan to remote, underattended regional sites (and to Grand Forks to play NoDak on their home ice), swapping us out of the nearest sites while at the same time blocking Yost from hosting another regional because our fans were too loud/"too vulgar"... The list goes on and on and on. It's been a pretty terrible decade of luck for Michigan in the tournament, and definitely does not pass the smell test for people who say that Michigan "always gets calls" or some such garbage.

And aside from all of that, the call tonight was correct. No matter how impartial and distant you may want to appear while masking your disappointment that Michigan didn't once again get screwed in the tournament. It was a goal. Game over, Michigan wins.

UNO played a great game, came out strong, but didn't sustain it the rest of the night. Hats-off for a great season, but them's the breaks. We've all been there. When they make the tournament a few more times, they'll begin to see that this is how one-and-done hockey run by the NCAA tends to go most of the time. You want to still be playing on Saturday/Sunday? Don't leave room for doubt, keep up the intensity, and finish strong.

Comment

Originally posted by kjaskolski View Post
                  Did you read my post?? It says "I wouldn't say a bad call, but a call i would not have made. Again, I think it was in, but i never saw the conclusive evidence, no matter how slowly the replay was slowed down, or ESPN made the puck "glow"
                  Sorry, wasn't really digging on you, personally, and I appreciate your stance.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenChileStew View Post
                    Are you looking at them with your heart or your eyes?

Here's another picture from the MGoBlog thread, breaking it down frame by frame. Look at all white between the puck and the goal line. It's in.
                    From this angle, the puck could be in the air, but you cannot inconclusively say the puck was *behind* the goal line - impossible to judge from this far in front, the angles don't work. Not a call I would've made. On something this close, I would've left them to settle it on the ice.

But whatever. As a CC fan, I am all for having karma on our side tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
                      I'm guessing these people getting indignant about how the call was "correct on the ice" and wringing their hands over how they'd never make the same call were the same people who defended the ref who sent off Hensick for a 10-minute misconduct in the West Regional in '07, defended the total fail that was Michigan getting screwed out of the Frozen Four last year, defended the integrity of the NCAA tournament committee when it repeatedly sent Michigan to remote, underattended regional sites (and to Grand Forks to play NoDak on their home ice), swapping us out of the nearest sites while at the same time blocking Yost from hosting another regional because our fans were too loud/"too vulgar"... The list goes on and on and on. It's been a pretty terrible decade of luck for Michigan in the tournament, and definitely does not pass the smell test for people who say that Michigan "always gets calls" or some such garbage.

And aside from all of that, the call tonight was correct. No matter how impartial and distant you may want to appear while masking your disappointment that Michigan didn't once again get screwed in the tournament. It was a goal. Game over, Michigan wins.

UNO played a great game, came out strong, but didn't sustain it the rest of the night. Hats-off for a great season, but them's the breaks. We've all been there. When they make the tournament a few more times, they'll begin to see that this is how one-and-done hockey run by the NCAA tends to go most of the time. You want to still be playing on Saturday/Sunday? Don't leave room for doubt, keep up the intensity, and finish strong.
                      You mean like how the defending national champion (eastern BC if you forgot) was sent out west this year? To a non-hockey city? Try again. I have no hatred for MI. I really don't give two craps about them. I really don't. If you aren't UND or WI, I really don't care. Here's a cross. I suggest you tear it down, build a bridge out of it, and get over it! Yes, that is "C" material, but you deserve no better.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        You mean like how the defending national champion (eastern BC if you forgot) was sent out west this year? To a non-hockey city? Try again. I have no hatred for MI. I really don't give two craps about them. I really don't. If you aren't UND or WI, I really don't care. Here's a cross. I suggest you tear it down, build a bridge out of it, and get over it! Yes, that is "C" material, but you deserve no better.
                        The rules on seeding the tourney are what they are, and they were followed perfectly. Don't like them, change the rules. Not like anybody else had a home team advantage in STL. If a tree fell in that building, I think we'd have to debate whether or not it made a sound.

For comparison -
                        Boston to STL - 1,180 miles
                        Colorado Springs - 832 miles

That's not exactly huge...350 miles difference? Not ideal, but no excuse either.
                        Last edited by bunt_q; 03-26-2011, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bbutzin View Post
                          From this angle, the puck could be in the air, but you cannot inconclusively say the puck was *behind* the goal line - impossible to judge from this far in front, the angles don't work. Not a call I would've made. On something this close, I would've left them to settle it on the ice.

UNO fan is squarely rooting for our new bretheren.

Comment

Originally posted by bbutzin View Post

With all the angles we've been able to look at, you're actually trying to claim that the puck wasn't on the ice?

If that's all you have left, it's time to concede the argument. It was a goal.
                            BSE Michigan '03

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
                              Congrats to CC for pounding the team I had picked to win it all. Stunning upset in stunning fashion. Here's hoping Jaden Schwartz turns pro before October.
                              Not an upset. CC proved they were ready for the NCAAs in the WCHA tournament and they were clearly the better team today.
                              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

If the NCAA ever holds a regional in St. Louis again, they ought to have their heads collectively pulled from their rear ends. The attendance was pathetic. Any time you can walk up in the middle of the first period and buy a ticket with a great seat, something is wrong.
                                Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X